SiIvaGunner: King for a Day is an unlicensed media franchise which has been produced and self-published by SiIvaGunner since 2018, consisting mainly of music, artwork, visual media and several channel events.
The majority of King for a Day media has been produced as part of the 2019 King for Another Day Tournament, the inaugural 2018 King for a Day Tournament having been relatively smaller. The rest of the franchise is expected to comprise the media dedicated to the five tournament contestants which placed high enough to receive their own projects: Unregistered HyperCam 2 after the first tournament, and DJ Professor K, Mariya Takeuchi, Law & Disorder and MissingNo. after the second tournament.
A third tournament is not planned. Though no real official reason has been given, it could be assumed that the King for Another Day Tournament with its much larger size and scale was too big a workload for the team, leading to them not wanting to make a third.
The concept for the original King for a Day Tournament was developed by Ethan64Music in July 2018. The tournament was first announced during the King for a Day Tournament Break; due to a community guidelines strike, the SiIvaGunner channel became unable to upload new videos, so the team instead used the Twitter account and YouTube community posts to interact with fans, detailing the tournament's character selection process. The tournament itself began several weeks later. In October 2018, the promised channel takeover for the winner of the tournament, Unregistered HyperCam 2, was held.
Shortly after the conclusion of the first tournament, which was generally considered a success, the development of its sequel, the King for Another Day Tournament, began. The project was first announced in January 2019 during the MAGFest 2019 SiIvaGunner Panel, and more details were released in the following months. While it was originally scheduled to begin roughly a year after the original tournament, it was delayed and eventually began in November; the second tournament's much wider scope is reflected in its much lengthier development time.
The projects dedicated to the remaining two top contestants of the second tournament, MissingNo. and Law & Disorder, are expected to be published in the future.
- STRINGS OF FATE ~ SiIvaGunner: King for a Day Tournament Original Soundtrack (2018)
- SiIva Direct Presents (2019)
- FIRST STRIKE ~ SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Original Soundtrack VOL. 1 (2020)
- SECOND WIND ~ SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Original Soundtrack VOL. 2 (2020)
- FINAL BOUT ~ SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Original Soundtrack VOL. 3 (2020)
- DJ Professor K Presents: 24/7 FUNKY FRESH BEATS FROM TOKYO-TO (2020)
- 2018.UnregisteredHyperCam2.FullAlbum.XviD.KfaD.320kbps[CDRip] (2020)
- King for a Day Tournament Break (2018)
- King for a Day Tournament (2018)
- Unregistered HyperCam 2 Takeover (2018)
- E3 2019 (2019)
- King for Another Day Tournament (2019)
- DJ Professor K Takeover (2020)
- King for Another Day Tournament MOJO!! (2019–2020)
- "11 Minutes of City Pop [Full Collab, VHS Rip]" (2020)
- LAW & DISORDER: TURNABOUT DESPAIR (TBD)
- MissingNo.'s prize (TBD)