Law & Disorder are a duo consisting of Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series and Monokuma from the Danganronpa series. They were the last revealed contestant in the King for Another Day Tournament. They were chosen by the art team.
- "Men of mystery Phoenix Wright and Monokuma have formed an unlikely partnership! Mr. Bean has been attacked, Maya Fey has been framed, and it’s once again up to Phoenix Wright to defend his friend. With the help of the mischievous Monokuma, somehow also tangled up in this case, can they get the turnabout while also fighting for the crown?"
- ―Law & Disorder's description on the MOJO!!
Law & Disorder were revealed in the SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019. Their source list consists of rips featuring music from the Ace Attorney and Danganronpa series and other mystery related games, and rips related to mysteries and court cases.
As revealed in their trailer, "Turnabout Despair", their invite was initially stolen by Mr. Bean, who used it to falsely pose as an actual contestant in their slot. Soon after, however, an unknown assailant attacked Mr. Bean, and Monokuma took the invite back to its rightful recipients.
Their first match, and victory, would be against Papyrus by an impressive 69.3%, moving them to Round 2 against ZUN where they were also victorious. In round 3, the duo were victorius against "Weird Al" Yankovic with a 56.3%. In Round 4, they beat The Jazz Cats with a 62.6% victory, moving to the Final 4 to battle DJ Professor K in the Winner's Final. Unfortunately, their winning streak ended, and Law & Disorder were eliminated. Since they were members of the Final 4, however, they will still receive an award in the form of a collaborative between at a later date. It is unknown what they will receive.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- In addition to competing in the tournament, their appearances in Meowth's interviews indicate that they are also investigating and trying to figure out Mr. Bean's true attacker, believing that it is not the top suspect, Maya Fey, another character from Phoenix Wright series.
- Phoenix Wright previously appeared as a character in "Unusual Circumstances - A SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis Side Story", defending Sony Entertainment Music Japan for terminating the SiIvaGunner channel. He was arrested at the end of the trial for his multiple outbursts, as well as attacking John Notwoodman, and ripping off his mustache, accusing him of not being a lawyer, and just being Wood Man with a mustache.
- Early on during planning, Law & Disorder was originally called Visual Novel Team, and had music from Visual Novels as part of their source list. However, Backroom changed up the source list, giving the duo music related to mysteries and court cases instead.
- Law & Disorder are the only contestant to lose once and be eliminated in King for Another Day.
- Law & Disorder had the highest voting average per round out of every contestant at 6923, beating out even the tournament champion.
- Phoenix's vs. quote against DJ Professor K is altered in the All VS/Victory Lines video from "Ignore him. Here's to a good final showdown, Professor." to "Ah, an honest opponent! Here's to a good showdown, Professor.".
- Many of Law & Disorder's quotes make references to the Danganronpa series, from which Monokuma hails from.
- Their vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Exisals, who are giant animal-like killing machine robots who are piloted by the Monokuma Kubs from the game Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
- Their vs. quote against Thanos reference Monokuma's fear of mice in Chapter 4 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
- Their vs. quote against Quote references the character K1-B0 from Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, who is a talking robot.
- Their victory quote against Quote reference a line said by Balrog, a former-antagonist from Cave Story who compares on Quote's Polar Star to a peashooter. It also references the sprite of Monokuma holding a machine gun, when he hears about the topic of rule-breaking on school grounds.
- Their victory quote against Adam Levine references a line from Chapter 1 of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, spoken by Monokuma regarding character Sayaka Maizono's idol group.
- Their victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references their song "Get Lucky", while also referencing the Ultimate Lucky Student talent from the Danganronpa series.
- Their victory quote against Jack & Elmo references the Final Dead Room from Chapter 4 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, where the player is infamously made to answer how many sides an octagon has, said chapter also has an octangular room feature prominently in its mystery.
- Their victory quote against Dr. Piccolo is an almost exact copy of a line from Chapter 2 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, but with "Dr. Killjoy" in place of "Dr. Killgood".
- Their vs. quote against Papyrus reference the Hangman's Gambit, a puzzle game of hangman incorporated into the Danganronpa trials.
- Their victory quote against Rhythm Masters reference the Panic Talk Action segment in Danganronpa trials, where the player must click to the rhythm of a beat in order to destroy arguments of the victim.
- Their vs. quote against Eminem references the character Ibuki Mioda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, in particular the fact that her music is known for being loud and unorthodox.
- The Ace Attorney series are also referenced in their quotes, the series from which Phoenix Wright hails from.
- Their vs. quote against Geno references the character Benjamin Woodman from Ace Attorney: Justice For All, who almost always speaks through his wooden puppet named Trilo Quist.
- Their vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell reference Apollo Justice, the protagonist of the game Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. This notion could also reference the musical group Justice, which Daft Punk ft. Pharrell include as a part of their sourcelist.
- Their victory quote against Papyrus reference Guy Eldoon, a noodle vendor known for his extreme saltiness on his noodles.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the plot twist in Ace Attorney when Miles Edgeworth suddenly presents an updated autopsy report as a rebuttal when Phoenix is defending a client's innocence for murder.
- Their vs. quote against Rhythm Masters references Phoenix's appearance in "Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure" where he aids Don-chan as a battle partner.
- Their victory quote against Donkey Kong references Case 1 of Ace Attorney: Justice for All, where the culprit, Richard Wellington, mistook a bright yellow baseball mitt for a bunch of bananas due to his poor eyesight.
- Their victory quote The Jazz Cats is a reference to the coffee-addicted Ace Attorney character Godot, or more specifically his character theme, "The Fragrance of Dark Coffee", which is a jazz song.
- Their vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references their loss against Unregistered HyperCam 2 in the last round from the previous King for a Day Tournament and the team from the Splatoon 2 Splatfest "Chaos vs. Order".
- Their victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references a line from his song "I'll Sue Ya".
- Their vs. quote against Nintendo Power reference the fan wishes of Monokuma appearing in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Their victory quote against Nintendo Power reference Spike Chunsoft and Capcom, the companies that Monokuma and Phoenix Wright are owned by.
- Their vs. quote against Men in Black reference the popular YTP "The Fesh Pince of Blair 2: Uncle Phil Yiffs in Heaven Again".
- Their victory quote against Men in Black reference the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "Will Goes a Courtin'".
- Their vs. quote against ZUN reference the genre Touhou games typically fall under, known as "bullet-hells".
- Their victory quote against Thanos reference Disney's legal team, known notoriously for winning 80% of the cases involving them.
- Their vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP reference Count Cannoli, one of the main antagonists in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Their vs. quote against Solid Snake reference the coincidence of Solid Snake's real name being David and his voice actor, David Hayter.
- Their vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Animals".
- Their victory quote against Mariya Takeuchi references an (English translated) lyric from her song "Plastic Love", specifically the line "Even if a voice whispers out that, I’m a woman cold as ice. Don’t worry!".
- Their victory quote against Jack Bros. references the song Reach Out To The Truth from Persona 4.
- Their vs. quote against Nico Nico reference Daisaku Ikeda, third president of Soka Gakkai, slamming his conference desk, a popular meme found the Nico Nico Douga website.
- Their victory quote against Eminem references his song "Rap God".
Frequently Ripped Tracks