Ajit Pai is the current Chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission, or FCC, infamous for his stance against net neutrality. He was a competitor in the King for a Day Tournament, where he was snapped out of existence by Thanos. He has been reincarnated as Metal Ajit Pai in the King for Another Day Tournament. He was selected by the SiIvaGunner Backroom.
Pai was the first competitor revealed for the tournament on July 17, 2018. His rips would include rips featuring "Harlem Shake", rips featuring fidget spinners, and rips featuring slow internet.
Pai lost to Thanos in Match 6 of Round 1. However, due to Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet, Ajit Pai was snapped out of existence. He was the only competitor in the tournament to canonically die.
- "Hey man, don't blame the N.M.E.'s slow service on me!"
- "You were all about the Pentiums 20 years ago, but I rule cyberspace now!"
- "Once I shut your network down, all you'll be able to do is open Virtual DJ!"
- "By the time we are finished, the only game you'll be playing is Minecraft!"
- "Not even the Men in Black can stop my efforts for a new better internet!"
- "When I'm done with you, you won't even be able to stream at 144p!"
- "I brought down the World Wide Web. Mr. Worldwide won't stand a chance."
- "Ever tried drinking out of a Reese's mug?"
- "If you thought the ping was bad now, just you wait!"
- "Not sure if the FCC has any protocol against alien invasions."
- "Disney owns you, and I can take that away in a snap!"
- "It's not my fault your game is online-focused."
- "Screw the Solid Snakeover, it's time for the Harlem Shakeover!"
- "I'll turn you into a magnificent new fidget spinner!"
- "You've got a lot of money, but can you afford our premium speeds?"
- "You're King DDD, but I'm King FCC, bitch."
- "Try waxing your modem, maybe it'll go faster."
- "That's enough, spin doctor."
- "You don't need the speed, you barely stream anyway!"
- "Don't download, go out and buy the record."
- "Hey, how's it feel to still be on dial-up?"
- "I may not be able to stop the party, but I can sure as hell stop the internet."
- "Try getting your games on Steam now, you drunken buffoon!"
- "Have fun trying to drop off the battle bus now."
- "Yeah, I'll just leave the government to deal with you guys."
- "I'm the real neutrality around here."
- "Don't enter a ranked battle if you're going to lag behind the competition."
- "No amount of stealth can escape the mighty hand of the FCC!"
- "Once every gamer starts paying premium, they'll want you back even less!"
- "Time for a new Wario Land game: Harlem Shake It!"
- After his crushing defeat in the last tournament, Ajit Pai, now a sentient pile of dust, comes back with a vengeance… and a giant mech sponsored by Reese’s® peanut butter. Armed with a massive Nerf gun and fidget spinner, he is equipped to rule the Internet with an iron fist… and, of course, finally make his dreams of a Harlem Shakeover a reality.
- —Metal Ajit Pai's description on the MOJO!!
Due to Ajit Pai being killed by Thanos in the first tournament, he was reincarnated as an anime-style mech known as Metal Ajit Pai. This time, his source list has been expanded to include rips featuring any Ajit Pai-related memes and rips related to mecha-related media such as the Gundam franchise, Neon Genesis Evengaleon, Tengen Toppa Gurren Legann and the Transformers franchise.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Metal Ajit Pai's Head has a handle at the back making his head resemble a giant mug referencing his infamous Reese's puffs mug.
- His victory quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references the Bad Bunny song "Tu No Metes Cabra".
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references Nintendo Switch's online service.
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power references the release of Joker from the game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- His vs. quote against Solid Snake is a play on his name and the meme "Harlem Shake".
- His victory quote against Solid Snake references the Metal Gear Solid 3 Pachislot
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine is a reference to the song "Payphone".
- His victory quote against Adam as well as his vs. quote against The Jazz Cats are a reference to the video "PSA from Chairman of the FCC Ajit Pai".
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico, as stated in his quote, are references to the downside features on the website Niconico.
- His victory quote against The Jazz Cats references his first loss in the first King for a Day tournament against Thanos.
- His quotes against Eminem is a reference to the song "Without Me".