- Nyeh heh heh! Everyone’s favorite soon-to-be member of the Royal Guard has put his human-hunting quest aside to join the competition! Equipped with his staple “battle body”, Papyrus will surely cook up a pasta dish that will trounce even the most fearsome opponents.
- —Papyrus' description on the MOJO!!
Papyrus was revealed at the beginning of the SiIva Direct • SiIva Lighthouse Live ∣ E3 2019. His brother, Sans, was originally invited, but he was too lazy to go, so Papyrus went instead. Papyrus' source list includes Undertale rips related to him, rips related to puzzle games, rips related to skeletons, and rips related to pasta.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Before Papyrus' inclusion in King for Another Day, there was an art of Wario Bros. included in its bonus package which was a bait-and-switch of there faces being replaced with Sans' and Papyrus', possibly hinting his appearance in the next tournament before being properly revealed as a contestant.
- For the livestream revealing the results of Winners' Round 2 and Losers' Round 1, Papyrus' line for winning against Quote is different from the upload of L R1 M4's results alone.
- Livestream line: "NOW UNDYNE CAN'T REFUSE ME FROM THE ROYAL GUARD AFTER FENDING OFF THOSE TINY BOSS MONSTERS!"
- Updated line: "NOT BAD, ROBOT FRIEND!!! YOU MAY HAVE FALLEN DOWN, BUT YOU CAN USE THE JETPACK YOU'VE EQUIPPED!!"
- He and The Jazz Cats are the only ones to use unique fonts in their quotes.
- In Papyrus' case, he uses a font named after him.
- The color pallet for the background as well as the bones references the "blue bone" attack Papyrus uses in Undertale.
- His quotes against Metal Ajit Pai included Papyrus mistaking him as Mettaton. The victory quote indirectly references his EX form.
- His quotes against Geno references the action figures he collected. His victory quote references his dialogue in his room at his and Sans' house during the Pacifist Route.
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the ghost character Napstablook.
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references the reveal trailer of the Switch port of Undertale.
- His victory quote against Nintendo Power references the first part of the various Yo-Kai Watch sketches.
- His victory quote against ZUN references his "Special Attack" that wasn't use due to the Annoying Dog stealing his special "bone".
- His quotes against Thanos is a reference to his dialogue in his Genocide Route encounter.
- His vs. quote against Wario Partners, LLP is a reference to "Ashley's Theme" from WarioWare: Touched!.
- His victory quote against Wario Partners, LLP references the character Count Cannoli, the main antagonist of Wario: Master of Disguise.
- His vs. quote against King Dedede references the Undertale character King Asgore.
- His victory quote against King Dedede is a reference to the "1, 2 Oatmeal" meme and a post from the Undertale Q&A Tumblr account where Flowey said that Papyrus' favorite food is oatmeal with the dinosaur eggs.
- His quotes against DJ Professor K reference how he couldn't get Napstablook's name right.
- His vs. quote against Quote references his infamous "NYEH HEH HEH!" line.
- His victory quote against Quote references the barrier on Mount Ebott into the Underground, which the Eight Humans fall into, and indirectly references the Boosters v0.8 and v2.0 which are jetpacks from the game Cave Story.
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Sugar".
- His victory quotes against Adam Levine and Mr. Krabs could reference the puns that his brother Sans made or at least one that Papyrus said in Undertale. In this case, the quotes makes use of their names to mix with the puns.
- His quotes against Johnny Bravo is taken from his dialogue in his dating segment in Undertale.
- His vs. quote against Mr. Krabs references the pub Grillby's.
- His victory quote against Mariya Takeyuchi alludes to pacifist ending in Undertale, where Frisk breaks the barrier trapping the monsters and free them all.
- His vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik as well as his victory quote against Rhythm Masters references his interest in puzzles.
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the song "Get Lucky".
- His vs. quote against Jack and Elmo references the "Dragon Warrior", the title given to Po, the main character of Kung Fu Panda which is played by Jack Black.
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references the Pacifist ending of Undertale, where he is named the ambassador of monsters.
- His vs. quote against Jack Bros. references the town Snowdin, a location in Undertale.
- His victory quote against HOBaRT references the LazyTown song "Cooking by the Book".
- The way his quotes are formatted against Nico Nico is a reference to his text in the Japanese version of Undertale, which resembles an old Japanese writing style.
- His victory quote against Donkey Kong references the Donkey Kong Country cartoon song "I'm Nobody's Hero".
- His quotes against MissingNo. are a reference to the Neutral Route's "Impossible Ending" in Undertale, in which Sans calls the player a "dirty hacker" at the end of his phone call.
- His quotes against Eminem references his song "Lose Yourself".
Frequently Ripped Tracks