This article contains NSFW links and/or content! (suggestive / sexual content)
"Jazz Cats: The Beginning - SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament" is a high quality rip of "Jazz Cats: The Beginning" from SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament.
[Like all of the reveal trailers, it begins with the "What's This!?" jingle and animation. This leads into an original animation. The story begins with a mother cat dropping her son off at college.]
Mom: I love you, honey. Have a good time at university!
Son: For the eighth time, Mom, it's called "Barkley's College of SLAM"!
[The "SLAM!" clip from "Freddy Ruins Sam's Life" by KroboProductions pops up on the word "SLAM!".]
Mom: Well I hope you have a good little SLAM! [the same clip pops up again] my cute little kitten.
Son: Mom, I'm not a kitten anymore. I'm 18 now. And if I wanted to, I could star in a porno.
[The son arrives in his dorm room.]
Son: Wow, I'm finally here. I'll show everyone in my grade how much they suck at jazz! I practiced so hard in high school, I'm ready to blow them away with how many Charlie Parker licks I directly lifted from the Omnibook.
[A douchey-looking shiba inu bursts in.]
Shiba: Hey! You must be my roommate. Nice to meet you, I'm Doge Mayer.
[Doge gets his own name/character art screen.]
Doge: I can't wait to go to this school until I graduate and not drop out for any reason.
Son: The name's Shade's DuPris, and I play jazz saxophone. I'm 18 years old and better than you.
Doge: Alright, dude, take it easy.
Shades: I can't take it easy. I need to be ready for the freshman jazz jam session at the David Funnie Recital Hall later tonight.
Doge: Nice. I'm going to the singer-songwriter one in the Steve Henk room. Catch you later!
[The screen suddenly switches to an animated 3D model of Simon Fransman.]
Simon Fransman: Hello. I'm Simon Fransman, creator of such immortal yes meme classics such as Mr. Funny Bom Bom Man and Katy Perry sings a very difficult song. [Screenshots of said videos appear.] I was called here today to explain that the word [voice switches to a text-to-speech voice] Doge Mayer [voice switches back] said was in fact a very vulgar word, and "Henk" was used to censor this mutt. The word [bleep] is a very terrible word. And you know why? Because [bleep] actually means "ass" in Swedish! It is a word that even the King doesn't even use. So I don't wanna hear any of you scoundrels use it. Thank you for your time, and now back to your regular scheduled programming.
[We return to the animation. We see the college's cafeteria, where Shades is standing in line.]
Student 1: Hey man, you wanna SLAM! sometime?
Student 2: EUGENE? EUGEEEENE?? GOD I'm gonna kill him.
Student 3: I voted for Bernie Sanders.
Student 4: Man, I can't wait to eat the Asian fusion cuisine this year.
Student 5: FUCK
Student 6: Hey, can you sub for my ensemble?
Student 7: Yo, have you checked out the new Collier?
Shades: Give me your nuggets!
[This command gets its own lovingly-rendered illustration.]
[Shades gets shoved out of the way by a striped cat in a tie.]
Shades: Hey, what the
heck hell, man? I was next in line!
Striped cat: Take your fucking lanyard off, freshman. You probably can't even play dirty chords like Snarky Puppy or Robert Glasper. Fucking high schooler bitch.
[The striped cat sits down to eat with his friends, as well as Naxx Guyfieri, previously seen in "SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019 (Beta Mix)".]
Striped cat: The fucking freshmen this year, man. They fucking suck. This one asshole was wearing a lanyard and a turtleneck in August!
Hoodie pup: Yeah, man, what the fuck? What do you think, Naxx?
Naxx: The freshman girls aren't even that hot.
[Everyone else at the table is taken aback.]
Hoodie pup: Anyways, are yinz looking forward to the freshman jam tonight?
Bird: Hell yeah, man. It's gonna be funnie as fuck.
Striped cat: I might play a tune or two. Just to show them how much they suck.
Naxx: Hahaha, yeah! And then we can get some freshman girls.
[Again, everyone else is taken aback.]
Hoodie pup: We can hit em with Blue Bossa or something, I know those dumbass freshmen will eat that shit up.
Striped cat: I might whip out the bass for a song, play Dean Town or something.
Bird: Yeah, some Vulfpeck would be scarlet hot. And definitely jazz, Vulfpeck is jazz.
The other three, in unison: Yeah, Vulfpeck is jazz.
Striped cat: Anyways, here's Autumn Leaves.
[Cut to a dumpster. Snoring and a mysterious yellow glow emanates from within... Fade to black.]
[Cut to the David Funnie Recital Hall, where a show is already in progress.]
Announcer: And that was Gay Bee Nutman and the Nut Shaqs with his forty minute rendition of The Flintstones Theme. Which is a jazz standard and in no way at all a meme. Next up, we have, uh... Shades DuPris! [mispronounced phonetically]
[We see Doge in his bed, furiously masturbating.]
Doge: Man, I'm sure glad I told Shades to go to the jam, so I could stay here and jerk off! Ah, got a bit of pre~! I'm excited to know when he'll find out about my masturbation addiction and turn that weakness into a story everyone knows here for [orgasming] generations and generations to COME!!
[Back to the recital hall. Shades is onstage and about to perform.]
Shades: Anyone for Countdown?
[The audience gasps and yells in shock.]
Audience member 1: Why would you call that? That shit's too hard! No one can vibe with that.
Audience member 2: Yeah! No one can hit those changes.
Striped cat: [from the audience] I can!
[The striped cat arrives onstage.]
Striped cat: You're that freshman from the nug line. Glad you took off your lanyard. The name's Tom Malone, but everyone calls me Milk Bowl.
[Milk Bowl gets his own name/character art screen.]
Shades: The name is Shades DuPris. I like bebop music because it's the best kind of music.
[Shades gets his own name/character art screen, with the caption "THIS IS THE SHADES DUPRIS FACE".]
[A grim-faced cat with the same yellow glow that emanated from the dumpster materializes by the piano.]
Glowing cat: [in an otherworldly voice] ｓｐｈｅｌｏｎｉｏｕｓ ｄｏｎｋ
[donk gets his own name/character art screen.]
Shades: Can you even play, old man?
Milk Bowl: Yeah, can you even keep up with us?
[We see an eerily-detailed shot of donk's stern face.]
donk: Ｉ ｋｎｏｗ ｈｏｗ ｙｏｕ ｐｅｒｉｓｈ．
[With a single swipe of his paw, donk plays a mesmerizing improvisation on the piano, as Shades and Milk Bowl stare in awe.]
Shades: Huh. Alright then, let's go!
Milk Bowl: Count it in, Donk!
Shades: Uhhhhhhhm, okay...
[Three mice join the cats onstage.]
Mouse: A-one! A-two! A-one two three four!
[As "Countdown" kicks in, we get a reveal of The Jazz Cats' name and artwork, followed by the King for Another Day reveal trailer outro.]
Reveal trailer credits:
Art Director: Keeby
Script: wolfman1405 and MagnumDongle
Original BGM: MonoGiraffe, Blue Fairy and wolfman1405
Artists (in order of appearance):
Alexander A. McDonald
Video Production: Omknee
Special Thanks: Hinchy, Simon Fransman
Coach as Shades DuPris
MagnumDongle as Tom "Milk Bowl" Malone
Omknee as sphelonious donk
Willie Weasel as Doge Mayer
ThePopStarDude as Naxx Guyfieri
Seagull and Excalibur as Milk Bowl's friends
New Guy as Shades's mom
Count Cannoli as announcer
Additional Voices: Ethan64Music, Anonite, Eevee, LKeys, DM DOKURO, Half Pixel, Pyromide, Chase, wolfman1405, and the SiIvaGunner Official Fan Server
Character Art: HugelDude
Please read the channel description.
This trailer is set to seven original jazz arrangements, all of which are included in SiIva Direct Presents.
- "Actually, It's Based Off Frank Sinatra's Version" by MonoGiraffe, an arrangement based off "Fly Me to the Moon" by Bart Howard, plays during the opening scene.
- "moonin" by Blue Fairy, an arrangement of "Moanin'" by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, plays when Shades arrives at his dorm room.
- "One Note Samba" by wolfman1405, an arrangement of the Antônio Carlos Jobim song of the same name, plays during Simon Fransman's appearance.
- "Vulfpeck is Jazz (Funky Duck)" by wolfman1405, an arrangement of "Funky Duck" by Vulfpeck, plays during the scene set at the college cafeteria.
- "Autumn Leaves (Before the B Section)" by wolfman1405, an arrangement of "Autumn Leaves" by Joseph Kosma, plays during the first recital hall scene.
- "In a Sentimental Rave" by wolfman1405, an arrangement of "In a Sentimental Mood" by Duke Ellington, plays during the second recital hall scene.
- "Countdown" by wolfman1405 and insaneintherain, an arrangement of the John Coltrane song of the same name that also features several allusions to SiIvaGunner memes, plays during the name/artwork reveal and outro.
- The video, which was originally unlisted, was unintentionally made private on February 7, 2020 and was thereafter made public, causing the publication date to change to the aforementioned date. It was re-unlisted in July 2020, but the publication date remains the same.
- The name "Barkley's College of SLAM!" is a reference to Berklee College of Music, a prestigious American college which is known for jazz education.
- Barkley's College of SLAM! was previously mentioned in the description of "voiceless - The SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis Original Soundtrack" back in 2017, though whether this is a coincidence or not is unknown.
- The line "I'm ready to blow them away with how many Charlie Parker licks I directly lifted from the Omnibook" references the Charlie Parker Omnibook, a collection of transcriptions of solos and compositions (including many "licks") used by the jazz saxophonist.
- The line "Vulfpeck is jazz" (said in unison by all three characters at the lunch table) is a reference to the musician Vulfpeck, whose work is often (and somewhat controversially) categorized as jazz music.
- The announcer references "Meet the Flintstones" being listed as a jazz standard on Wikipedia and by some performers.
- Doge Mayer's masturbation lotion is labelled "Red Rocket", a reference to a South Park episode where a dog is similarly stimulated (the act being referred to as "red rocket").
- The inclusion of "Countdown" by John Coltrane is a reference to "Giant Steps", a minor meme on the channel.
- The trailer's artwork features several references to the King for Another Day Tournament and its predecessor:
- Students in the cafeteria wear shirts featuring:
- A Hobart mixer lies next to the dumpster, while the dumpster itself has "KRABS IS NUMBER 11" and "SQUIDWARD SMELLS NICE >:]" scrawled onto it.
- This poster for the first tournament is next to Doge's bed.