|Events||Tax Day 2018 • Tax Day 2019|
|Albums||Video Game Music to Do Your Taxes To|
|Main series||Yoshi's Island • Story • Touch & Go • Island DS • New Island • Woolly World • Crafted World|
Super Smash Bros.: 64 • Melee • Brawl • for Wii U & 3DS (3DS • for Wii U) • Ultimate
Mario Kart: Super • 64 • Super Circuit • Double Dash!! • DS • Wii • 7 • 8 (Deluxe)
|Fake games||Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud • Kirby Does His Taxes|
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, commonly known as Yoshi's Island, is a video game developed and published by Nintendo on Super Nintendo/Super Famicom in 1995. The game also received an enhanced port, titled Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, on Game Boy Advance in 2002.
Rips of this game are simply titled as "Yoshi's Island" instead of the game's full title. This is done to match GilvaSunner.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (often shortened Yoshi's Island) is the sequel to the SNES game Super Mario World. It distances itself from the previous games in the series by putting the supporting character Yoshi (introduced in the first SMW) as the protagonist and expending his gameplay. The game is regarded as one of the finest 2D platformer experience, but was also considered a huge departure from the core Mario games. As such, it became the starting point of the Yoshi franchise, getting its first sequel on N64 called Yoshi's Story, while at the same time Super Mario 64 would put the series back on its more traditional roots.
The game is considered a prequel of sort to the whole Mario franchise. Kamek the Magikoopa foretold the arrival of two brothers that would eventually be a nuisance to his master. He them intercepted the stork carrying the twins, kidnapping Baby Luigi while Baby Mario fell to his doom. He was fortunately saved by a green Yoshi passing by. He joined its brethren of the Yoshi Clan, and they unanimously decided to save the kidnapped brother with a giant relay across the island.
The music of the game features a great emphasis on steel drums, flutes and trumpets. As this game became the staple of Yoshi games to come, its soundtrack is often rearranged and reused in later games, including those of the Mario series.
- Story Music Box
- Underground Theme
- Baby Bowser
- Flower Garden
- Castle & Fortress
- Map Theme (Part 1)
- Athletic Theme
- Yoshi Island
- Game Start
- Bonus Game
- Kamek's Theme
- Big Boss
- Map Theme
- Room Before Boss
- Overworld Theme
- Goal & Score
- Player Down
- Map Theme (Part 2)
- Training Course
- Powerful Infant
References in other rips
- Map Theme: Colorful Cookie - beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS
- Baby Bowser: Gang-Plank Galleon (Beta Mix) - Donkey Kong Country, Boss - Plok
- Athletic Theme: Athletic Theme - New Super Mario Bros.
- Flower Garden: SEVEN_BGM - Table Game Spirits, Shangri Lake - Ultimate Angler / StreetPass Fishing
- Using Instruments / Soundfont: Super NES Classic Edition Startup - Console BIOS/Startup Fanfare; see also the category: Console/BIOS Music.
All items (38)
- Flower Garden (Alternate Mix) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden (Beta Mix) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden (Gamma Mix) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden (NTSC Version) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden (OST Version) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden (Remastered Version) - Yoshi's Island
- Flower Garden - Yoshi's Island