This rip is another episode of the Mr. Rental series by NBGMusic, the ripper who created the We Are Number One - LazyTown: The Video Game rip and pushed for "We Are Number One" to become a main meme on the channel. This episode is aimed at condemning the low-effort edits capitalizing off of "We Are Number One", mostly aimed specifically at the YouTuber MrMrMANGOHEAD.
Homer Simpson explodes from a building labeled "THE FUCKING STORE" and lands screaming on the ground. Mr Rental approaches him cocking a gun and says, "Some people today are so rude." Homer runs away crying, and Mr Rental says, "Ha! Got you! You dumbass!" He then gets in his car, saying, "Time to go home! There are mashups to be banned!" He turns on his Rental Radio, and as "Violent Pornography" by System of a Down plays, he runs over Homer and says, "The sweet sound of originality!"
The car lands in the roof of Mr Rental's house. He lands in his computer room and decides to see what mashups there are. However, he doesn't find any mashups. What he does find is a video titled "we are number one but every one is replaced with stock distortion effects with no change because I have no idea how to make any original or transformative content and a forced meme is added to stay relevant with normie trash and I can shill my patreon in the description in the hopes that someone actually thinks these videos take any real effort and deserve money".
Mr Rental is intrigued due to his love for "We Are Number One", but once he starts watching, his mood quickly turns sour. Things get worse with every detail: thousands of views, a Patreon with a $107 per month pledge, people apparently donating to the video maker instead of Stefán Karl Stefánsson (all real details from MrMrMANGOHEAD's accounts).
"I can't believe it!", Mr Rental declares. "I actually found something worse than mashups! I have been fighting the wrong battle this whole time!" He bursts through his front door in a blind rage, carrying a gun and yelling, "Time to make this right!" He drives off to put a stop to the hack.
Elsewhere, the "character" from MrMrMANGOHEAD's avatar (Shrek's head on Mike Wazowski's body) walks into the Stale Meme Shop as Behind The Meme's avatar rolls out. MrMrMANGOHEAD asks the clerk of the Stale Meme Shop, John Cena, for "a new medium to force stale memes with", so Cena hands him The Lorax, referencing MrMrMANGOHEAD's edits of the film. In addition, MrMrMANGOHEAD speaks in distortion effects a la his videos.
Mr Rental bursts through the window of the shop and clobbers MrMrMANGOHEAD. Behind The Meme looks on, expressing his concern with a Captain Kirk reaction gif. Mr Rental approaches MrMrMANGOHEAD as he lies twitching and bleeding on the ground...
MrMrMANGOHEAD wakes up in a strange room, chained by his wrists to a bed. At the foot of the bed is Steve Harvey. He pulls out a book labeled "HOW TO MAKE MEANINGFUL ORIGINAL CONTENT" and wiggles his eyebrows at MrMrMANGOHEAD. We cut to black with a scream.
- The other fake videos Mr Rental scrolls past are:
- "little boy fucking dies in house fire (try to watch without laughing)" (thumbnail is Egghead as LuckyLuciano17k). This is also the first appearance of Egghead.
- "you won't believe what happens next - YOU WON'T BELIVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!" (thumbnail is the "Trust nobody not even yourself" meme with Sportacus and Robbie Rotten)
- "watching grass grow REACTION" (thumbnail is Drake going "!!!!!!!!!! OMG" at some grass)
- "EXPERIMENT glowing 1000 degree knife vs water" (a reference to a fad of "1000 degree knife experiments")
- "top 10 lore deaths" (thumbnail is Yuuko Aioi)
- "bottom text" (thumbnail is Impact text reading "impact font = meme")
- MrMrMANGOHEAD left a comment on this rip, simply saying "This made my day".