King Dedede is the main antagonist of the Kirby series and Kirby's arch-nemesis. He is most known in the SiIvaGunner community for his participation in the two King for a Day Tournaments. He was selected as a popular fan submission, being #1 overall in the ballot.
Revealed as the 13th fighter of the tourney, his rips would associate boss themes from the Kirby series, like Mt. Dedede or Hyness, Magolor, etc. He could also use material from the Kirby: Right Back At Ya! television series.
Dedede would have a noteworthy run during the tournament, facing both Weird Al and Etika in the 1st and 2nd rounds, respectively, and winning each match. It wasn't until his semifinal match against Unregistered HyperCam 2 that his reign would come to an end.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
King Dedede's Quote
|"I ain't having no accordions in my court!"|
|"Where's that awful scratchin' noise coming from?!"|
|"The top of your head's pretty flat, but I reckon I could pound it even flatter."|
|"Ain't no way a prince is ever gonna compare to the king!"|
|"Now why is a dumb old camera in the competition?"|
|"Try wearin' a hat, it'll hide the bald spot."|
|"Can someone get this drunkard outta here?!"|
|"I'm gettin' real hungry, y'all got a box of food to spare?"|
|"What gives? These ain't the monsters I ordered from N.M.E.!"|
|"Only I am allowed to bear the royal red coat!"|
|"The only balanced thing 'round here is a balanced diet: food, food and more food!"|
|"Bet you three'd make a mighty fine seafood platter!"|
|"Gotta be careful not to eat any missiles..."|
|"Reckon the wood on that'd look good on my trusty ol' hammer?"|
|"You were bad enough in Subspace!"|
King Dedede's Quote
|"Guess there's only room for ONE fat guy 'round here!"|
|"Get your butt back on the streets where you belong!"|
|"Gee, I'm really in the mood for a sandwich for some reason."|
|"Oh look, a free extra throne. Bet that'll come in handy one of these days."|
|"Funny how cameras always make me look better."|
|"Mr. Worldwide" ain't got nothin' on this supahstar warrior!"|
|"Gluttony in my kingdom is one thing, but drinkin' is another!"|
|"You were straight stupid to fight me if you lost against Jigglypuff of all fighters."|
|"I hope that money back guarantee's still valid!"|
|"That'll be my coat back, ya blubberin' buisnessman!"|
|"That glove'll make a great treasure for the throne room!"|
|"Waddle Dees! Toss these washed up losers into the Orange Ocean, and make it snappy!"|
|"I coulda saved ya back in Subspace, y'know."|
|"Will ya look at that! I knocked 'em straight back into the stars!"|
|"Guess I won't be needin' these badges no more."|
- "After his loss in the last tournament, King Dedede has decided it’s time to reveal his secret weapons… his brand-new Dedede Hammer, and a cool mask to boot! He’s once again determined to win the right to truly call himself a king… and ready to eat his way through our entire tournament budget, too. Asshole."
- —King Dedede's description on the MOJO!!
King Dedede returns with a new design based on his Masked Dedede look from Kirby Super Star Ultra, and a complete change in source list that now involves any kind of music from the Kirby series, not just boss themes.
In Round 1, King Dedede was up against Off the Hook ft. Paruko and managed to take a victory. In Round 2, he faced Jack Bros, and was knocked to the Loser's Bracket. In Round 2 of the Loser's Bracket, he faced Papyrus, and his reign once again came to an end.
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|Against||King Dedede's quote|
|"Let's see how long it takes to hammer your mess of metal into a pile of rubble!"|
|"Your gun arm ain't nothin' against my new hammer, puppet boy!"|
|"If y'all were my subjects, your shrill gibberish singing would be grounds for execution!"|
|"Care for another round, boy? You ain't got the girth!"|
|"You'll be flying around worldwide once I clobbah you out of this here tournament!"|
|"Hey, you got anymore of them donuts? Maybe me and your pal can have an eatin' contest!"|
|"Escargoon, get this pest offa me!"|
|"Don't you drink in front of me or I'll clobbah that there bottle down your throat!"|
|"Nice hat. If I slam my hammer down on it, will ya squeak?"|
|"I sure do have a lot of debt from Nightmare Enterprises, I could really use money like yours!|
|"What are you, some kind of Meta Knight wannabe? Take that cape lookin' coat off and face my hammer, boy!"|
|"If you really want to get some beats goin', I could clobbah you to the beat of my new theme song!"|
|"Your Polar Star ain't no match against the swing of my hammer!"|
|"The only thing that'll be takin' a toll on you is this here hammer, pretty boy!"|
|"You ain't as downright spiffy as I remember you bein'."|
|"I say, time for a good ol' fashioned crab boil!"|
|"I think my hammer needs another upgrade, mind coverin' it in plastic?"|
|"You ain't gonna be so lucky around me! You'll be staying up all night remembering how hard I clobbered you!"|
|"One swing of my hammer oughta shatter you boy!"|
|"Mind telling me where Sesame Street is? Because I'm gonna clobbah you two all the way back there where you belong!"|
|"Boy, I'm about to give you a daily dose of nothin' but pain!"|
|"Hehehehe! Is this some kind of joke? Do you know how easy it is to knock down a Snowman? Imma swat that moth too!"|
|"Oh hey! This here baking machine could be useful for my next Gourmet Race!"|
|"Wow, this is the first time I've seen knuckleheads ASK for a beat!"|
|"You look as little and puny as that there Kirby!"|
|"Now, we get to see who the King of the Heavyweights really is! Let's get Smashin'!"|
|"I don't know what you are, but I could use a monster like you to clobba that pink punk!"|
|"Once I beat you, I may just adopt the three of you! You'll perform for me anytime I want! And if you stop, you get clobbered!"|
|"Hi, kids! Do y'all like violence? Wanna see me batter this rapper's face 'til black circles surround his eyelids?"|
|"Right now, boys, this is my courtroom, I'm the judge, and I'm ready to lower my gigantic gavel... on the top o' your skulls!"|
|Against||King Dedede's quote|
|"Even that there meddlin' Kirby had a better mech than you!"|
|"Enough hogwash about the Seven Stars! What about them stars orbitin' your head?"|
|"And I don't wanna see no Splat Roller ever again!"|
|"Yeah, you're pretty Bad, alright!"|
|"Adios! Your alien friends will make some great servants!"|
|"Couldn't even last one round? Your appetite ain't nothing without that lil' ol' ghost of yours!"|
|"That was easy! And, uh... when you're done makin' a full recovery, how's about y'all make your King a sandwich?"|
|"I don't think that's alcohol you're chokin' on. That there is downright shame!"|
|"Looks like the Squeak Squad just got themselves a new member!"|
|"I hope ya don't mind me takin' this stash of garlic with me!"|
|"Stick a fork in this chump and send 'im back to Shadow Moses Island in his own box! I think he's finished!"|
|"You know boy, you make a better record than DJ, I can play your beats over and over again!"|
|"As I always say, loud mouths beat out quiet pipsqueaks any day!"|
|"Boy, it looks like your Moves Like Jagger ain't enough to rival the likes of good ol' Hammer Time!"|
|"Cartoon Network, huh? Wonder if they'd accept my pitch..."|
|"Hey, Kawasaki! Cook me up some of this seafood, will ya?"|
|"Now go back to that there Japan and Cry All Night Long!"|
|"Ah'm tired of mustachioed menaces tryna mechanize my minions!"|
|"I admit, I may not be fast, but I'm certainly better, stronger, and harder than you!"|
|"Even Kawasaki can cook a better dish than you!"|
|"I'm starting to be a lot more thankful of N.M.E.'s monsters. At least they don't give me puny ones like this red punk!"|
|"Sorry boy, but I don't think any doctor in Cappy Town has any medication for failure!"|
|"You both just got yourself splattered!"|
|"Kawasaki! I have a surprise for you! Now get back to work and cook me some grub!"|
|"You wanted me to drop a beat, so I did! Heh heh heh heh heh heh!"|
|"Now y'all really need to stop remixin' my kingly theme song thousands of times. It's really startin' to freak me out!"|
|"And tell your cheap crocodilian buddy...for what he did to me...I'M COMIN' FOR HIS HIDE NEXT!"|
|"Gee, Nightmare Enterprises really need to step their game up!"|
|"Hey Escargoon! Get me some kitty litter, will ya? I think we just got ourselves some new pets!"|
|"Oh yeah, your palms are sweaty now, boy! Don't be chokin' now!"|
|"I hereby declare the defendant and his witness clobbered, rocked, and slobberknocked! Case dismissed!"|
King for a Day
King for Another Day
- Some time during the reboot, King Dedede gained a sizeable amount of fans within the SiIvaGunner fanbase. This was acknowledged by The Voice in "The Deal - SilvaGunner: Rebooted", when he calls these fans a "vocal minority of penguins". Dedede was also the most highly requested character for the King for a Day Tournament, according to the credits mini-game.
- The two pentagons extruding off of the polygons around King Dedede's hammer in his King for Another Day portrait makes it so that they resemble the two-finger peace symbol on his hammer and coat.
King for a Day
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "Fat".
- His quotes against Reggie reference his battle against Hungrybox at the Nintendo World Championship 2015.
- His victory quote against Solid Snake, as well as his quotes against the Wario Bros. reference The Subspace Emmisary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
King for Another Day
- His victory quote against Metal Ajit Pai references Kirby's Robobot Armor from Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- His victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references the Splat Roller weapon in the Splatoon series.
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the latter's loss in the prior tournament.
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the Michael Jackson song "Bad", the song "Fat" is a parody of.
- His quotes against Nintendo Power references the first part of the various Yo-Kai Watch sketches.
- His victory quote against Men in Black references Will Smith's line "Hey G, would you make me a sandwich?" from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- His victory quote against Thanos references the Squeak Squad.
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "This Love".
- His victory quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Moves like Jagger".
- His vs. quote against Johnny Bravo makes a nod to the resemblance between him and the NME Salesman from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
- His victory quote Johnny Bravo references the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! episode "Cartoon Buffoon" from.
- His victory quote against Mariya Takeuchi references her song "Crying All Night Long".
- His vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references the video "King Dedede and Dr. Robotnik scream for 5 minutes".
- His victory quote against Dr. Robotnik references President Haltmann from Kirby Planet Robobot.
- His vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references their song "Get Lucky".
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharell references the song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger".
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the Daily Dose meme.
- His victory quote against Dr. Piccolo references Cappy Town, a village in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
- His vs. quote against HOBaRT references the Gourmet Race subgame from Kirby Super Star.
- His victory quote against Nico Nico references the popularity of Dedede's theme song on Nico Nico Douga and it's frequent use in remixes.
- His vs. quote against Donkey Kong references the Super Smash Bros. series.
- His victory quote against Donkey Kong references King K. Rool's reveal trailer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- His vs. quote against Eminem references his song "My Name Is", with it being a modified version of a lyric from the song.
- His victory quote against Eminem references his song "Lose Yourself".
|General||SiIvaGunner: King for a Day Tournament • Another Day Tournament
Characters: Nintendo Power (Reggie Fils-Aimé) • Wario Partners, LLP
|Main series||Super Smash Bros. • Melee • Brawl • for Wii U and 3DS • (3DS • for Wii U) • Ultimate|
|Fake games||Def Jam Brothas Melee • Brawl Extreme|
|Fan games||Project M|