DJ Professor K is one of the main characters from the Jet Set Radio series. In his games, he is the DJ of the pirate radio station Jet Set Radio, which plays non-stop hardcore jams. He also gives updates on the turf wars between the Rudies of Tokyo-To, mainly the GG’s.
For winning the King for Another Day Tournament, a dedicated channel takeover was organized for him and was held between June 29, 2020, and July 7, 2020. The takeover was primarily in the form of a livestream which featured more than 230 rips and is the channel's longest video to date.
Revealed as the 15th fighter of the tournament, he was one of the 16 characters to participate in the original tournament. His rips could take from any of Hideki Naganuma's works, including, but not limited to, Jet Set Radio, Ollie King, Sonic Rush, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Dead Heat Riders, and Hover: Revolt of Gamers.
His presence in the tournament would be short lived, however, as his first match against Etika ended in defeat at 35.9%. Of course, this wouldn't stop him from having more sample rips, including a notable spot in the "Fighting Reject Team".
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||DJ Professor K's quote|
|"Better watch out GGs: this mean ol' monarch is on the streets, and he's packin heat!"|
|"Ain't no room in Tokyo-to's music lineup for an accordion!"|
|"You lookin' to join the GGs, boy?"|
|"This is more neighborhood trouble than you can handle!"|
|"This is lookin' like somethin' from the Noise Tanks!"|
|"Once this matchup comes to a close, you'll be humming MY basslines!"|
|"This salaryman-lookin' fool oughta look out!"|
|"Make some room on the Switch, 'cuz Jet Set Radio is BACK."|
|"Hope they got beats as funky as mine on your homeplanet!"|
|"I ain't got no time for nuisances like you."|
|"You're gonna need a lot more than sick dance moves to top Tokyo-to's finest!"|
|"The battle of the DJs! Who will reign supreme?! Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen!"|
|"Get outta that box and face the music, Sneak-man!"|
|"I'm diggin' your old-timey vibe, little man. Show me what you got!"|
|"Damn! It's Poison Jam!"|
- "He’s back, and he’s on the Up-Set Attack! The Professor has re-entered the building, and this time he’s brought his whole crew along for the ride! The Noise Tanks of this competition better watch out, because DJ Professor K is ready to enact his revenge with power grooves that will rock your soul!"
- —DJ Professor K's description on the MOJO!!
The professor returns as one of the thirteen veterans for the King For Another Day Tournament. Sporting his look from Jet Set Radio Future, his rip list has been expanded to include almost all the SEGA franchises. The only exceptions are the Sonic and Puyo Puyo franchises, which are already represented by the newcomer Dr. Robotnik, though Sonic Rush is exempted due to Naganuma's involvement on the soundtrack.
Examples include songs from the Jet Set Radio, Super Monkey Ball, and Sega Rally series, songs such as "Get It 2 Win It", "LUV CAN SAVE U", and "AIN’T NOTHING LIKE A FUNKY BEAT," songs from Daytona USA, Space Channel 5, NiGHTS into Dreams, and Phantasy Star Online, and songs from the original Bayonetta and the Yakuza series and its spin-offs.
Compared to King for a Day, DJ Professor K did exceptionally better, scoring wins against MissingNo, Nintendo Power, Dr. Piccolo, and Daft Punk ft. Pharrell, able to make it to the Final 4 to battle Law & Disorder in the Winner's Bracket Finals. After defeating them, he moved on to the Finals to face Mariya Takeuchi, but not before facing the Crown and Unrestrained Hypercam 2. He later won against Mariya Takeuchi, making him the winner of the tournament. His takeover would later begin on June 29, 2020.
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|Against||DJ Professor K's quote|
|"No laws can keep Jet Set Radio off the airwaves!"|
|"A visitor from the far beyond came all the way here just to hear my far out tunes!"|
|"Yo yo yo, squiddo! Sit back and know... THE FUTURE IS... JET SET RADIO!!!"|
|"Huh. I thought you'd be fat."|
|"Let's have a battle as supersonic as the cypher, my sweet soul brother!"|
|"Ol' times are gone fast! What say we leave the past behind and look to the future... with Jet Set Radio on Switch, perhaps?"|
|"Looks like my beats aren't the only things outta this world!"|
|"You won't be able to weave past the air waves of Jet Set Radio!"|
|"The only imbalance in this world lies in party poopers like you tryin' to ruin our fun!"|
|"Your thirst for money and power reminds me of a certain chairman... which means this won't end well for you, either!"|
|"Listen penguin man, your body's full of blubber! I'm not vibing with your music, it falls flat just like rubber!"|
|"You can't hide from my sexy voice and out-of-sight-sounds, Sneakman!"|
|"Looks like the Noise Tanks are really steppin' up their game!"|
|"I think it's time we kick it old school."|
|"Hopin' your beats are as fresh as your looks, big guy!"|
|"I think you've had enough of that same song."|
|"Everyone's sampling your music these days...I'll let my turntables take ya for a spin!"|
|"The kind of sampling you're doing is not any kind I've ever heard of."|
|"Yo, you bots still have the DJ vibe after all those years? Let's see who's better at rollin' and scratchin'!"|
|"I can hear those bones rattlin', boy. Don't fall apart on me now!"|
|"Have a seat, boys. For today's funky lesson, I'LL be your teacher."|
|"The only prescription I need is a daily dose of JET SET RADIOOO!"|
|"I'd say I'm feelin' like a bulldozer trying to catch a butterfly!"|
|"Extra sugar, extra salt, extra oil, and the MSG! Beat it! Beat it up!"|
|"No one's better at keepin' the funky rhythms flowing than Professor K, baby!"|
|"Looks like the DJ zone got a little Red."|
|"Alright, then! Let's see if your Jungle Beats can keep up with my Funky Beats!"|
|"Wha...? I don't understand what's goin' on here..."|
|"Yo, yo, yo, y'all really are vibing with all that funk!"|
|"I'm not here to pass out prescriptions, I'm here to school the undereducated, fool!"|
|"Likewise, Mr. Wright. Bring your funkiest objections!"|
|Grand Finals (Mariya Takeuchi)||
"You've come a long way, Mariya, but now it's time to decide the future. I'm fighting for all the rudies back in Tokyo-to, to encourage the young, groovy spirits inside us to break free! Don't hold back on me now!"
|Against||DJ Professor K's quote|
|"This is DJ Professor K, baby, bringing you another Tokyo underground pirate radio broadcast from Jet Set Radio!"|
|"Hope you enjoyed the show! You're welcome to visit Tokyo-to any time, puppet man."|
|"Apologies, fish fam, but the sound of Inkopolis ain't no match for the rhythms of Tokyo-to!"|
|"You may have had the King of Pop on your side, but I am the King of Funk!"|
|"You put up a jammin' fight! Hey, maybe we can cook something up again after it's all over..."|
|"Hey, didn't ya get the memo? You know well that SEGA does what NINTENDON'T!"|
|"Nice jigs, dudes, but I got the better moves!"|
|"Looks like Jet Set Radio will be expanding to Gensokyo!"|
|"Hey, you got dust on my records! Time to blow you away!"|
|"You spineless money-hungry fools make me sick to my stomach!"|
|"Hey, don't fall down now, ya hear? You wouldn't wanna cause an earthquake! Hahaha!"|
|"Caught ya, sucka! Consider yourself tagged!"|
|"Got nothin' to say? You froze up like a deer in the headlights out there! Hahaha!"|
|"I think it's about time you branch out, Mr. Levine. Shit's gettin' old."|
|"That pompadour of yours is a bore, almost as bad as your music. What a snore!"|
|"Sorry my crustace-man, we don't take requests!"|
|"You think your husband would be alright with me samplin' his records next?"|
|"You've got no rhythm! Just a bunch of flashy colors and stuttering noise!"|
|"Hey, y'all ain't too bad! Mind if I could get some tracks for Jet Set Radio?"|
|"Boy, now you're just a pile of bones. I'll use your ribs as a xylophone!"|
|"Eh, guess you get an A for effort. Class dismissed!"|
|"Sounds like this beat is too sick for you to cure!"|
|"Fly like a mothman, sting like a hee-ho! These wack ass beats ain't no match for JET SET RADI-HOOOOOO!!!"|
|"Too bad! No Bon Appetit for you!"|
|"Ooooh, looks like you couldn't keep up with the funky beats! Try again!"|
|"I have to say, you make really mad remixes dawg, but nothing can beat this ol' DJ!"|
|"Sorry Mr. Kong, your jungle roots are gettin' this rollerblade boot!"|
|"Nice try, Rokkaku. Your schemes are no match for JET SET RADIOOOOOO!!!"|
|"C'mon now, it ain't that hard to carry a beat! Don't y'all go to school for this?"|
|"Shady, consider yourself wasted!"|
|"The only evidence I need to prove I'm better than you two is my FUNKY FRESH BEATS!"|
|Winner's Finals (Law and Disorder)||"Sorry, bear. I'm a man of my word. You'd best remember that."|
|Grand Finals (Mariya Takeuchi)||"I might've been a first round clown in the last tournament... But this proves that you should never lose hope, as long as you feel the power in your soul and put your all into making those funky fresh beats! You put in quite the hustle yourself, Mariya. But now, ladies and gentlemen. It's finally time... for JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"|
King for a Day
King for Another Day
- DJ Professor K, Weird Al, Solid Snake and Metal Ajit Pai are the only characters that had victories in the second tournament but none in the first one.
- DJ Professor K is the only fighter in both tournaments to win against all of the other final four fighters, having defeated MissingNo. in Round 1, Law and Disorder in the semifinals, and Mariya Takeuchi in the finals.
- The shadow in DJ Professor K's King for Another Day portrait and in his takeover resembles the Jet Set Radio logo.
- Additionally, there is a crown on his back in his takeover art referencing that he is the winner of the second tournament, similar to Unregistered HyperCam 2's shadow in the said tournament.
- DJ Professor K is the only veteran to make it to the final four, and the only veteran with victories against more than one newcomer.
- As opposed to Off the Hook ft. Paruko, who suffered the worst possible upset of the King for Another Day tournament, DJ Professor K experienced the best possible comeback of all the veterans, going from Round 1 in the original King for a Day to outright winning the King for Another Day tournament altogether.
- In the match videos, DJ Professor K's vs. and victory quotes against Nintendo Power were swapped.
- Online Jet Set Radio station jetsetradio.live has dedicated a sub-station (SiIvaGunner × JSR) to DJ Professor K's rips. Additionally, bumpers from "Bumper Reel - Jet Set Radio Evolution" have been used on the site.
King for a Day
- His victory quote against Will Smith references the Jet Set Radio song "Let Mom Sleep".
- His vs. quote against Unregistered HyperCam 2 references the Noise Tanks from the Jet Set Radio series.
- His vs. quote against Pitbull references the Jet Set Radio song "Humming the Bassline".
- His victory quote against Reggie Fils-Aimé references the Jet Set Radio Future song "Teknopathetic".
- His victory quote against Thanos references the Jet Set Radio song "Grace & Glory".
- His vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Glenna references the Jet Set Radio Future song "Funky Dealer".
- His vs. quote against Solid Snake references the Jet Set Radio song "Sneakman".
- His vs. quote against Wario Bros. references Poison Jam from the Jet Set Radio series.
- His victory quote against Wario Bros. references DJ Professor K's sixth broadcast in Jet Set Radio.
King for Another Day
- His vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references DJ Professor K's first broadcast in Jet Set Radio Future.
- His vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references the Jet Set Radio Future song "What About the Future?".
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "Fat".
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references "King of Pop", the title given to Michael Jackson.
- His vs. quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references the First-Round Losers' Cypher rip from the previous King for a Day Tournament and the Jet Set Radio song "Sweet Soul Brother".
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references the fan wishes of the Jet Set Radio series being released for the Nintendo Switch console.
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power is a reference to the old SEGA Genesis tagline, "Genesis does what Nintendon’t".
- His vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP alludes to the Jet Set Radio character Goji Rokkaku.
- His vs. quote against Solid Snake references the Jet Set Radio song "Sneakman" and a line from DJ Professor K's first broadcast in Jet Set Radio.
- His vs. quote against Quote references the Noise Tanks from the Jet Set Radio series.
- His quotes against Mr. Krabs references a scene from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Krab Borg", in which Mr. Krabs called the radio station to ask if they could play the song again.
- His vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the Daft Punk song "Rollin' & Scratchin'".
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the Daily Dose meme.
- His vs. quote against Jack Bros. references the Jet Set Radio Future song "Fly Like a Butterfly".
- His quotes against HOBaRT references the Jet Set Radio Future song "Birthday Cake".
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico references the song "RED ZONE" from beatmania IIDX, a popular Nico Nico Douga source.
- His vs. quote against Donkey Kong references the game Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
- His vs. quote against MissingNo. references the sample used in the song "Sneakman" from Jet Set Radio word-for-word.
- His vs. quote against Law & Disorder references the iteachvader YTPMV "Objection Funk".
- His victory quote against Law & Disorder references the Lethal League Blaze song "AIN'T NOTHIN' LIKE A FUNKY BEAT".
- His victory quote on "THE TOURNAMENT CHAMPION IS..." references his first round loss in the first round of King for a Day against Etika.
- Additionally, his quote refers to multiple songs composed by Hideki Naganuma such as "FEEL the POWER in YOUR SOUL" or "AIN'T NOTHIN' LIKE A FUNKY BEAT".
Wood Man • The Voice Inside Your Head• Gadgetini Clone 2.0 • President Haltmann • Chad Warden • The SiIva A.I. • Nostalgia Critic • Todd Howard • John Notwoodman • Unregistered HyperCam 2 • The Grinch • DJ Professor K • Phineas and Ferb • Dr. Doofenshmirtz • Vladimir Putin • Gabe Newell
Grand Dad • Smol Nozomi • Loud Nigra • Robbie Rotten • Mr Rental • Inspector Gadget • Felix the Cat • Sens • Tito Dick • Haruka Amami • Donkey Kong • Green de la Bean • HH • Monika
Rapper's Union (Snoop Dogg • Soulja Boy • Chip tha Ripper • Charles Barkley) • Bob Dylan • Angry Joe • Nathaniel Welchert • JustinRPG • Kazoo Master • Nutshackwoodman34
The SilvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis
Meta Knight • Santa Claus • Parappa • Patrol-Bot • Spheric (Smolitzer) • Stringbot • Waluigi • Minor characters
|General||Characters: DJ Professor K|
|Events||DJ Professor K Takeover|
|Albums||DJ Professor K Presents: 24/7 FUNKY FRESH BEATS FROM TOKYO-TO|
|Frequently ripped tracks||Everybody Jump Around • Humming the Bassline|
|Main series||Multiple songs: Jet Set Radio • Jet Set Radio Future • Ollie King • Sonic Rush • Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou • Super Monkey Ball 3D • Dead Heat Riders • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
One song: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (HD) • Beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro • Yakuza 5 • War of Brains • Hover: Revolt Of Gamers • Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night • Lethal League Blaze
|SiIvaGunner||DJ Professor K’s Tokyo-to Tunes to Skate/Tag to|
|King for a Day||DJ Professor K - Music Samples
DJ Professor K Demo Playlist
|Crossovers||Sega Superstars Tennis • Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing (DS • Transformed) • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania|
|Fake games||Jet Set Radio Evolution|
|General||Characters: DJ Professor K|
|Frequently ripped tracks||Baka Mitai|
|Main series||Yakuza (Kiwami) • 2 (Kiwami 2) • 4 • 5 • 0 • 7: Like a Dragon (JP)|
|Spin-offs||Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou • Dead Souls • Hokuto ga Gotoku|
|Crossovers||Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania|