"Haunted House" (also known as "Castle Boss" or "Cache Boss") is an 8-bit song composed by 8-Bit Beast. It is a minor meme on the SiIvaGunner channel.
"Haunted House" was originally created in Famitracker by 8-Bit Beast, who posted it to ChipMusic.org on June 13, 2013. The song is notable for its inconsistent / non-existent melody, bare instrumentation, and disorganized sound. Prior to its use on SiIvaGunner, it was a small in-joke with some members of the chiptune community.
- See also: Category:Rips featuring Haunted House
This meme is used in melody change rips. It first appeared in the September 16, 2016 rip "Vampire Killer - Castlevania". After that, it appeared 19 times during the remaining two weeks of Season 1, almost all of which had a relevant word like "Castle", "Haunt", or "Beast" in the title. It was later used as a major meme during The SilvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special. During this event, a fake game dedicated to the meme, 8-Bit Beast's Haunted House, was introduced. This fake game also shows a literal 8-bit beast, to represent 8-Bit Beast.
- Since its appearance on SiIvaGunner was the first time the fanbase had heard it, it was initially referred to as "the mystery meme". Eventually, the video "8-bit Shifter - Ｃａｃｈｅ Ｂｏｓｓ" was discovered, uploaded to the channel MattHubris on September 19, 2016. It is a bonus track from the Bandcamp album Chiptunes=WIN: Volume 5 which starts off as a bright and upbeat remix of "Haunted House", but abruptly switches to a MIDI version that faithfully reproduces the cacophonous composition. With the increased attention that the video got, MattHubris uploaded another video a few days later, featuring the original "Haunted House", making the true source known.
- Haunted House on ChipMusic.org
- 8-Bit Shifter - Ｃａｃｈｅ Ｂｏｓｓ
- Chiptunes=Win vol. 5
- Reddit post about the song
- Playlist by KyrionRed (outdated)