King Dedede is the main villain of the Kirby series. He is most known in the SiIvaGunner community for his participation in the two King for a Day Tournaments. He was selected as a popular fan submission, being #1 overall in the ballot.
Revealed as the 13th fighter of the tourney, his rips would associate boss themes from the Kirby series, like Mt. Dedede or Hyness, Magolor, etc. He could also use material from the Kirby: Right Back At Ya! television series.
Dedede would have a noteworthy run during the tournament, facing both Weird Al and Etika in the 1st and 2nd rounds, respectively, and winning each match. It wasn't until his semifinal match against Unregistered HyperCam 2 that his reign would come to an end.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|"I ain't having no accordions in my court!"|
|"Where's that awful scratchin' noise coming from?!"|
|"The top of your head's pretty flat, but I reckon I could pound it even flatter."|
|"Ain't no way a prince is ever gonna compare to the king!"|
|"Now why is a dumb old camera in the competition?"|
|"Try wearin' a hat, it'll hide the bald spot."|
|"Can someone get this drunkard outta here?!"|
|"I'm gettin' real hungry, y'all got a box of food to spare?"|
|"What gives? These ain't the monsters I ordered from N.M.E.!"|
|"Only I am allowed to bear the royal red coat!"|
|"The only balanced thing 'round here is a balanced diet: food, food and more food!"|
|"Bet you three'd make a mighty fine seafood platter!"|
|"Gotta be careful not to eat any missiles..."|
|"Reckon the wood on that'd look good on my trusty ol' hammer?"|
|"You were bad enough in Subspace!"|
|"Guess there's only room for ONE fat guy 'round here!"|
|"Get your butt back on the streets where you belong!"|
|"Gee, I'm really in the mood for a sandwich for some reason."|
|"Oh look, a free extra throne. Bet that'll come in handy one of these days.|
|"Funny how cameras always make me look better."|
|"Mr. Worldwide" ain't got nothin' on this supahstar warrior!"|
|"Gluttony in my kingdom is one thing, but drinkin' is another!"|
|"You were straight stupid to fight me if you lost against Jigglypuff of all fighters."|
|"I hope that money back guarantee's still valid!"|
|"That'll be my coat back, ya blubberin' buisnessman!"|
|"That glove'll make a great treasure for the throne room!"|
|"Waddle Dees! Toss these washed up losers into the Orange Ocean, and make it snappy!"|
|"I coulda saved ya back in Subspace, y'know."|
|"Will ya look at that! I knocked 'em straight back into the stars!"|
|"Guess I won't be needin' these badges no more."|
- "After his loss in the last tournament, King Dedede has decided it’s time to reveal his secret weapons… his brand-new Dedede Hammer, and a cool mask to boot! He’s once again determined to win the right to truly call himself a king… and ready to eat his way through our entire tournament budget, too. Asshole."
- —King Dedede's description on the MOJO!!
King Dedede returns with a new design based on his Masked Dedede look from Kirby Super Star Ultra, and a complete change in source list that now involves any kind of music from the Kirby series, not just boss themes.
In Round 1, King Dedede was up against Off the Hook ft. Paruko and managed to take a victory. In Round 2, he faced Jack Bros, and was knocked to the Loser's Bracket. In Round 2 of the Loser's Bracket, he faced Papyrus, and his reign once again came to an end.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Some time during the reboot, King Dedede gained a sizeable amount of fans within the SiIvaGunner fanbase. This was acknowledged by The Voice in "The Deal - SilvaGunner: Rebooted", when he calls these fans a "vocal minority of penguins". Dedede was also the most highly requested character for the King for a Day Tournament, according to the credits mini-game.
- The two pentagons extruding off of the polygons around King Dedede's hammer in his King For Another Day portrait makes it so that they resemble the two-finger peace symbol on his hammer and coat.
King for a DayEdit
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "Fat".
- His quotes against Reggie reference his battle against Hungrybox at the Nintendo World Championship 2015.
- His victory quote against Solid Snake, as well as his quotes against the Wario Bros. reference The Subspace Emmisary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
King for Another DayEdit
- His victory quote against Metal Ajit Pai references Kirby's Robobot Armor from Kirby Planet Robobot.
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the latter's loss in the prior tournament.
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the Michael Jackson song "Bad" , the song Fat is a parody of.
- His victory quote against Men in Black references the line "Hey G, would you make me a sandwich?" from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- His victory quote against Thanos references the Squeak Squad.
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "This Love".
- His victory quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Moves like Jagger".
- His vs. quote against Johnny Bravo makes a nod to the resemblance between him and the NME Salesman from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
- His victory quote Johnny Bravo references the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! episode "Cartoon Buffoon" from.
- His victory quote against Mariya Takeuchi references her song "Crying All Night Long".
- His vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references the video "King Dedede and Dr. Robotnik scream for 5 minutes".
- His victory quote against Dr. Robotnik references President Haltmann from Kirby Planet Robobot.
- His vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references their song "Get Lucky".
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharell references the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger".
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the Daily Dose meme.
- His victory quote against Nico Nico references the popularity of Dedede's theme song on Nico Nico Douga and it's frequent use in remixes.
- His vs. quote against Donkey Kong references the Super Smash Bros. series.
- His victory quote against Donkey Kong references King K. Rool's reveal trailer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- His victory quote against Eminem references his song "Lose Yourself".
See also Edit
- King Dedede - Music Samples - a playlist of King Dedede-related sources.
Main series: Dream Land • Dream Land 2 • Dream Land 3 • Adventure (Nightmare in Dream Land)
Super Star (Ultra) • 64: The Crystal Shards • Amazing Mirror • Squeak Squad • Return to Dream Land
Triple Deluxe • Planet Robobot • Star Allies
Experiments: Canvas Curse • Epic Yarn • Mass Attack • Rainbow Curse