Ajit Pai is the former Chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission, or FCC, infamous for his stance against net neutrality. He was a competitor in the King for a Day Tournament, where he was snapped out of existence by Thanos. He has been reincarnated as Metal Ajit Pai in the King for Another Day Tournament. He was selected by the SiIvaGunner Backroom.
- See also: Category:Rips featuring Harlem Shake
The "Harlem Shake", a song commonly associated with Ajit Pai, is a minor meme on the SiIvaGunner channel.
Additionally, Pai makes a physical appearance, in his human and "Metal" forms respectively, in "Slider (DN Version) - Super Mario 64" and "Unusual Circumstances - A SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis Side Story". He also makes a vocal appearance in the "Metal Ajit Pai Political Ad" in "JET SET RADIO 7/6 ENCORE BROADCAST - Jet Set Radio Evolution".
Pai was the first competitor revealed for the tournament on July 17, 2018. His rips would include rips featuring "Harlem Shake", rips featuring fidget spinners, and rips featuring slow internet.
Pai lost to Thanos in Match 6 of Round 1. However, due to Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet, Ajit Pai was snapped out of existence. He was the only competitor in the tournament to canonically die.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Ajit Pai's quote|
|"Hey man, don't blame the N.M.E.'s slow service on me!"|
|"You were all about the Pentiums 20 years ago, but I rule cyberspace now!"|
|"Once I shut your network down, all you'll be able to do is open Virtual DJ!"|
|"By the time we are finished, the only game you'll be playing is Minecraft!"|
|"Not even the Men in Black can stop my efforts for a new better internet!"|
|"When I'm done with you, you won't even be able to stream at 144p!"|
|"I brought down the World Wide Web. Mr. Worldwide won't stand a chance."|
|"Ever tried drinking out of a Reese's mug?"|
|"If you thought the ping was bad now, just you wait!"|
|"Not sure if the FCC has any protocol against alien invasions."|
|"Disney owns you, and I can take that away in a snap!"|
|"It's not my fault your game is online-focused."|
|"Screw the Solid Snakeover, it's time for the Harlem Shakeover!"|
|"I'll turn you into a magnificent new fidget spinner!"|
|"You've got a lot of money, but can you afford our premium speeds?"|
- After his crushing defeat in the last tournament, Ajit Pai, now a sentient pile of dust, comes back with a vengeance… and a giant mech sponsored by Reese’s® peanut butter. Armed with a massive Nerf gun and fidget spinner, he is equipped to rule the Internet with an iron fist… and, of course, finally make his dreams of a Harlem Shakeover a reality.
- —Metal Ajit Pai's description on the MOJO!!
Due to Ajit Pai being killed by Thanos in the first tournament, he was reincarnated as an anime-style mech known as Metal Ajit Pai. This time, his source list has been expanded to include rips featuring any Ajit Pai-related memes and rips related to mecha-related media such as the Gundam franchise, Neon Genesis Evengaleon, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and the Transformers franchise.
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|Against||Metal Ajit Pai's quote|
|"Look at how ant-sized you are, I could crush you faster than I crushed Net Neutrality."|
|"I wonder what internet laws you have over there at Inkopolis..."|
|"I've already made the net a lot slower, maybe I can follow Europe's footsteps and remove fair use too!"|
|"Escuchen: Métanse conmigo y les mostraré el verdadero terror, con los terroristas."|
|"I don't even feel the need to tamper your online service, you already did the work for me."|
|"I made a protocol for the FCC just in case of an alien invasion. Capture them, and have them work for us."|
|"Mess with me and I can truly make your life a bullet hell."|
|"H-hey big guy! Or should I say small guy! I'm back and better than ever to restore internet freedom! Prepare to be blown into Reese's Pieces!"|
|"Might you two unsavory gentlemen be interested in a deal to help take down unofficial microgames from the internet?"|
|"Perhaps you'd be interested in an exclusive package from N.M.E. for only $60 a month?"|
|"D-D-DO THE SOLID SNAKE! Get it? Because you're... Come on, work with me here!"|
|"If you surrender now, I might be generous enough to let you stream on Spotify."|
|"It's incredible how you even get connection down in that cave. Mind if I change that?"|
|"Oh hey, still using a Payphone?"|
|"You can look at all the hot babes you want online for only $20 a month!"|
|"Local restaurants in these times are doomed to die. Join me, and I can make the Krusty Krab a franchise to be feared!"|
|"Merely taking over YouTube's algorithms is a fool's errand."|
|"It's laughable to think that all your machines are destroyed by a hedgehog."|
|"Bonjour, you two! And...you. Hey, what do you say us metal heads do France a favor and restore their internet freedom?"|
|"As a conflicted mech, I was on the fence about having a different name, but when you put it in all caps...You've persuaded me."|
|"I just finished making you a personalized package! Now your fans need to subscribe for just $8 a week!"|
|"Hey doc, interested in investing into a medical package? You can hand out your daily doses for a much bigger and better price!"|
|"If you're looking for a heart to steal, you won't find one here. Had to get rid of it once I got the upgrade."|
|"Looks like it's time to expand my online influence to Australia!"|
|"Don't worry little guy! If it's a pound you want, I can drive you straight into the ground!"|
|"Slow speeds, low quality, and limited uploads until you get a Premium account? ...I think we could get along."|
|"Monkeying around isn't gonna stop me from winning, I thought we learned that last time..."|
|"Is this thing my doing? Was the internet a little...too slow?"|
|"I may allow cute photos of animals on the internet...but I feel a little cruel today."|
|"Now that I'm the FCC's president, it's time to finish what the last one couldn't and shut you down... permanently!"|
|"The courts couldn't even stop my legislation, so how do you think you two can stop me?"|
|Against||Metal Ajit Pai's quote|
|"Nothing but splinters now."|
|"Good luck streaming your news station, girls."|
|"You're gonna need a stand-in lawyer from all the musicians I just called about your "parodies"."|
|"Nunca metieron cabra, saramambiches."|
|"I have to admit, I was impressed at your internet speeds when that Joker person was released for Smash Super Bros."|
|"My plans to restore internet freedom can now spread through the entire galaxy!"|
|"Maybe you can pour me some of your drink into my cup here."|
|"I'd be more than happy to kill you here, but luckily Disney slipped a few "donations" my way."|
|"No deal? That's a shame, but oh well; I can still take you guys off the web!"|
|"You're telling me you want a connection from LIGHTYEARS away? What am I gonna do with all your money?!"|
|"Hey, don't feel bad! At least you still get to play on your pachinko machine!"|
|"Don't be so down in the dumps, you still have a chance on SoundCloud! Just purchase our media package!"|
|"I think we both know who the better robot is here, buddy."|
|"You'll still be able to post pictures of animals online, such as yourself."|
|"Hopefully your data will last long enough to scroll through at least one girl on Tinder. If not, sucks to be you."|
|"I'll make sure Viacom takes no pity on your soul."|
|"It would appear that her empire was only a plastic one."|
|"It's for the best if you just stay making those poops on YouTube...as if you have any access now, sucker."|
|"Your loss. My FCC minions are better than your little yellow blobs, anyway."|
|"If you like, you can act as a royal guard for the FCC! We hate to inform you that we have no pasta, however. Only Reese's."|
|"Oh, man! I totally forgot to charge you guys for your edutainment package...this is embarrassing."|
|"Let's split it, 50/50. I'm on top, you're on bottom. It's only fair! It'll be worth it, I assure you!"|
|"Did I just step on something?...Sounded like a bug..."|
|"If I got my hands on this baby, I could make all the Reese's Pieces I could ever want..."|
|"If you include "Harlem Shake" in your little rhythm game... MAYBE... I'll charge you 1% off to listen to music online."|
|"Don't worry, once the repeal of Net Neutrality reaches Japan, you'll still be able to drive memes straight into the ground."|
|"Thank you for switching your "banana phone" to Verizon. I don't think you'll be able to pay your bills with bananas, though."|
|"I can't believe I terminated my own creation...but it is my duty to restore internet freedom."|
|"It really is a shame that without your music on the internet, you will fade into obscurity. I know what it feels like to fade away..."|
|"Ahhh, this tournament would feel so empty without me!"|
|"You guys never learn your lesson, do you? I always get what I want."|
King for a Day
King for Another Day
- Metal Ajit Pai, along with "Weird Al" Yankovic, Solid Snake, and DJ Professor K are the only characters to have victories in the second tournament but none in the first one.
- The stylization of Metal Ajit Pai's antennae, with it being red and the left side being shorter than the right, resembles the Verizon logo. This is likely a reference to his time serving as Associate General Counsel at Verizon Communications.
- This may also reference the Gurren Lagann mech from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which has a similarly broken headpiece.
- Metal Ajit Pai's head has a handle at the back making his head resembling a giant mug, which references his infamous Reese's Puffs mug.
King for a Day
- His quotes against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "It's All About the Pentiums".
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K references the software VirtualDJ.
- His victory quote against DJ Professor K references the Jet Set Radio song "That's Enough".
- His victory quote against Will Smith references his song "Switch".
- His victory quote against Pitbull references his song "Don't Stop the Party".
- His victory quote against Wario Bros. is a play on the "Harlem Shake" meme and the game Wario Land: Shake It!.
King for Another Day
- His vs. quotes against Geno, "Weird Al" Yankovic and HOBaRT as well as his victory quote against Nico Nico and quotes against Law & Disorder references his repeal against net neutrality.
- His victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references the station that Pearl and Marina hosts at in Splatoon 2.
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the various songs he parodied from various musicians.
- His vs. quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references the Baauer song "Harlem Shake".
- His victory quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references the Bad Bunny song "Tu No Metes Cabra".
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references Nintendo Switch's online service.
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power references the release of Joker from the game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- His victory quotes against Men in Black and MissingNo. as well as his vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the "Restoring Internet Freedom Order" effect by the FCC which took effect on June 11, 2018. Ajit Pai also references this in his vs. quote against Thanos.
- His vs. quote against ZUN reference the genre Touhou games typically fall under, known as "bullet-hell".
- His victory quote against ZUN references the giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup brand mug he owns and drinks out of.
- His vs. quote against Thanos as well as his victory quotes against Papyrus and HOBaRT references his love for Reese's.
- His victory quotes against Thanos references the donations to charity from Disney.
- His vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP is a reference to Nintendo's infamous tendency of taking down fangames based on their properties.
- His vs. quotes against King Dedede, Johnny Bravo and Dr. Piccolo as well as his victory quotes against DJ Professor K and Dr. Robotnik and quotes against Jack & Elmo all references an infamous tendecy caused by the FCC when net neutrality was killed which limits some features on websites until the person received the internet package.
- His vs. quote against King Dedede also references the company Nightmare Enterprises owned by eNeMeE from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
- His victory quote against DJ Professor K also references the music streaming platform SoundCloud.
- His victory quote against Jack & Elmo also references Jack Black's "This is embarrassing!" line from his appearance in Sesame Street.
- His victory quote against Dr. Piccolo also references the Daily Dose meme.
- His vs. quote against Solid Snake references the meme "Harlem Shake".
- His victory quote against Solid Snake references the Metal Gear Solid 3 Pachislot.
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K references the audio streaming platform Spotify.
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine is a reference to the Maroon 5 song "Payphone".
- His victory quote against Adam Levine as well as his vs. quote against The Jazz Cats are a reference to the video "PSA from Chairman of the FCC Ajit Pai".
- His victory quote against Adam Levine also references the Maroon 5 song "Animals".
- His victory quote against Johnny Bravo references the online dating app Tinder.
- His victory quote against Mr. Krabs references the infamous massive copyright infringement lawsuit from the conglomerate Viacom, who owns SpongeBob SquarePants.
- His quotes against Mariya Takeuchi reference the popularity of her song "Plastic Love" on YouTube.
- His vs. quote against Papyrus references the video "Ajit Pai Reads Mean Tweets".
- His vs. quote against Jack Bros. is a reference to the Phantom Thieves of Hearts from Persona 5.
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico, as stated in his quote, are references to the downside features on the website Niconico.
- His victory quote against Donkey Kong references a feature in the My Verizon account where a person can switch devices with another line in the account, this will ensure each person will keep their phone number and plan, but will have the swapped device.
- His victory quote against The Jazz Cats references his first loss in the first King for a Day Tournament against Thanos.
- His quotes against Eminem are a reference to his song "Without Me".