Meowth is a Pokémon and serves as a host in the King for Another Day Tournament. Specifically based off of Team Rocket's Meowth from the Pokémon anime, he is Pikachu's arch-nemesis and a central antagonist of the series.
- That’s right! The talkative Scratch Cat Pokémon himself chimes in as the official interviewer of the King for Another Day Tournament! Taking a much-needed break from his misadventures with Team Rocket, he, alongside last year’s tournament winner Unregistered HyperCam 2, is here on the scene, interviewing all 32 contestants and asking them questions peppered with attitude. Make sure you don’t make him angry though, or Pay Day’s coming early!
- ―Meowth's description on the MOJO!!
Meowth first appeared in MissingNo.'s reveal trailer as SiIvaGunner's Pokémon of choice. Later in Law & Disorder's reveal trailer, Meowth broke the news of Mr. Bean's attack and removal from the roster.
Meowth's main job is to conduct in-universe ringside interviews with the tournament's contestants on the King for Another Day Tournament MOJO!!, helping the audience know the characters better and keep up with their progress.
The tracks "Double Trouble (Team Rocket's REALLY Rockin' Remix)" and "Meowth, That's Right!" are also dedicated to him.
- His job as a news reporter is likely a reference to Pokémon Channel, where he had the same role.
- His hat was inspired by the Killer Exclusive cosmetic item from Team Fortress 2.
- In Meowth's description on the MOJO!! as well as in the interview "Harder to Believe", it is implied that he can use Pay Day, his species' signature move. This contradicts his depiction in the Pokémon anime, where he is specifically stated to be unable to do so due to "using up all his move slots" as a trade off for learning to speak.
- The design of his background is a red capitalized R, which is the symbol for Team Rocket in the Pokémon series.
- Tweet by @CannoliCount; Jan 3, 2020.