|This article is too smol.|
Donkey Kong is a brown gorilla with a red necktie with his initials on it, serving as the protagonist of the game series of the same name and a recurring character in Mario spinoff games.
He originated as a barrel throwing enemy in the arcade game Donkey Kong and later became a hero in the first Donkey Kong Country, and ever since then this ape has made numerous appearances in his main games and Mario spinoff games, as well as a variety of spinoffs of his own, gaining numerous Kong friends and various enemies.
In Donkey Kong 64, he's the character you start as and he must rescue the other four on his quest to retrieve the Golden Bananas. Each character gets a ranged weapon, and DK's is of course the Coconut Gun.
Christmas Comeback Crisis Edit
Donkey Kong was one of the Figments materialized into the real world by the Voice Inside Your Head in "Prologue", before being immediately taken by the Patrol-Bots. As of "Loves the Ladies", he is still in captivity.
King for Another Day Tournament Edit
- "Here he comes, banana slamma! Straight from the hit CGI television series, Donkey Kong swings into action. He’s bigger, faster, and stronger than ever, and ready to prove himself ready to rule the isle of Kongo Bongo. With a sourcelist featuring all the awesome music from his TV show and more, he’s sure to take advantage of this rare opportunity!"
- —Donkey Kong's description on the MOJO!!
Donkey Kong was revealed in the SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019. It is worth noting that the Donkey Kong that appears in the tournament is the cartoon version of Donkey Kong, and not the same Donkey Kong seen in the CCC.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Donkey Kong is the fourth character in the King for a Day series to be a playable fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series. It is followed with Wario, King Dedede and Solid Snake.
- He is also the only newcomer in the King for Another Day Tournament to be playable in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Additionally, Donkey Kong is the only King for a Day competitor who is playable in every official installment of the Super Smash Bros. series, with the other three not joining the roster until Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Donkey Kong is the only newcomer in the King for Another Day Tournament chosen by popularity to make it past Round 1.
- Donkey Kong's shadow in his King for Another Day portrait resemble a bunch of bananas.
- His vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon episode "The Big Switch-A-Roo" where Donkey Kong transferred his brain with a robot.
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the Donkey Kong Country song "Holograms".
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references Michael Jackson's song "Bad", as well as the Donkey Kong Country cartoon song "Be Bad".
- His vs. against Pitbull and the Aliens references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon episode "Watch the Skies", where Funky share information about the "interplanetary visitor dudes" to Donkey Kong.
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon episode "The Big Chill Out", where Donkey Kong and Diddy runs a business after accidentally making a delicious cold drink, "Coconut Chill", during a hot spell on the island.
- His vs. quote against Men in Black references the video "Imagine having sleep paralysis and seeing this at the foot of bed" which is the earliest one known for its use of the green screen video featuring Howard the Alien and the song "Money Longer" by Lil Uzi Vert which became a meme.
- His vs. quotes against ZUN and Solid Snake references the Coconut Gun from the infamous Donkey Kong 64 song "DK Rap".
- His victory quote against Thanos references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon song "I'm Nobody's Hero".
- His vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP includes Donkey Kong mistaking them as General Klump and Krusha.
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K references the game Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
- His quotes against Adam Levine reference the Donkey Kong Country cartoon song "I'm Gonna Be A Star".
- His vs. quotes against Mariya Takeuchi and Rhythm Masters references the rhythm game Donkey Konga.
- His victory quote against Dr. Robotnik references his "I'll have to give myself a promotion!" line from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, with the line altered to have the opposite meaning.
- His vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon song "Metal Head".
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger".
- His vs. quote against Jack Bros. references the Snowmads, who are a tribe of vikings and are the main antagonists in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
- His victory quote against Jack Bros. references Eddie the Mean Old Yeti from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, who speaks in the same manner as Mothman.
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico references the 音MAD video "Rumble me baby".
Classic: Donkey Kong • '94
Main series: Country (GBC) • Country 2 • Country 3 • 64 • Country Returns • Country: Tropical Freeze