"Its legendary abilities spoken of in hushed tones on playgrounds all over the world, M
No. is joining the SiIvaGunner King for aaaaaaaaaaａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａａ MissingNo. is bringing into the tournament the signature ŕzÂ(‚Hz■Éq it’s well known for, and with no doubt will try its very■best■ to to fly through the bracｋｅｔ， ｓｏａｋｉｎｇ ａｌｌ ｔｈｏｓｅ ｗｈｏ ｓｔａnd in its way in the process!"
―MissingNo.'s description on the MOJO!!
MissingNo. was revealed in "SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019". Its design is a fusion of its various forms. Its rips will feature glitches, corruptions, exploits and games that are known for them, unused content, music associated with gaming creepypasta, and Glitch Hop and IDM music.
In Round 1, MissingNo. faced DJ Professor K and lost. In the Loser's Bracket, MissingNo. beat HOBaRT and moved up to face Mr. Krabs, who they subsequently beat. It then went head-to-head with Donkey Kong, who it also beat, and the following round it beat Dr. Piccolo, and then beating Rhythm Masters in the round next. MissingNo. then beat Daft Punk ft. Pharrell, moving up to the Final 4. Finally, it faced Mariya Takeuchi in the Loser's Finals, where it was defeated. Due to being part of the Final 4, however, it will still receive an award in the form of a collaborative project. It is unknown what it will be.
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|"No Internet connection available. Please to the Internet."|
|"[THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE.]"|
|"Y'''EÉÉÊ'eEOOOôO'ada'áāƚ_ëę ä s"|
unauthorized device has been detected"
|"Memory erase initiated. Erasing memory..."|
|"WARNING! Your system has been encrypted by Rense"|
|"ERROR: Population corrupted, restoring backup"|
|"A wild W' appeared!"|
|"ERROR: Face Distortion"|
|"Failed to establish connection with server. Returning to title menu."|
|"ERROR: Sleep mode unsuccessful. Please turn down radio."|
|"<KEY<MSG<FAC0013Who are you...?<NODI've never seen you around before.<NOD<END"|
|"GPS signal not found."|
|"Great! Now I'll never make it to|
|"Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available."|
|"Developed for use onry with NTSC Genesis system"|
|"WARNING: DJ1 is already doing a moment. This is only okay if daft punk custom moment was just triggered or it's the intro"|
|👎✌☼😐 👎✌☼😐☜☼ ✡☜❄ 👎✌☼😐☜☼|
|"help elmo to skate to the end"|
|"すぐにけせ すぐにけせ すぐにけせ"[note 1]|
|"Message of the Rhythm Heaven Reference Room "エラー""|
|"Wild PkMnRPkMn " appeared!"|
|"An irregularity has been detected."|
|"Can't load drawdeviceD3DZ.dll"|
|"ERROR: Type 'Opponent' already defines a member called 'slimShady' with the same parameter types"|
|"ERROR: [object Object]"|
|"Too bad! The trade was canceled!"|
|"⚠ [Error Code: 2002-4153] The software was closed because an error occurred."|
|"KOSA: yankovic.iso haiwezi kupatikana"|
|"La base de datos de virus ha sido actualizada."|
|"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"|
|"Memory successfully erased. Rewinding..."|
|"error : Sound ƒtƒ@ƒCƒ‹‚ᵃ“Ç‚Ý☒ž‚ß‚È‚¢ ƒf☒[ƒ^‚ðŠm”F data/wav/plst00.wav"|
|"Population restored. Thanos could not be found."|
|"255 WARE CANDY obtained!"|
|"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."|
|"Collision ERROR: Rokkaku Expo"|
|"Thank you. This is as far as it goes for now.|
2003/09/27 Studio Pixel"
|"We're sorry. The number you have dialed requires a coin deposit. Please hang up momentarily, listen for dial tone, deposit coin"|
|"Sep 16 2007|
|"(With apologies to Jim Morrison) This is the end, my only friend, The End"|
|"Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer."|
|"☜☼☼⚐☼✏✏✏ 💧☜☜ ✡⚐🕆 ☹✌❄☜☼✏"|
|"watchout for those cracks!"|
|"A neophyte defying a god."|
|"CPU over temperature error"|
|"If service is needed on this equipment, contact your local Hobart Service office."|
|"It's normal. On the beat! What happen!? Not enough a basis. Bad beat of behind. Super sense of rest! Great beat of behind!"|
|"This video contains content from SOKKA GAKKAI INTERNATIONAL which has been blocked on copyright grounds."|
|"This product will not operate when connected to a device that makes unauthorized copies."|
|"Unfortunately, NekoAtsume has stopped."|
|"ERROR: FerSpyder.dll has been moved or renamed. Please reinstall ALike"|
- On the MOJO!!, to the right of its art, the "lyrics" from the description of the "Mystic Ruins - Sonic Adventure" rip can be seen as a large mass of zalgo text.
- The phrase "fly through the brackets, soaking all those who stand in its way" in its MOJO!! description most likely refers to MissingNo.'s level up moves in Pokémon Red and Blue, which consist solely of Sky Attack and two instances of Water Gun.
- The color pallet for the background art references MissingNo.'s appearance in Pokémon Yellow.
- Despite being set for an interview from Meowth during both Round 1 and Round 2, its presence was only implied through strange happenings and zalgo-fied encoded text; it had no direct appearances until Round 3's "A Secret Meeting", where Unregistered HyperCam 2 gave it a 1-on-1 pep talk.
- At first the presence and implied presence of MissingNo. in interviews was commonly accompanied by text encoded as binary, hexadecimal, and/or base64. Click here for a reddit thread centered around instances of said text.
- MissingNo. has the most languages spoken in its quotes out of all the characters; those being English, Spanish, Japanese, and Swahili. It also has some quotes displayed in the font Wingdings.
Based on the sources or perspective from the characters MissingNo. is facing, MissingNo.'s quotes reference either error messages, glitches, unused text, songs and media with some being formed into a different quote in perspective to MissingNo..
- MissingNo.'s vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai is a reference to a connection error message seen in Gameloft games. However, the line "make sure your device is connected" is removed from the quote to make it look like MissingNo. is pleasing to the disconnection of the internet in favor of Ajit Pai.
- Its victory quote against Metal Ajit Pai is a reference to the "Too bad! The trade was canceled!" effect from the game Pokémon Red and Blue.
- Its quotes against Geno reference debug messages hidden within the code of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
- Its vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references a communication error message from Splatoon 2.
- It was reused from Off the Hook ft. Paruko's victory quote against Ajit Pai from the King for a Day Tournament.
- Its victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references an error code found in the Nintendo Switch console.
- Its quotes against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "Virus Alert", referencing two separate lyrics from the said song. The vs. quote references the lyric "If you should get an email with the subject, 'stinky cheese'", while the victory quote references the lyric "Translate your documents into Swahili".
- Its vs. quote Pitbull and the Aliens references Pitbull's iconic grito, being a heavily distorted version of it.
- Its victory quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references a Spanish voice played from the antivirus program Avast when the virus database is updated.
- Its vs. quote against Nintendo Power references an error found in the Wii console.
- Its victory quote against Nintendo Power references the infamous "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" line from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- Its quotes against Men in Black references the effects of the neuralyzer from the Men in Black series which has the ability to wipe the mind of anybody who sees the flash.
- Its vs. quote against ZUN references the Rensenware virus which encrypts the user's files and tells the user to play Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object to get the user's files back.
- Its victory quote against ZUN references an error that pops up when patching Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil incorrectly.
- Its quotes against Thanos reference the endings of the Avengers movies Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.
- More specifically, its vs. quote references Avengers: Infinity War, where Thanos activates the completed Infinity Gauntlet by snapping his fingers, making half of all life across the universe disintegrate. While its victory quote references Avengers: Endgame, where Thanos gets snapped out of existence by Tony Stark after stealing the stones.
- Its vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP is a reference to the dual type Bird/Normal glitch Pokémon, 'M, which is often called the "sister" glitch counterpart to MissingNo.. However, the "M" is changed to a "W" instead in perspective to Wario.
- Its victory quote against Wario Partners, LLP is a play of the "unlimited Rare Candy" glitch from the game Pokémon Red and Blue and the game series WarioWare. The number count in this quote references the 255 stack duplication glitch, also from Red and Blue.
- Its quotes against King Dedede references glitches related to him in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Its vs. quote against King Dedede references the "body distortion" glitch from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The quote itself is referring to the glitch from King Dedede where his face gets distorted.
- Its victory quote against King Dedede references Kirby's Inhale glitch from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which, after Kirby copied King Dedede's neutral special, then inhales an opponent, and after Kirby has enough damage with the opponent inhaled, that opponent will disappear.
- Its vs. quote against Solid Snake references a connection error message from the game Metal Gear Survive.
- Its victory quote against Solid Snake references a startup error message from the games Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.
- Its vs. quote against DJ Professor K references a sample used in "Let Mom Sleep" from Jet Set Radio that says: "Would you stop playing with that radio of yours? I'm trying to get to sleep!".
- Its victory quote against DJ Professor K references a glitch in Rokkaku Expo found in the game Jet Set Radio Future which allows the player to explore outside the racetrack.
- Its vs. quote against Quote references the AGTP English translation of Jenka's dialogue written in raw form found in the Jenka1 transcript of Cave Story.
- Its victory quote against Quote references a hidden message from Labyrinth B in the prototype of Cave Story.
- Its vs. quote against Adam Levine is a reference to an error message from Pokémon GO, likely alluding to the fake game Maroon GO. It could also be a reference to the Maroon 5 song "Maps", since it's a GPS error message.
- Its victory quote against Adam Levine is an intercept message when trying to use a payphone, referencing the Maroon 5 song "Payphone".
- Its vs. quote against Johnny Bravo is a reference to a line of placeholder text written in the code of Titans Most Wanted.
- Its victory quote against Johnny Bravo is a reference to a text found in the SLES file of Johnny Bravo: Date-O-Rama.
- Its vs. quote against Mr. Krabs is a GameShark cheat code for Pokémon Red and Blue that enables the player to, among other things, obtain infinite money.
- Its victory quote against Mr. Krabs is a developer message hidden within the code of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. The message itself is taken directly from "The End" by The Doors, whose singer was Jim Morrison, hence the mention of him.
- Its quotes against Mariya Takeuchi reference error messages that appear on YouTube.
- Its vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references an error screen displayed by an unidentified Sega Genesis video game indicating that the game is region locked for the Sega Genesis console and as such will not work on a European (or PAL region) Sega Mega Drive console or a Japanese Sega Mega Drive console. The "onry" typo occurred on the error screen used in Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. It could also be a nod to how Dr. Robotnik in the tournament is based off his American incarnation from Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Its victory quote against Dr. Robotnik is an exception reported by the Motorola 68000 microprocessor (the main processor used by the Sega Genesis). The original Sonic the Hedgehog game is known to crash with an "Illegal Instruction" error if a specific bug is performed in Labyrinth Zone.
- The hexadecimal numbers in the quote translate to "Robotnik".
- Its vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell is a line of text hidden within the code of DJ Hero.
- Its victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell mentions Pokédex #250, Ho-Oh, a Pokémon based off of a phoenix, referencing the song "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell and its opening line "Like the legend of the phoenix".
- This quote could also be interpreted as a reference to the rip "Radio: Lucky Channel/Game Corner - Pokémon Gold & Silver".
- Its vs. quote against Papyrus references W. D. Gaster, a character whose existence has long been hinted at in Undertale and is mostly associated with the Wingdings font. The line itself is part of the Wingdings text hidden in the files of Undertale.
- Its victory quote against Papyrus is a reference to one of the many error messages in Undertale, written in Wingdings similar to the vs. quote.
- Its quotes against Jack & Elmo is a reference to some unused text hidden within the code of the Game Boy Color version of Sesame Street Sports.
- Its vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo is a reference to a crash handler message found in the Japanese version Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II.
- Its victory quote against Dr. Piccolo is an unused quote said by Demon God Demigra in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Its vs. quote against Jack Bros references an infamous rumor from the game Shin Megami Tensei that there was a rare chance of the game freezing during the intro before the screen was flooded with a sole message repeated over and over.
- Its victory quote against Jack Bros. references a PC error caused by CPU overheating. It is fitting with the Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei series' theme as it occurs on a computer.
- Its vs. quote against HOBaRT references a troubleshooting message found in the Hobart Legacy® mixer.
- Its victory quote against HOBaRT is taken directly from a Hobart mixer instruction manual.
- Its vs. quote against Rhythm Masters references an unused email hidden within Rhythm Tengoku.
- Its victory quote against Rhythm Masters references certain lines of placeholder text written repeatedly in the code for Rhythm Heaven.
- Its vs. quote against Nico Nico references the Pokémaniac-type Glitch Pokémon, PkMnRPkMn ".
- Its victory quote against Nico Nico is a reference to the YouTube copyright strike message "This video contains content from _, which has been blocked on copyright grounds.", and the organization Soka Gakkai International.
- Its quotes against Donkey Kong are taken directly from anti-piracy error screens in Donkey Kong Country 2.
- Its vs. quote against The Jazz Cats is a reference to a startup error message from the Nekopara game series.
- Its victory quote against The Jazz Cats references an error message on Android devices that occurs when an app crashes unexpectedly, as well as the mobile game Neko Atsume.
- Its victory quote against Eminem references his song "Not Alike".
- Its victory quote against Law and Disorder references a debug string hidden within the code of Danganronpa: Unlimited Battle.
- The quote is glitched.