- For SiIvaGunner's original YouTube channel, see GiIvaSunner.
GilvaSunner (with a lowercase "L"), previously known as TimmyTurnersDad, is the channel SiIvaGunner parodies. His channel contains a selection of mostly Nintendo video game music.
History[edit | edit source]
After the original SilvaGunner (with a lowercase "L") was taken down due to copyright (and subsequently retired from uploading video game music), two channels who also uploaded music, TimmyTurnersDad and BrawlBRSTMs, started up a collaborative tribute to the SilvaGunner channel called GilvaSunner on October 2, 2010.
At some point in early 2011, BrawlBRSTMs left the channel, leaving just TimmyTurnersDad to run it. When the TimmyTurnersDad account was suspended on February 7th, 2011, GilvaSunner became his primary channel. He would then use a picture of Timmy Turner's dad as his avatar until late January 2016, when he changed it to his current picture. He began using the lighthouse as his channel banner in 2013.
Prior to the creation of GiIvaSunner (with an uppercase "i") he had not uploaded since 2014. By that point, he had uploaded 6,313 videos to his channel and covered around 120 different soundtracks. He would return on March 21, 2016, to celebrate his channel reaching 150k subscribers. After this point, he returned to uploading again every so often. In June 2016, uploaded the Kirby Planet Robobot soundtrack, but had to remove it due to copyright. On February 25, 2018, he did his last batch of uploads for a while.
On August 13-14, 2019, a large portion of GilvaSunner's catalog of music was copyright-claimed on YouTube. His channel was not copyright-striked and some OSTs are still available on his channel.Between December 20, 2019 and January 3, 2020, he changed his channel description, removing the sentence about uploading new videos. Despite this, he returned on September 24, 2020, updating his Super Mario Sunshine playlist (due to the game being rereleased alongside an official soundtrack in Super Mario 3D All-Stars).
On December 8, 2020, he posted another update showing Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS were blocked.
Abnormal uploads[edit | edit source]
Remixes (100k, 150k, kirbtunes)[edit | edit source]
After he stopped uploading game music in 2014, GilvaSunner would begin postings playlists of remixes, the majority of which come from SBFR, which is (as GilvaSunner describes it) a Japanese remixing community. Originally intended as 100k and 150k subscriber specials focusing on Nintendo songs, these would later be uploaded randomly as "kirbtunes" and only feature Kirby songs. For non-English titles, they are sometimes translated.
Instead of a logo, these feature artwork from SBFR as their background image. The video descriptions deviate from the standard as well, listing "Artist:", "Original:", and "Artwork:" which state the creator of the remix, the song it's based on (as well as the game of origin), and the creator of he background image, respectively.
As far as the remixes themselves, there's nothing too notable aside from "нет головоломки?", a remix of "Puzzle Room" that GilvaSunner titled with a reference to the SiIvaGunner meme. SiIvaGunner would also upload an original Kirby remix, "Light", in the style of these remix uploads.
Specials / Random Stuff[edit | edit source]
Prior to the subscriber specials/kirbtunes uploads, GilvaSunner used a different playlist for non-OST uploads called Specials / Random Stuff. Most of these arrangements are live performances or bonus tracks on official albums of the relevant franchise, with 3 exceptions, 2 of them being joke videos, plus "35 Legends" which is a remix from SBFR.
- Snowmobile Accident
- K.K. Soul ~ Chill Mix
- K.K. House ~ Club Version
- 35 Legends
- Final Destination ~ Super Smash Bros. Universe (April Fools)
- Happy 20th Anniversary, Kirby! ~ Stage Medley
- Orchestral Medley ~ New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Okami ~ Orchestral Medley
- Nintendo Ending Medley
Snowmobile Accident[edit | edit source]
On December 26, 2011, GilvaSunner did something uncharacteristically SiIvaGunner-esque; he uploaded the video "Snowmobile Accident", consisting of video footage of a snowmobile rider going crashing and tumbling down a snow-covered mountain... while the Super Mario Galaxy 2 version of "Slider" plays in the background.
This video has been parodied multiple times on the SiIvaGunner channel: a video also titled "Snowmobile Accident", the two rips of "Slider - Super Mario Galaxy 2", the video "Jetski Accident". It has also been referenced in a few videos like "SiIvaGunner YouTube Trailer", "The SiIvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special Part III: Episode 3", "Reveal Trailer Theme - Overwatch 2", and "Consistency | SiIva Swim.
April Fool's Day[edit | edit source]
GilvaSunner has celebrated April Fools' Day at least four times. All of these uploads were later unlisted.
- In 2011, he uploaded "Zelda: Skyward Sword Music - Leaked Main Theme", which was actually an 8-bit cover of Rebecca Black's "Friday".
- In 2012, he uploaded "Final Destination ~ Super Smash Bros. Universe", which was actually a remix by SBFR for their album We Bros. X. He later added "(April Fools)" to the title.
- In 2016, he uploaded "Final Destination - Super Smash Bros. Brawl", which was actually a high quality rip made by Xarlable.
- In 2017, he uploaded random (but unedited) video game music tracks every hour (essentially, he used SiIvaGunner's Season 1 upload schedule).
References[edit | edit source]
- GilvaSunner's channel on November 18, 2010.
- GilvaSunner's channel on April 1, 2011. Note that BrawlBRSTMs is now just a friend instead of a collaborator.
- GilvaSunner on YouTube Wiki.
- GilvaSunner's channel on February 3, 2016. Previous snapshot has Timmy's dad.
- GilvaSunner's tweet explaining why he took down the Robobot soundtrack.
- @GilvaSunner. Tweet.