Nintendo Power are competitors in the King for Another Day Tournament. They are the duo of Reggie Fils-Aimé and Bill Trinen.
- "No one's body is ready for the true might of Nintendo Power! After Reggie retired, Miyamoto decided Reggie needed a boost from inside the company, and Bill Trinen is the perfect match. Now that these two gaming industry legends have brought their Joy-Cons together, this tournament has truly been switched on!"
- —Nintendo Power's description on the MOJO!!
Nintendo Power was originally conceived as a pair-up of Reggie and Etika by the name of The Joy-Con Men, whose rips would consist of music from the Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Wii (excluding Wii Music), and The Legend of Zelda franchises. However, the team announced in "SiIva Direct • SiIva Lighthouse Live ∣ E3 2019" that his character would not be in the tournament, as the real Etika was publicly struggling with mental illness, and the team was concerned that the tournament could bring him unnecessary or negative attention.
The team's new incarnation as Nintendo Power was revealed in "SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day Tournament Direct 9.21.2019". The already-revealed sources remained the same, but with the addition of music from Nintendo system software and presentations, such as music from the Nintendo eShop and Wii channels and Nintendo Direct jingles.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
|Against||Nintendo Power's quote|
|"Hello, everyone. I have one final announcement: I am removing mechs from Daemon X Machina."|
|"I can assure you, I got Bill to go over to Square Enix Japan and cancel any plans of a Super Mario RPG remake."|
|"Your last name was pretty inaccurate to the Japanese translation. I'm honestly wondering how you screwed that up in the first place."|
|"Oh great...just what I need. More Yo-kai. We're gonna get revenge on you for possessing us! Get ready Reggie!"|
|"Reggie, I can't really speak Spanish, sorry."|
|"Looks like these two are more fans of the darker variation of Joy-Cons."|
|"Fangames based off your own franchise have made it on the Switch years before yours. What's wrong with you?"|
|"Looking at you again makes me feel just like a purple pikmin."|
|"Now that I am no longer a president of Nintendo, maybe I could fire you like Bill and run your company!"|
|"Challenge accepted! You look like you're about to burst yourself, you sure you can do this, my Tomodachi?"|
|"Hey, you can understand Japanese as well? Here's a tip:
|"Sorry to say, but the future of Jet Set Radio on the Switch is looking pretty grim. Not my problem anymore, anyway."|
|"This one is quiet...I suppose he only speaks with body language."|
|"I have "Just A Feeling" that I'm gonna kick your ass!"|
|"Johnny, did you cry when you got that hair cut?"|
|"This is Reggie from Nintendo. I am pleased to announce that Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom is no longer coming to Switch."|
|"I recently got a plastic ass as a farewell gift. Would it happen to be yours?"|
|"At least Bowser is able to capture a princess. You can't even capture a hedgehog!"|
|"I remember being so tired of hearing your song on Flipnote Hatena. We discontinued the service early just because of it."|
|"Hey, who turned off the lights?"|
|"Bill once grew a beard larger than you will ever have, in just the span of a few hours."|
|"Dr. Mario, Dr. Kawashima, Dr. Luigi, and now YOU? I'm starting to think we're making too many games about doctors..."|
|"Aren't you that virtual boy?"|
|"Bill! Look! Looks like you can finally make your own donuts! ...And not eat the ones I bought!"|
|"Reggie, why don't you pull out those dance moves you brought to that meeting? Now would be a good time."|
|"Konnichiwa, everyone from Japan. I am Reggie of Nintendo of America."|
|"I appreciate you being there for my goodbye photo, but I think it's about time I take Tropical Freeze off the shelves."|
|"I don't think I can translate this...thing... its whole shape is made out of gibberish!"|
|"Today, I am proud to announce that we are planning on removing cats from Nintendogs + Cats!"|
|"Your language alone is the reason why your My Nintendo account was banned straight from the very start."|
|"Oh hey! Congrats on getting the Phoenix Wright Trilogy on the Switch! Too bad that I'm about to remove it from the eShop."|
|Against||Nintendo Power's quote|
|"Now where did that Fils-A-Mech go.."|
|"Go back to the Grinch and tell him his leak was doomed from the start, it had YOU in it."|
|"The Splatoon games were a short-lived novelty. I think it's time to start "fresh" with a new IP."|
|"That's what you get for making me dance in the middle of an important meeting!"|
|"Uhh...Adios, amigos! Arigato!"|
|"Hey, if you ever meet a Japanese alien in need of translation, hit me up anytime! Not during my work hours though, please."|
|"If you ever want to go to a donut cafe to talk up our Japanese skills, please let me know!"|
|"Your gauntlet is no match for my trusty Power Glove!"|
|"This is Reggie, former president of Nintendo. I have taken over Wario Partners, LLP, and will now rename every WarioWare title to "ReggieRare"."|
|"Bill, look at him. How pathetic. Whatever happened to you eating oranges? Get a diet or you'll end up looking like him."|
|"Guess he can't hide from the truth. Nintendo will always beat Konami!"|
|"I feel your DJ skills may have gotten a bit rusty over the years. Why not try out the power of our Nintendo Labo Piano?"|
|""Cave Story+"? I think it's time for a downgrade. "Cave Story-" will never be released on Nintendo Switch ever!"|
|"Nothing like a fresh, Sunday Morning, playing Nintendo."|
|"Bill, you were pretty wrong, I'm pretty sure this is the cheesiest guy I've EVER met."|
|"Would any creatures from Rock Bottom happen to need any form of translation? May be good for advertising."|
|"I'm such a huge fan; never mind my friend, your lyrics are incredible! I hope we can meet again sometime!"|
|"You know, it really is no wonder why SEGA stopped making consoles and bowed down to us. It's their best decision yet."|
|"All hail the Virtual Boy."|
|"If I were to be honest, I easily prefer playing the Japanese version of Undertale."|
|"If you want education, you two are free to join one of my lectures anytime! I don't know what I can teach about Octagons, though..."|
|"Sorry, but I think both Reggie and I know the power of showing the Switch's true colors."|
|"Also, would you mind telling Arsene to stop kicking my ass in Elite Smash?"|
|"Mmm...It's dangling! Mmm..mmmmm..num..mmm... *BURP*"|
|"Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai won't you be my friend?"|
|"If anyone is looking for a Christmas present for Reggie, I recommend Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone for Nintendo 3DS. He could probably use some practice."|
|"See you later, old friend. I'll make sure Bowser gives you as much bananas as you want."|
|"We're about kicking ass and taking names: you're about breaking games."|
|"Bill, you're telling me that while I was gone they put Nekopara on the eShop? What's wrong with you?"|
|"I hope that makes it clear that owning a Joy-Con isn't as cheap as 50 cents."|
|"Did you really think you could win a case against us? I mean... c'mon now, I guess that's just the power of Nintendo."|
- This is the only pairing with both a newcomer and a veteran.
- In their art, Bill is seen reaching for a donut, referencing the "YO-KAI WATCH – The Very Important Meeting Part 1" video.
- In "SilvaGunner: King for Another Day - All Vs/Victory Lines (Secrets and Easter Eggs!)", their vs. quote against DJ Professor K was instead used as a victory quote.
- Bill Trinen is the only King for Another Day contender to not appear in SiIvaGunner Art Fusion Collab.
- Their victory quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Reggie Mech from Reggie Fils-A-Mech - Nintendo @ E3 2014.
- Their vs. quote against Geno references the fan wishes of the game Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars as a remake.
- Their victory quote against Geno references "The Grinch" leak which had Geno as one of the "fake" characters announced in it.
- Their quotes against "Weird Al" Yankovic, Johnny Bravo, HOBaRT and Rhythm Masters, reference the various Yo-Kai Watch sketches where Bill and Reggie get possessed by various Yo-Kai Watch spirits during a meeting. The first one has Bill eating all the donuts, the second one has Reggie and Bill insulting each other, and the third one has Reggie dancing.
- Their vs. quote against Pitbull and the Aliens is directly taken from the ending of Nintendo - Get Ready for E3 2015!.
- Their vs. quote against ZUN and victory quote against The Jazz Cats references a line from Nintendo Direct 10.21.2011.
- Their vs. quote against Thanos references a line from the E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference.
- Their victory quote against Thanos references the Power Glove, which is a controller accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
- Their victory quote against King Dedede references the end of the video "Wii U Online Services Explanation With Bill Trinen".
- Their vs. quote against DJ Professor K references the fan wishes of the Jet Set Radio series being released for the Nintendo Switch console.
- Their victory quote against DJ Professor K references the Toy-Con Piano featured in the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit 01.
- Their vs. quote against Adam Levine is a reference to the Maroon 5 song "Just A Feeling".
- Their victory quote against Adam Levine is a reference to the Maroon 5 song “Sunday Morning”.
- Their vs. quotes against Mariya Takeuchi and Donkey Kong reference farewell gifts Reggie received after his departure from Nintendo, a plastic ass and art piece from Retro Studios respectively.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik is a reference to a running gag in the Mario games where Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach in his castle.
- Their vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell is a reference to one of Daft Punk's songs "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" being an overused song heard in Flipnote Hatena videos.
- Their victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references an in-game scene shown in the Tomodachi Life Direct 4.10.14.
- Their vs. quote against Papyrus is a reference to the reveal trailer of the Switch port of Undertale.
- Their vs. quote against Jack & Elmo references a series of skits from the 9.1.2016 Nintendo 3DS Direct.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the various doctors from the various Nintendo games.
- Their vs. quote against Jack Bros. includes Bill explaining the details of the game Jack Bros. for the Virtual Boy console.
- Their victory quote against Jack Bros. references the Persona Arsene from Persona 5 which is the Persona Joker uses in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the online mode Elite Smash from the same game.
- Reggie's victory quote against MissingNo. references a line from the Nintendo E3 2004 Press Conference.
- Their victory quote against Eminem references a song he’s appeared in called “50 Cent”.