Off the Hook ft. Paruko, previously known as Off the Hook ft. Glenna Nalira, are a trio of fighters in the King for a Day Tournament series, consisting of three Splatoon 2 characters, Pearl and Marina from the duo Off the Hook, plus minor character Paruko from the Chirpy Chips, who, prior to her having an official name, was called by the fan name Glenna. They were selected by the SiIvaGunner Backroom.
They were the third competitors revealed for the tournament on July 17, 2018. Their source list included rips from the Splatoon series.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Off the Hook ft. Glenna's quote|
|"Leave it to the queens to take out the king!"|
|"Parodies are so not fresh. Come up with your own material!"|
|"Hey, huge fan! Can you sign my mic after we win?"|
|"Wouldn't advise screaming like that. You'll damage your vocal cords."|
|"-Hey G, will you make me a sandwich?"|
|"You're the kind of retro that's better off forgotten."|
|"Your flow is as strong as your hairline!"|
|"Keep drinking and soon enough, you'll be swimming with the fishes!"|
|"Tell Mr. Nogami to let me appear in game."|
|"There's only room for one trio around here!"|
|"Hands off our internet, ya geezer!"|
|"I'd like to make myself believe you have a chance against us!"|
|"The next Splatfest: Squids vs. Snakes!"|
|"You're so last millennium. We're what's hot and happenin' now!"|
|"Eat a salad, tubby. As for your friend...EAT ANYTHING."|
|Against||Off the Hook ft. Glenna's quote|
|"Hammer time's over, bud. You're on ice!"|
|"A good ol' tracker beats a lame accordion any day."|
|"Who needs samples with vocal cords like these?"|
|"Where are your JoyCon boys at now?!"|
|"Your freshness really doesn't live up to your title."|
|"Keep up with the times or succumb to our rhymes!"|
|"Overrated mainstream garbo...U-Uh, no offense, gals."|
|"Sober up before you step to us next time!"|
|"Our bodies were BORN ready!"|
|"Our fresh beats are out of this world!"|
|"[THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE.]"|
|"You're not worth half the effort."|
|"Stay in hiding. More room in the spotlight for us!"|
|"Your 90's charm can only last so long."|
|"Love always comes before money!"|
- "After a respectable second place finish in the last tournament, Off the Hook are looking to wow the crowd once more with an encore performance! Marina and Pearl are once again joined by Paruko, bringing her chiptune rock flair to the stage. With their talents combined, these seaborn superstars are more motivated than ever to claim their turf on the throne once and for all!"
- —Off the Hook's description on the MOJO!!
Off the Hook returns, featuring new designs based off of Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion. Their source list has been expanded to include "God of ink" and arrangements done in a Splatoon style.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- The polygons extruding off of Pearl's microphone in her King for Another Day portrait resembles a squid from the Splatoon series, while Marina's shadow in her individual portrait resembles an octopus.
- In Paruko's individual King for Another Day portrait, the screen on her Game Boy shows a level from Jack Bros., which also hinted at the contestant of the same name before they were publicly revealed.
- Off the Hook ft. Paruko are the only competitors who had victories in the King for a Day Tournament but didn't have victories in the King for Another Day Tournament. They also had the worst upset of all the veterans – the worst possible upset, in fact – going from being the runner-up to being eliminated in Losers' Round 1.
- When adding up the total amount of votes each competitor got throughout the King for Another Day Tournament, Off the Hook ft. Paruko got the most out of the competitors eliminated in Losers' Round 1, with 8780 votes.
- They and Adam Levine are the only characters to have unlisted rips. In their case, they have at least 2 unlisted rips, those being "Ebb n' Flow" and "Calamari Inkantation", respectively.
King for a DayEdit
- Their vs. quote against Will Smith references his line "Hey G, would you make me a sandwich?" from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as well as Geoffry's "No" line from the YouTube Poop The Fesh Pince of Blair.
- Their victory quote against Reggie Fils-Aimé references the "My Body is Ready" meme.
- Their victory quote against Ajit Pai references a communication error message from Splatoon 2.
- Their victory quote against Wario Bros. references the Splatoon 2 splatfest Money vs. Love.
King for Another DayEdit
- A lot of their quotes makes reference to the Splatoon series, mostly its sequel, where Off the Hook debuted from.
- Their vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion NILS Statue.
- Their victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the "squidbagging/octobagging" taunt, which is used to signal victory and mock the defeated Inkling or Octoling.
- Their victory quote against Nintendo Power references the Japan-exclusive promotional gear.
- Their victory quote against Thanos is a reference to the Splatoon 2 amusement park Wahoo World.
- Their vs. quote against King Dedede references the Ultra Stamp weapon.
- Their victory quote against Solid Snake parodies the win quote from Snake in the Super Smash Bros. series, "This is Snake - I'm done here", with the line altered in favor of Marina's nickname DJ Hyperfresh and the Splatoon character Cap'n Cuttlefish.
- Their vs. quote against Quote references the Splattershot weapon.
- Their vs. quote against Mr. Krabs includes Paruko mistaking him as Shikaku, a member of Paruko's band the Chirpy Chips due to their crab-like appearances.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references the Splatoon 2 character Mr. Grizz.
- Their victory quote against Dr. Robotnik references the team from the Splatoon 2 splatfest Mayo vs. Ketchup.
- Their vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the gear abilities, which are special attributes that are placed on wearable gear in the Splatoon series.
- Their victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell as well as their quotes against Law and Disorder references the teams from the Splatoon 2 splatfest Chaos vs. Order.
- Their victory quote against Papyrus references the Sunken Scrolls, an item in the Splatoon series.
- Their victory quote against Jack & Elmo references the various splatfest announcements Off the Hook did and the Sesame Street segment "The Number of the Day".
- Their quotes against HOBaRT references the "promised land" that Tartar told to Agent 8 that awaits them outside of Deepsea Metro after gathering all 4 thangs which forms into a massive blender before Tartar tries to grind up Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish only to be stopped by Agent 3 in Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion.
- Their victory quote against Rhythm Masters references the Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion song "Fly Octo Fly".
- Their vs. quote against Nico Nico references the fact that the Splatoon 2 live concerts were being streamed on the website Niconico, being successful big hits.
- Their vs. quote against The Jazz Cats includes Paruko mistaking donk as Judd due to their cat-like appearances as well as the mention of the Splatoon 2 band Ink Theory which compares the two's ideals of jazz.
- Their victory quote against Eminem references his song "My Band" with the lyrics altered in favor of Paruko's band the Chirpy Chips, also known as ABXY.
- Their vs. quote against Geno references the level up system of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars which is earned by defeating enough enemies in battle to gain enough experience points to level up.
- Their victory quotes against Geno and DJ Professor K references their vs. quotes against them from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their victory quote against Men in Black references the "Storm Area 51" meme.
- Their vs. quotes against Wario Partners, LLP and Solid Snake references their loss against Off the Hook ft. Paruko from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their vs. quote against DJ Professor K references the Jet Set Radio Future song "Shape Da Future".
- Their vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Girls Like You".
- Their vs. quote against Rhythm Masters references the "Go for a Perfect!" line from the Rhythm Heaven series.
- Their victory quote against Nico Nico references the Fukkireta meme.
- Their victory quote against MissingNo. references its cause to corrupt the Hall of Fame data in the Pokémon series because of its proximity to a buffer used to store decompressed sprite data, which is too small to properly hold MissingNo.'s garbage sprite data.
- Their vs. quote against Eminem references his song "Rap God".