Law & Disorder are a duo consisting of Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series and Monokuma from the Danganronpa series. They were the last revealed contestant in the King for Another Day Tournament. They were chosen by the art team.
- "Men of mystery Phoenix Wright and Monokuma have formed an unlikely partnership! Mr. Bean has been attacked, Maya Fey has been framed, and it’s once again up to Phoenix Wright to defend his friend. With the help of the mischievous Monokuma, somehow also tangled up in this case, can they get the turnabout while also fighting for the crown?"
- ―Law & Disorder's description on the MOJO!!
Law & Disorder were revealed in the "SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019". Their source list consists of rips featuring music from the Ace Attorney and Danganronpa series and other mystery related games, and rips related to mysteries and court cases.
As revealed in their trailer, "Turnabout Despair", their invite was initially stolen by Mr. Bean, who used it to falsely pose as an actual contestant in their slot. Soon after, however, an unknown assailant attacked Mr. Bean, and Monokuma took the invite back to its rightful recipients.
Their first match, and victory, would be against Papyrus by an impressive 69.3%, moving them to Round 2 against ZUN where they were also victorious. In round 3, the duo were victorius against "Weird Al" Yankovic with a 56.3%. In Round 4, they beat The Jazz Cats with a 62.6% victory, moving to the Final 4 to battle DJ Professor K in the Winner's Final. Their winning streak would end after said fight, and Law & Disorder were eliminated.
Since they were members of the Final 4, however, they will still receive an award in the form of a collaborative prize at a later date. Their prize was later teased in "LAW & DISORDER: TURNABOUT DESPAIR - Teaser || SiIvaFes".
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|Against||Law & Disorder's quote|
|"Why does he get to have an Exisal?! I couldn't even bring my kids!"|
|"A talking puppet? I've never seen one of those before!"|
"(I've seen them talk, but sentience is new.)"
|"Fufufufu! You've already lost, delusional one! TEAM CHAOS FOREVER!"|
|"(How come HE can have a spirit by his side? I would much rather have Mia than a psychotic bear bossing me around...)"|
|"Mr. Perez, can you tell me who this "Dale" is, please?"|
|"Greetings, gentlemen! Say, is there any room for little ol' me in that fighting game of yours?"|
|"Mr. Smith, your opening statement?"|
|"Bullets? Hell?? Me n' you might just get along!"|
|"EEEEEEEK!!!!! A MOUSE!!!!!"|
"(Snap me now... It would be better than having to hang around with this little demon...)"
|"Hey! I need to talk to an old enemy of yours, who wears a big purple top hat. Do you know where I can find him?"|
|"Think you'll fly to the higher spots of this tournament? Think again, idiot, you're a penguin!"|
|"So... Mr. Hayter, am I correct? (Wait, I don't think I have the correct David...)"|
|"Ah, an honest opponent! Here's to a good showdown, Professor."|
|"Geez, for a guy named Quote you sure are quiet. Well, it's better than dealing with an annoying talking robot! Puhuhuhu!"|
|"You phony humans won't ever come CLOSE to being like animals! GRAAAAR!"|
|"I don't have a mastermind, I'm a BEAR!!! *[sweats sensually]* But... you can talk to me anytime you like...!!!"|
|"Hey you, walk to the side just like crabs do, and let me through!"|
|"Pale, shy, and nice? You'd be perfect for a killing game!"|
"(I wonder if she'd get along with Lamiroir.)"
|"Objection! "Pingas" is not the correct technical term for the... erm... never mind..."|
|"(I'm glad Apollo isn't the one in charge here... how can his Bracelet work when the witnesses have robotic masks?)"|
|"Ah wait! You don't understand! I'm not--"|
|"Did you know that stop signs with white borders are 100% optional? It's true! Puhuhuhuhuhu..."|
|"So you're a doctor? If you ever were behind updating at least one autopsy report, I have a few shouts ready for you!"|
|"(These two remind me too much of the Blue Badger... Focus, Phoenix, don't think about it!)"|
|"A mixer in this tournament too? I've really seen it all..."|
|"Wait a minute, where have I seen this drum before?"|
|"H-Hey! I'm the only one supposed to be hitting desks around here!"|
|"It doesn't matter if you're a donkey or a monkey, you're still an ass either way! Puhuhuhu!"|
|"Is that spooky thing some alternative kind of channeling? I should ask Maya about this later..."|
|"I cross-examined a parrot once, some cats shouldn't be out of the ordinary."|
"Sheesh! And I thought Ibuki was horrible at music!"
|Winner's Finals (DJ Professor K)|| "A true anime showdown, the protagonist vs the handsome villain and his henchman of truth!"|
"Ignore him. Here's to a good final showdown, Professor."
|Against||Law & Disorder's quote|
|"Guilty as charged, Mr. Ajit. Your cruel acts will never be forgiven."|
|"Maybe the next game of Danganronpa can be an RPG!"|
|"Tell the one painted in blood I would LOVE to have a nice chat! She's truly the only one with taste I see around here!"|
|"By the way, I'm pretty sure you do, in fact, need a reason to sue Ben Affleck."|
|"Puhuhuhuhu... If I can make someone like YOU fall into despair, then maybe the whole wide world will!"|
|"Spike Chunsoft and Capcom send their best wishes! Puhuhuhu!"|
|"ORDER IN THE COURT!!! OOOOOOO-"|
|"Hey, I'm getting the hang of using these truth bullet things."|
| "(...I'm glad I won't be dealing with his legal team anytime soon.)"|
"Puhuhuhu, I bet you could graduate in half the time!"
|"So, you say you've paid all your 'employees' fair and square, right?"|
|"Are you sure you're a king? The evidence doesn't really seem to be on your side."|
|"Puhuhuhu, for a snake, you don't have a very solid bite!"|
|"Now, onto more pressing matters. Do you have legal permission to use the samples you mix into your music?"|
|"You call that peashooter a gun? I got an assault rifle with your name on it!"|
|"I hear that a tragedy has befallen Maroon 5 and the band has completely fallen apart! My oh my, what could have possibly happened to them?"|
|"Who needs cartoons when you can have live despair entertainment?! VIVA KILLING!"|
|"If I were you, I'd reconsider my company's rules in order to avoid being tried for too low wages!"|
|"You're a woman, now cold as ice!"|
"Um, Monokuma. I don't think that's legal...!"
|"Take that, stupid eggman!"|
"Hey, "take that" is my line!"
"Oh, come on, I'm SO MUCH BETTER at evil line delivery!"
"(That wasn't even a good "evil line"...)"
|"Looks like luck isn't a real talent after all."|
|"As hospitable as you are, your noodles were still only slightly more edible than Eldoon's."|
|"You guys like octagons, eh? Well, how would you like to try the Final Dead Room for something extra special?"|
|"I know a waaay better doctor than you: Doctor Killjoy!"|
"(...Doctor Killjoy? He's already killed his patients though...)"
|"Sorry you two, but we've got to reach out to the truth ourselves if we want to win this tournament."|
|"With a bit of modification, I could turn this into a torture machine in no time! Puhuhuhuhu!"|
|"Did my Panic Talk Action break your concentration? It's so easy, just click to the rhythm!"|
|"The word "flying trick" was TOTALLY my idea, by the way! Patent protected!"|
|"Why the glove? We playin' ball?"|
"(Those are bananas...)"
|"If you think I'll let technical problems foil my plans another time, you better think again!"|
|"(Why do I have this urge to drink a cup of coffee right now...)"|
|"Since I beat you, that makes me the TRUE rap god now! AHHHAHAHAHAHAH!"|
"...I don't think that's legally binding."
- In addition to competing in the tournament, their appearances in Meowth's interviews indicate that they are also investigating and trying to figure out Mr. Bean's true attacker, believing that it is not the top suspect, Maya Fey, another character from Ace Attorney series.
- Phoenix Wright previously appeared as a character in "Unusual Circumstances - A SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis Side Story", defending Sony Entertainment Music Japan for terminating the SiIvaGunner channel. He was arrested at the end of the trial for his multiple outbursts, as well as attacking John Notwoodman, and ripping off his mustache, accusing him of not being a lawyer, and just being Wood Man with a mustache.
- Early on during planning, Law & Disorder was originally called Visual Novel Team, and had music from Visual Novels as part of their source list. However, Backroom changed up the source list, giving the duo music related to mysteries and court cases instead.
- Monokuma's background art being stylized as a splat and its color pallet references the pink blood seen in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, while Phoenix's background art seems to resemble the speed lines shown in the dramatic Objection animations from the Ace Attorney series.
- Law & Disorder are the only contestant to lose once and be eliminated in King for Another Day.
- Law & Disorder had the highest voting average per round out of every contestant at 6923, beating out even the tournament champion.
- Many of Law & Disorder's quotes make references to the Danganronpa series, from which Monokuma hails from.
- Their vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Exisals, who are giant animal-like killing machine robots piloted by the Monokuma Kubs, also mentioned in Monokuma's quote, from the game Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
- Their victory quote against Geno references the roguelike and role-playing side game Despair Dungeon: Monokuma's Test from Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, which is itself based on Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer and Dragon Quest.
- Their victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references how blood in the Danganronpa games is colored pink.
- Their victory quote against ZUN references the Truth Bullets from the Danganronpa series, which is used during Class Trials to "shoot" the player's evidence at a weak point in someone's argument.
- Their vs. quote against Thanos reference Monokuma's fear of mice in Chapter 4 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
- Their vs. quote against Quote references the character K1-B0 from Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, who is a talking robot.
- Their victory quote against Quote reference a line said by Balrog, a former-antagonist from Cave Story who compares on Quote's Polar Star to a peashooter. It also references the sprite of Monokuma holding a machine gun, when he hears about the topic of rule-breaking on school grounds.
- Their victory quote against Adam Levine references a line from Chapter 1 of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, spoken by Monokuma regarding character Sayaka Maizono's idol group.
- Their vs. quote against Mariya Takeuchi references the amount of female Danganronpa series characters who fit the description of "pale, shy, and nice".
- Their victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references their song "Get Lucky", while also referencing the Ultimate Lucky Student talent from the Danganronpa series.
- Their vs. quote against Papyrus references the Hangman's Gambit minigames throughout the series, which are puzzle mini-games played during trials.
- Their victory quote against Jack & Elmo references the Final Dead Room from Chapter 4 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, where the player is infamously made to answer how many sides an octagon has, said chapter also has an octangular room feature prominently in its mystery.
- Their victory quote against Dr. Piccolo is an almost exact copy of a line from Chapter 2 of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, but with "Dr. Killjoy" in place of "Dr. Killgood".
- Their victory quote against Rhythm Masters reference the Panic Talk Action segment in Danganronpa trials, where the player must click to the rhythm of a beat in order to destroy arguments of the victim.
- Their victory quote against Nico Nico references how in Non-Stop Debates, the words fly across the screen and can be shot to counter certain points, which was stated to be directly inspired by the comment system on Nico Nico which users' comments can fly across the screen and be broken by clicking on them.
- Their victory quote against MissingNo. references Alter Ego from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, specifically their interference during the Chapter 5 execution.
- Their vs. quote against Eminem references the character Ibuki Mioda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, in particular the fact that her music is known for being loud and unorthodox.
- Their quotes also reference the Ace Attorney series, from which Phoenix Wright hails from.
- Their vs. quote against Geno references the character Benjamin Woodman from Ace Attorney: Justice for All, who almost always speaks through his wooden puppet named Trilo Quist.
- Their vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the character Mia Fey who appears as a spirit through channeling multiple times in the first three games.
- Their vs. quote against Mariya Takeuchi also references the character Lamiroir from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik includes the famous "Objection!" line.
- Their victory quote against Dr. Robotnik includes the famous "Take that!" line.
- Their vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell reference Apollo Justice, the protagonist of the game Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. This notion could also reference the musical group Justice, which Daft Punk ft. Pharrell include as a part of their sourcelist.
- Their victory quote against Papyrus reference Guy Eldoon, a noodle vendor known for his extreme saltiness on his noodles.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the plot twist in Ace Attorney when Miles Edgeworth suddenly presents an updated autopsy report as a rebuttal when Phoenix is defending a client's innocence for murder.
- Their vs. quote against Jack Bros. references the mascot of the Los Angeles police department Blue Badger.
- Their vs. quote against Rhythm Masters references Phoenix's appearance in Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure where he aids Don-chan as a battle partner.
- Their victory quote against Donkey Kong references Case 1 of Ace Attorney: Justice for All, where the culprit, Richard Wellington, mistook a bright yellow baseball mitt for a bunch of bananas due to his poor eyesight.
- Their vs. quote against MissingNo. references the character Maya Fey who is one of Phoenix's assistants as well as a spirit medium.
- Their vs. quote against The Jazz Cats references a trial from the game Ace Attorney: Turnabout Goodbyes where Phoenix cross-examines the parrot Polly.
- Their victory quote The Jazz Cats is a reference to the coffee-addicted Ace Attorney character Godot, or more specifically his character theme, "The Fragrance of Dark Coffee", which is a jazz song.
- Their vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references their loss against Unregistered HyperCam 2 in the last round from the previous King for a Day Tournament and the team from the Splatoon 2 splatfest Chaos vs. Order.
- Their victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references a line from his song "I'll Sue Ya".
- Their vs. quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references Pitbull's "Dale!" line used in some of his songs.
- Their vs. quote against Nintendo Power reference the fan wishes of Monokuma appearing in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Their victory quote against Nintendo Power reference Spike Chunsoft and Capcom, the companies that Monokuma and Phoenix Wright are owned by.
- Their vs. quote against Men in Black reference the popular YTP "The Fesh Pince of Blair 2: Uncle Phil Yiffs in Heaven Again".
- Their victory quote against Men in Black reference the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "Will Goes a Courtin'".
- Their vs. quote against ZUN reference the genre Touhou games typically fall under, known as "bullet-hells".
- Their victory quote against Thanos reference Disney's legal team, known notoriously for winning 80% of the cases involving them.
- Their vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP reference Count Cannoli, one of the main antagonists in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Their vs. quote against Solid Snake reference the coincidence of Solid Snake's real name being David and his voice actor, David Hayter.
- Their vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Animals".
- Their victory quote against Mariya Takeuchi references an (English translated) lyric from her song "Plastic Love", specifically the line "Even if a voice whispers out that, I’m a woman cold as ice. Don’t worry!".
- Their victory quote against Jack Bros. references the song "Reach Out To The Truth" from Persona 4.
- Their vs. quote against Nico Nico references Daisaku Ikeda, third president of Soka Gakkai, slamming his conference desk, a popular meme found in the Nico Nico Douga website.
- Their victory quote against Eminem references his song "Rap God".
- Tweet from Coach: "Oh yeah, I almost forgot to share this!!! Turntable Turnabout variants for Law & Disorder!!!!!"
- Tweet from Coach: "Yo fun fact for y’all Law and Disorder was originally called VN Team, and had all music from Visual Novels. Phoenix and Monokuma were kept as the characters but BR was changing source lists around a bit and they got Mystery/Court instead. Later on, the name got voted to be L&D!"
- Tweet from Coach: "Double fun fact: While me and Mister LN were thinking of submitting VN Team, we considered to have it be Nick, Kuma, and Monika- but we thought it’d be funnier to rep DDLC without Monika being a contestant lol Kinda ironic since L&D doesn’t get DDLC but missingno does haha"
|General||Characters: Law & Disorder • Dick Gumshoe • Maya Fey|
|Frequently ripped tracks||Pursuit ~ Cornered|
|Main series||Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright (JP) • Justice for All (JP) • Trials and Tribulations (JP) • Apollo Justice • Dual Destinies • Spirit of Justice|
|Spin-offs||Investigations: Miles Edgeworth • 2 (JP)
The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures (JP)
|Related||Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~|
|Crossovers||Marvel vs. Capcom: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3|
|Similar||Professor Layton and the Curious Village • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective|
|General||Characters: Law & Disorder|
|Main series||Trigger Happy Havoc • 2: Goodbye Despair • V3: Killing Harmony|
|Spin-offs||Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls|
|Crossovers||Terraria • Crypt of the NecroDancer|
|Similar||Your Turn To Die -Death Game By Majority-|