Desmond Amofah, more commonly known as Etika, is a YouTuber known for creating live streams, reaction videos, let's plays, and other video game-related content. His reaction videos have since become a minor meme on the SiIvaGunner channel. His YouTube channel, followed by his social media accounts, were removed on October 26th, 2018 and then owns a new channel under the name EtikaFRFX.
On July 16th, 2012, Etika created a YouTube channel under the username "EWNetwork", short for "Etika World Network". He originally posted videos of him discussing video game-related news stories.
Etika gained notoriety in 2014 and 2015 after he posted several videos to his YouTube channel where he would react to announcement videos by Nintendo regarding the games Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
The most viewed video on Etika's channel was a video that was uploaded on October 23rd, 2014 titled "MEWTWO DLC REVEAL!!! Etika's First Time Reaction to it!!! "MY D**K" TURN DOWN VOLUME", which shows Etika's reaction to Nintendo announcing that Mewtwo will be a downloadable DLC character in the next installment of Super Smash Bros. Surprisingly, this video was shared on Twitter by Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series.
Since October 24th, 2018, Etika has removed all of his YouTube videos, leaving his channel with only this video (reupload). This event could be the cause of an ongoing ARG, as seen from Reddit. With this event, his Twitter account was blocked for a few hours before uploading this video and, later on, removed his Facebook account.
On October 26th, 2018, Etika had his YouTube channel taken down by uploading videos that violated YouTube's community guidelines regarding sexual content. According to close friends, he was apparently trying to commit suicide before his family stepped in.. Later, on the same day, his ex-girlfriend, Christine, reported on Twitter that he was placed in a Mental Hospital for recovering his issue, which later uploaded a video on YouTube confirming her answer after having an argument with Fiona on Twitter.
After this event, on October 31st, 2018, Etika has his Twitter account back from being blocked and decided to announce his new channel a few days later on live in Twitch. Now his new channel is called EtikaFRFX, with the last letters being an acronym of "For Real Facts (FaXs)".
- See also: Category:Rips featuring Etika
Some of Etika's reaction videos have been used in rips on the SiIvaGunner channel. The first rip to do this was "Battle! (Mewtwo) - Pokémon X & Y" by PinkieOats, which used footage from Etika's Mewtwo reaction video.
King for A Day TournamentsEdit
Etika is one of the 16 veterans appearing in both tournaments.
Revealed as the last fighter on July 27, 2018 (as a bait-and-switch for popular pick Monika), Etika appeared in the King for a Day Tournament with the other 15 contestants. His rips would involve himself and his reactions, edited or otherwise, original Smash Bros. songs, and other related rips such as "We Dem Boyz," the Brooklyn Nets theme, or rips featuring his mains in Super Smash Bros..
On July 29, Etika went up against DJ Professor K in his first match, and the second match of the whole tournament. The next day, it was announced that Etika won by 64%, kicking the Professor out of the tournament. He would later battle King Dedede in the 2nd round on August 2, which he lost at 44%.
Etika has been confirmed to return for the King for Another Day Tournament on March 3, 2019. This time, he has joined with Reggie to become a team contestant known as the Joy-Con Men. The team's rips revolve around Reggie's initial lineup with some added rips, featuring music from the Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and The Legend of Zelda franchises.
- "Shit bro, your eyes are freakin' me out for some reason." (King Dedede)
- "Ya hair's wack, bro. Get that shit looked at." ("Weird Al" Yankovic)
- "What's with the funky hair, nigga?" (DJ Professor K)
- "I'm diggin' that look, nigga." (Will Smith)
- "FUCK! Fuck, turn off the camera!" (Unregistered Hypercam 2)
- "Imma let you see that you ain't got no grounds here, baldie." (Pitbull)
- "Put that bottle down, nigga, and fight me like a man!" (ZUN)
- "Reggie, my boy! Will you make babies with me?" (Reggie)
- "Who the hell commissions your dance videos, bro? How the FUCK do you even GET commission where you from?" (Dancing Alien Team)
- "I ain't lettin' y'all niggas at the FCC fuck with my streams." (Ajit Pai)
- "When's Mahvel?" (Thanos)
- "Oh shit, is that Marina? I'm gonna need a bigger nut button for this!" (Off the Hook ft. Glenna)
- "SNAKE?! OH... MY... FUCKING... GOD!" (Solid Snake)
- "EVERYONE! Well, except you, my nigga." (Geno)
- "I'm 'boutta do you dirty, Waluigi. Dirtier than Nintendo ever could!" (Wario Bros.)
- "Sorry man, there's just something about you that's disturbing as fuck. You gotta go." (King Dedede)
- "Get that damn raccoon off yo' head, nigga. You look stupid as hell!" ("Weird Al" Yankovic)
- "Gimme some of that hairspray while you're at it." (DJ Professor K)
- "On the bright side, you gon' be scorin' some real waifus in the future, believe me. Just not today, my nigga." (Will Smith)
- "You old as fuck nigga, get outta here." (Unregistered Hypercam 2)
- "You ain't got the hair, you ain't got the fame. Iceman Etika nigga, remember the name." (Pitbull)
- "I ain't gettin' drunk on stream no more if it means ending up like your bitch ass." (ZUN)
- "No hard feelings Reggie, but I gotta do it for my boys!" (Reggie)
- "There's no memes, there's no trolling, no triggering, no nothin' round here! The internet's fuckin' with me right now!" (Dancing Alien Team)
- "I'm not Trump, I don't go off on punk niggas with a tweet, I do it directly. Remember that, bitch." (Ajit Pai)
- "Infinity Gauntlet my ASS! Fuck outta here with that nonsense." (Thanos)
- "You? Fresh? Fuck that, I'm fresh off the muhfuckin' block! ...Alright, that's enough of that, you get the idea." (Off the Hook ft. Glenna)
- "EVERYONE!!!" (Solid Snake)
- "I think I could recycle this nigga's parts to repair my shelves." (Geno)
- "No bitch niggas, no snitch niggas, no rich niggas." (Wario Bros.)
- @Etika - Twitter
- EWNetwork - The YouTube Wiki
- Etika World Network Wiki
- Etika - GameFAQs Super Smash Bros. Board Wiki