Off the Hook ft. Paruko, previously known as Off the Hook ft. Glenna Nalira, are a trio of fighters in the King for a Day Tournament series, consisting of three Splatoon 2 characters, Pearl and Marina from the duo Off the Hook, plus minor character Paruko from the Chirpy Chips, who, prior to her having an official name, was called by the fan name Glenna. They were selected by the SiIvaGunner Backroom.
They were the third competitors revealed for the tournament on July 17, 2018. Their source list included rips from the Splatoon series.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Off the Hook ft. Glenna's quote|
|"Leave it to the queens to take out the king!"|
|"Parodies are so not fresh. Come up with your own material!"|
|"Hey, huge fan! Can you sign my mic after we win?"|
|"Wouldn't advise screaming like that. You'll damage your vocal cords."|
|"-Hey G, will you make me a sandwich?"|
|"You're the kind of retro that's better off forgotten."|
|"Your flow is as strong as your hairline!"|
|"Keep drinking and soon enough, you'll be swimming with the fishes!"|
|"Tell Mr. Nogami to let me appear in game."|
|"There's only room for one trio around here!"|
|"Hands off our internet, ya geezer!"|
|"I'd like to make myself believe you have a chance against us!"|
|"The next Splatfest: Squids vs. Snakes!"|
|"You're so last millennium. We're what's hot and happenin' now!"|
|"Eat a salad, tubby. As for your friend...EAT ANYTHING."|
|Against||Off the Hook ft. Glenna's quote|
|"Hammer time's over, bud. You're on ice!"|
|"A good ol' tracker beats a lame accordion any day."|
|"Who needs samples with vocal cords like these?"|
|"Where are your JoyCon boys at now?!"|
|"Your freshness really doesn't live up to your title."|
|"Keep up with the times or succumb to our rhymes!"|
|"Overrated mainstream garbo...U-Uh, no offense, gals."|
|"Sober up before you step to us next time!" (Pearl)|
|"Our bodies were BORN ready!"|
|"Our fresh beats are out of this world!"|
|"[THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE.]"|
|"You're not worth half the effort."|
|"Stay in hiding. More room in the spotlight for us!"|
|"Your 90's charm can only last so long."|
|"Love always comes before money!"|
- "After a respectable second place finish in the last tournament, Off the Hook are looking to wow the crowd once more with an encore performance! Marina and Pearl are once again joined by Paruko, bringing her chiptune rock flair to the stage. With their talents combined, these seaborn superstars are more motivated than ever to claim their turf on the throne once and for all!"
- —Off the Hook's description on the MOJO!!
Off the Hook returns, featuring new designs based off of Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion. Their source list has been expanded to include "God of ink" and arrangements done in a Splatoon style.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- The polygons extruding off of Pearl's microphone in her King for Another Day portrait resembles a squid from the Splatoon series, while Marina's shadow in her individual portrait resembles an octopus.
- In Paruko's individual King for Another Day portrait, the screen on her Game Boy shows a level from Jack Bros., which also hinted at the contestant of the same name before they were publicly revealed.
- During the King for Another Day Tournament, only Paruko had quotes while Pearl and Marina didn't have any opportunity to say a single line.
- Off the Hook ft. Paruko are the only competitors who had victories in the King for a Day Tournament but didn't have victories in the King for Another Day Tournament. They also had the worst upset of all the veterans – the worst possible upset, in fact – going from being the runner-up to being eliminated in Losers' Round 1.
- When adding up the total amount of votes each competitor got throughout the King for Another Day Tournament, Off the Hook ft. Paruko got the most out of the competitors eliminated in Losers' Round 1, with 8780 votes.
- Their vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion NILS Statue.
- Their vs. quote against Geno references the level up system of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars which is earned by defeating enough enemies in battle to gain enough experience points to level up.
- Their victory quote against Geno references their vs. quote against him from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their victory quote against Weird Al references the "squidbagging/octobagging" taunt, which is used to signal victory and mock the defeated Inkling or Octoling.
- Their victory quote against Men in Black references the "Storm Area 51" meme.
- Their victory quote against Thanos is a reference to the Splatoon 2 amusement park "Wahoo World".
- Their vs. quotes against Wario Partners, LLP and Solid Snake references their loss again Off the Hook ft. Paruko from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their vs. quote against Solid Snake also references the Point Sensor sub weapon.
- Their victory quote against Solid Snake parodies the win quote from Snake in the Super Smash Bros. series, "This is Snake - I'm done here".
- Their vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Girls Like You".
- Their vs. quote against Eminem references his song "Rap God".
- Their victory quote against Eminem references his song "My Band".
- Their quotes against Law and Disorder references the teams from the Splatoon 2 splatfest "Chaos vs. Order".