"Weird Al" Yankovic is a competitor in the King for a Day Tournaments based on the American comedy artist of the same name. He was selected by the SiIvaGunner rippers.
Yankovic was revealed as the fourth competitor for the tournament on July 18, 2018. His source list included rips related to his songs and parodies. Yankovic lost to King Dedede in Match 1 of Round 1, the first competitor to be eliminated.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments. The rest are from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|"Betcha thinky you're real handy with that hammer, don'tcha?!"|
|"Who needs radio when we've got it all on UHF?"|
|"A YouTube streamer? Now that's a lame claim to fame!"|
|"I'm a vegetarian, so I'll finish you off like a fresh bowl of Bell-Pepper salad!"|
|"What kind of chip you got in there? A DORITO?"|
|"At least I re-use music out of artistic intent, you just do it out of laziness!|
|"So you own a franchise made up entirely of little girls? That definitely creeps me out."|
|"Reggie, huh? Did you open an email with the subject "Stinky Cheese", by any chance?|
|"Good thing I've got my aluminium foil!"|
|"Hey! Hands off the internet, bozo! Don't download this!"|
|"Bring him the stones, he's the Thanos man..."|
|"They say I've been able to outlast all of my contemporaries... Will you three be next?"|
|"I wrote "Trigger Happy" to warn society about folks like you!"|
|"What are you, a toy made on the night Santa went crazy?"|
|"I'll sue ya, I'll take all your money!"|
- "After his first-round loss in the last tournament, “Weird Al” Yankovic has returned for seconds! His burning desire for victory has manifested into a stand called 「BEAT IT」, which allows him to use the musical powers of the King of Pop himself in battle — hopefully, he’ll be the king of this tournament, too!"
- —"Weird Al" Yankovic's description on the MOJO!!
Yankovic returned to the tournament with a new design based off of his appearance in the "Eat It" music video. He has also developed a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-style stand called "Beat It", which takes the form of Michael Jackson. According to this interview on the MOJO!!, he gained "Beat it" after he was beaten by King Dedede in King for a Day, and his determination after his loss manifested into his stand. His source list has been expanded to include Michael Jackson songs and rips of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles due to Jackson's rumored involvement in the game's soundtrack.
In Round 1, Yankovic battled Geno and won. In Round 2, he faced off against Wario Partners, LLP and won again. He faced off against Law & Disorder in Round 3 and lost, but in the Round 4 of the Loser Bracket he faced Johnny Bravo and won. This victory was short lived, as in Round 5 he faced Mariya Takeuchi and was eliminated.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
|Against||"Weird Al" Yankovic's quote|
|"How am I supposed to find anything on eBay if my internet is too slow to access it?|
|"Where did you come from? The clearance aisle at the Hardware Store?"|
|"Look, everyone! It's Young, Dumb, and Ugly!"|
|"Your remixes are so bad, they may as well be parodies!"|
|"Forget Nintendo, I'd rather be playing Pac-Man!"|
|"Heard you guys have a great dental plan, but it can't be as good as the CIA's!"|
|"I don't like anime."|
|"We all sure could use us a hero now. Hey M.J., where's Spider-Man?"|
|"Woooah! Tell the little yellow guy he's gonna need his own zip-code if he doesn't put the fork down!"|
|"I'd tell you to take the chance of you winning again and eat it, but then again, you're so fat, you'd oblige!"|
|"You've got a lot of swagger for someone so cloak and dagger."|
|"My parodies are original and fresh! You just sample stuff straight from other media and throw it over a stale beat!"|
|"Do you happen to have a city of cavemen down in your cave? I really want to be a Flintstone."|
|"Can't help you with your call, man. We haven't paid the phone bill in 300 years."|
|"Have we met before? Oh right, you're that Elvis impersonator!"|
|"Hmm, let me check today's horoscope for Cancer..."|
|"I could have sworn we met each other at Jurashiku Park..."|
|"Hey Eggman, I noticed your series is taking yet *another* page out of Mario's book - the new movie looks like a Chinese bootleg!"|
|"If you're scared about control rays and psychotronic scanning, those helmets aren't nearly as effective as my aluminum foil!"|
|"You want-a some-a lasagna magnifico? Or a-maybe spaghetti!"|
|"Hey, where is he? That Cookie Monster... his "Share It Maybe" is giving me competition!"|
|"Doctor, tell me what I need! Maybe a little cheese in my knee?"|
|"Is it Christmas at Ground Zero already?"|
|"Once I own you, I won't ever have to be trapped in a drive-thru again!"|
|"What makes you think you have the right to play those drums? You're gonna wake up Little Ricky!"|
|"Well, that's something we don't have on UHF..."|
|"Huh, I feel like I've seen you on a jungle cruise ride."|
|"Virus Alert! I better delete this guy immediately before someone gets hurt."|
|"Sounds like you three need to go on a Grapefruit Diet!"|
|"Now before we fight, I want you to answer me one simple question. What is the mathematical formula used to determine the area inside a pentadodecahedron?"|
|"So, you wanna take me to court, and you've got yourself a lawyer with a Three-Piece Suit?"|
|Against||"Weird Al" Yankovic's quote|
|"Hmm... This Harlem Shake could be great for a parody! I'll call it the Chocolate Shake!"|
|"Looks like we're gonna need a puppet master for the new world order."|
|"Hm, maybe I could use this ink to get another tattoo!"|
|"Huh... I was expecting those aliens to be Slime Creatures..."|
|"I got 99 problems but a Switch ain't one!"|
|"Fine, I'll make you a sandwich. I'll be sure to cover it in aluminum foil for later."|
|"And the accordion trumps the trumpet!"|
|"Hope Disney doesn't replace me on "Milo Murphy's Law" for this."|
|"In all honesty, I parodied the outfit from "Bad" way better than you guys did."|
|"Hey, mind telling me what hardware store you got that hammer from?"|
|"And another target's gone!"|
|"Sorry, as a former DJ, I have a really bad habit of breaking records..."|
|"King of indie games, huh? No match for the King of Suede!"|
|"I refuse to parody those who already make a mockery of themselves."|
|"I have to admit, you creep me out."|
|"...Guess that horoscope was right, since you'll be spending the rest of the week face down in the mud!"|
|"Plastic? I'd say I'm more of an aluminum kinda guy."|
|"Perhaps it would be better if I added a bleep or a bloop or another wacky sound effect?"|
|""Get Lucky" and "Happy" were just the beginning... I'm gonna polka-fy your entire combined discography!"|
|"Just got my new resume, and it's printed in Comic Sans!"|
|"If you're ok with me winning, then you might just be tacky too!"|
|"Think I might have made his heart beat stop for the very last time."|
|"I think I see Jack Frost smeared on my window sill!"|
|"Boy... I'm really gonna get fat from eating all this lasagna..."|
|"Well you beat it alright, but it doesn't seem like you can eat it!"|
|"Not as impressive as Frank's 2000-inch tv."|
|"Good try, dong-for-brains. I'll be sure to call Candy Kong for a good time."|
|"Now to burn these clothes..."|
|"You guys are pretty good. Maybe if I do another "Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour", I'll hire you guys for help."|
|"Yeah, that's what I thought."|
|"Because of the inconvenience I'm going to have to SUE YA!"|
- Weird Al also appeared in the video "A "Weird" Announcement"
- He, Metal Ajit Pai, Solid Snake and DJ Professor K are the only characters to have victories in the second tournament but none in the first one.
- He is potentially the only character to have a dual rip with all the contestants in King for Another Day, that being "POLKA FOR ANOTHER DAY", apart from his other duel rips he was featured in.
King for a DayEdit
- His vs. quote against King Dedede references "Handy”.
- His victory quote against King Dedede references “Eat It”.
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K is a reference to the film and song "UHF".
- His victory against DJ Professor K references "Such a Groovy Guy".
- His vs. quote against Etika references "Lame Claim to Fame".
- His victory quote against Etika references "I Can't Watch This".
- His vs. quote against Will Smith is a reference to how Al became a vegetarian in 1992, and Smith's show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- His victory quote against Will Smith is a reference to The Weird Al Show.
- His quotes against Unregistered HyperCam 2 reference "It's All About the Pentiums".
- His victory quote against Pitbull references "Albuquerque".
- His vs. quote against ZUN references "Do I Creep You Out?".
- His vs. quote against Reggie Fils-Aimé is a reference to "Virus Alert".
- His victory quote against Reggie Fils-Aimé is a reference to "Another Ones Rides the Bus".
- His vs. quote against Dancing Alien Team references "Foil".
- His vs. quote against Ajit Pai references "Don't Download This Song".
- His victory quote against Ajit Pai references "eBay".
- His vs. quote against Thanos is a parody of the chorus to "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, of which Al made a parody to related to the Spider-Man movies called "Ode to a Superhero".
- His victory quote against Thanos references "Polka Face", where "Fireflies" is one of the songs in the polka medley.
- His vs. quote against Solid Snake references "Trigger Happy".
- His victory quote against Solid Snake references the Phantom Cigar used by Venom Snake in the Metal Gear series, as well as his song "Close But No Cigar".
- His vs. quote against Geno references "The Night Santa Went Crazy".
- His victory quote against Geno references "Nature Trail to Hell".
- His vs. quote against Wario Bros. is a reference to “I’ll Sue Ya”.
King for Another DayEdit
- Many of his quotes are references to his songs.
- His vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references "eBay".
- His vs. quote against Geno and victory quote against King Dedede references "Hardware Store".
- His victory quotes against Geno, Men in Black, Mariya Takeuchi and Daft Punk ft. Pharrell all references "Foil".
- His vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references "Young, Dumb & Ugly".
- His victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references "Another Tattoo"
- His victory quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references "Slime Creatures from Outer Space".
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references "Pac-Man".
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power is a reference to "Handy" and indirectly a reference to Jay-Z's "99 Problems".
- His vs. quote against Men in Black and his quotes against Solid Snake references "Party in the CIA".
- His vs. quote against Thanos references "Ode to a Superhero."
- It is also a play on how "M.J." can stand for both Mary Jane, as in the Spider-Man character, and Michael Jackson.
- His vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP references "Fat".
- His vs. quote against King Dedede as well as his victory quote against Rhythm Masters references "Eat It".
- His victory quote against Rhythm Masters also references the Michael Jackson song "Beat It".
- His vs. quote against Quote references "Bedrock Anthem".
- His victory quote against Quote references "King of Suede".
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine is a reference to "Amish Paradise".
- His victory quote against Johnny Bravo references "Do I Creep You Out?"
- His quotes against Mr. Krabs are references to "Your Horoscope for Today".
- His vs. quote against Mariya Takeuchi references the song "Jurashiku Park", a Japanese version of his parody "Jurassic Park".
- His victory quote against Dr. Robotnik is a reference to "Sir Isaac Newton vs. Bill Nye" from Epic Rap Battles of History, in which he played Isaac Newton.
- His vs. quote against Papyrus as well as his victory quote against HOBaRT references "Lasagna".
- His victory quote against Papyrus references "Tacky".
- His vs quote against Dr. Piccolo references "The Goof Off" from his appearance in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- His victory quote against Dr. Piccolo is a reference to "Like a Surgeon".
- His quotes against Jack Bros. are a reference to "Christmas at Ground Zero".
- His vs. quote against HOBaRT references "Trapped in the Drive-Thru".
- His vs. quote against Rhythm Masters is a reference to "Ricky".
- His victory quote against Nico Nico references "Frank's 2000" TV".
- His vs. quote against Donkey Kong is a reference to "Skipper Dan".
- His quotes against MissingNo. are a reference to "Virus Alert".
- His vs. quote against The Jazz Cats references "Grapefruit Diet".
- His vs. quote against Law & Disorder references "The Check's in the Mail".
- His victory quote against Law & Disorder references "I'll Sue Ya".
- His vs. quote against ZUN is a reference to a post from a now deleted fake Al Yankovic account called weirdalyankovich who responded to an anonymous user after they asked what does he think about Touhou Project and ZUN on Tumblr.
- His victory quote against Thanos references his role as Milo Murphy in Milo Murphy's Law.
- His victory quote against Wario Partners, LLP is a reference to the outfit Weird Al wore in the music video of "Fat", which is a parody of the song "Bad".
- His victory quote against DJ Professor K references his time as a DJ at KCPR and also references a scene where Yankovic smashes a "You Light Up My Life" record in a documentary.
- His vs. quote against Johnny Bravo references the Johnny Bravo episode "Johnny Makeover", which Weird Al makes an appearance on.
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the songs he included and parodied from them; those being "Get Lucky" featured in the polka medley "NOW That's What I Call Polka!" and "Happy", which "Tacky" is a parody of.
- His vs. quote against Jack & Elmo references his interview with NPR.
- His victory quote against Jack & Elmo is a reference to the fact that Jack Black appeared in his video for "Tacky".
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico references the film UHF, a movie Yankovic starred in. It also references the song named after.
- His victory quote against Donkey Kong references "Donkey Kong Song" by Screen Team.
- His victory quote against The Jazz Cats references his tour "The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour".
- His quotes against Eminem are a reference to his Al-TV "interview" with him.