Monika is the main antagonist from the game Doki Doki Literature Club! and main character in Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!. She appears both as a character in the King for Another Day Tournament and the SilvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis.
Her voice, which appeared in Doki Doki Literature Club!'s credits song "Your Reality", has been sampled in a few rips.
King for a Day Tournament
Monika was teased to be a character for the King for a Day Tournament. 24 hours later, it was revealed this was a fakeout for Etika. In "ONE FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT (for real this time)", she was revealed to be the third most popular fan request, but was disqualified.
King for Another Day Tournament
In the sequel, Monika once again served as a fakeout characteer announcement, as part of the larger fake direct "SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019 (Beta Mix)". She was to be teamed up with Mario to form the Doki-Doki Duo. In reality, she worked as a studio janitor at Studio Gunner during the tournament. She manages to sneak into an interview under the guise of Pickle Woodman, seemingly by posessing MissingNo., before getting ejected and ending the interview early. Despite this, she appears to help everyone in the final fight against Unrestrained HyperCam 2. She is also one of the suspects for Mr. Bean's assault.
The SilvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis
Monika appears in the bonus episode "I Wanna Thank Me - A SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis Side Story". She acted as the running mate of Misha, forming the Poké Poké Literature Party in a presidential campaign in Grandiose City. Despite this, she is shown to be cold to Misha, disapproving of his plan to turn the other parties against each other and happily doing the speech herself when he gets distracted. She is seen to be a good public speaker but can be confrontational, as shown in her argument with Snoop Dogg during the final campaign speech.
- In "SiIvaGunner Art Fusion Collab", she appears to represent her game.
- In "An AWESOME Announcement!", Nostalgia Critic dismisses the (at the time) popular fan theory that Monika had taken over or was attempting to take over the channel.
- The reason given for Monika being disqualified from the King for a Day Tournament was that she was "too big", a reference to Ridley's former status of not being a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series prior to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; though instead of physical size as with Ridley, it's referring to how Doki Doki Literature Club! is too popular.
- The artist of Monika's fakeout reveal in the King for a Day Tournament later drew a sketch for a third reveal if Etika's reveal was also a fakeout, with Monika being the contestant all along.
- Monika was originally going to be a part of Law & Disorder before she was removed.
- Tweet from Coach: "Double fun fact: While me and Mister LN were thinking of submitting VN Team, we considered to have it be Nick, Kuma, and Monika- but we thought it’d be funnier to rep DDLC without Monika being a contestant lol Kinda ironic since L&D doesn’t get DDLC but missingno does haha"