It was first shown to early viewers of the stream. The real Direct aired a half-hour later in the same stream, at the 2 PM PT • 5 PM ET time that was advertised.
The video is actually a spoof of the main King for Another Day Direct. It follows a very similar structure, consisting of announcements detailing new contenders, as well as adjustments to old ones. It even announces the King for Another Day Tournament MOJO!! website was going to be cancelled.
The video continuously degrades in quality as it continues, interrupting segments to show new character reveal trailers, with the characters getting less logical and the reveal trailers getting lazier.
At the end, the video reaches its logical conclusion by "announcing" over 100 characters in the span of 2 minutes. It then emulates a computer crash, at which point wolfman1405 begins talking, showing frustration at the accidental airing of the video and assuring viewers that the real Direct would play momentarily.
Below is a list of all announcements in the direct, split into three segments.
These announcements showed brand new characters, with accompanying trailers.
Naxx Guyfieri EditHis trailer opens the direct. It consists of Naxx monologuing about his own charm and how he wants to win the tournament in order to make himself more desirable to women. His source list includes:
- John Mayer songs
- Songs about getting girls
Pickle Woodman Edit
His trailer begins at 1:29. It mirrors the style of a story from The SiIvaGunner Christmas Comeback Crisis, in which Robbie Rotten is called over by a voice that sounds like Wood Man in order for him to reveal that he has turned himself into a pickle. His source list includes:
- Music pertaining to pickles
- Rick and Morty
- High Spec Robo Go! from Sonic Mania
- Silly Songs with Larry from Veggietales
Cool Meme Team Edit
Their trailer begins at 4:40. It parodies the online show "Behind the Meme", an online series with the intent of explaining the internet's various memes. The trailer mirrors such an episode, talking about a possible contender for the tournament being split between Ugandan Knuckles, Crash Bandicoot, and Big Chungus. At the end of the trailer, they are revealed to all be included as a single contender. Their source list includes:
- Woah Crash Bandicoot
- Hitting the woah
- Big Chungus
- Ugandan Knuckles
- VR Chat
- Crash Bandicoot
- And the entire Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise
While the narrator speaks, the trailer displays a montage of various images and videos.
At 4:44, an animated curtain opens to reveal "What's the Joke" on a rainbow-striped radial background. At 4:55, the magenta King for Another Day logo is shown.
At 5:00, a badly drawn fake screenshot of "Know Your Meme: Most Popular Memes!" is shown. The entries in the list are:
- Spreingtrep [Springtrap, the FNAF character] in KFAD?!
- Rumour: Nutshack Reboot coming soon according to ResetERA [an online gaming forum]
At 5:05, a self-promotional YouTube comment from "FxGuru Skeleton", reading "PUT THE FXGURU SKELETON IN KFAD", is shown. This appears to be a reference to a 3D dancing skeleton character model.
At 5:07, another YouTube comment from "FamilyGunner" (referencing Family Guy) is shown; it says "Nyehehehe put lois in kfad she'll love it nyehehehehehe fuck that bitch".
At 5:08, this GIF of a scene from Highlander (1986) is shown. The text on the GIF reads "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!", but the narrator reads "there can only be one" instead.
At 5:11, Crash Bandicoot's animated character model, the Big Chungus image and the Ugandan Knuckles image are shown in succession.
At 5:16, the "Who won? Who's next?" scene from Lazy Polar Bear's "Greg Heffley vs Anne Frank" faux-Epic Rap Battles of History rap battle video is shown.
At 5:18, poorly edited footage of Star Trek's Captain Picard is shown; a crown becomes placed over his head. The GIF's text reads "SO MUCH WIN!".
At 5:24, a GIF from this BuzzFeed article is shown and looped several times. The GIF's text reads "But first ...".
At 5:27, the fart from Nerf This! is heard. A picture of a bathroom toilet with the YouTube logo superimposed over the top is shown, and a list of "honorable mentions" scrolls onto the screen:
- Grand Dad
- Woah Technology!
- Greg Heffley and Anne Frank
- Hobart 2
- Steve Harvet
- Let it Grow
- IMMA FIRIN MY LAZER
- I spurt on my chest
- Buddy the Elf
At 5:28, a theater stage is shown, and the animated curtain opens to reveal the Cool Meme Team. Crash Bandicoot then flies off the stage and towards the camera.
Mr. Electric Edit
His trailer begins at 6:45. It shows a scene from the movie "Sharkboy and Lavagirl", in which the main character Max attempts to receive their dream journal back from a bully named Linus. All mentions of the journal are replaced with mentions of an invitation to the tournament using text-to-speech. When Max throws the invitation at Linus, it is revealed to be for Mr. Electric. His source list is not shown.
Its trailer begins at 8:19. It begins with a clip of Vinesauce Joel selecting the Mario bootleg from which the Grand Dad meme originates, with all onscreen words removed. Afterward, the number 7 is zoomed into faster and faster, with each number having a color of Grand Dad's color scheme and ominous music playing in the background (a parody of 2001: A Space Odyssey) before revealing the "Funny 7" as a fighter. Its source list includes:
Their trailer begins at 9:22. It shows Beader and Berome both having a conversation about what characters could appear in Smash Bros. Ultimate, narrated by Beader. Berome consistently mentions characters that have already been announced for the game, until Beader gives him one last chance to suggest a character, to which he answers "what if they put us in Smash?" While they share the same trailer, they are individual fighters.
Beader's source list includes:
- Nutshack Theme
- Woodman's Theme from Megaman 2 (mm2wood too!)
- Songs featuring the number 34
- Music about Halloween
- Music from Halloween Games
- Music from all Horror Games
Berome's source list includes:
- Court themed games. (Such as Ace Attorney)
- Detective themed games
- Games featuring Clones
- Feels so good - Chuck Mangione
- Working 3 Jobs
- Songs who's composers are named Jerome
- Music about halloween
- Music from Halloween Games
- Music from all Horror Games
Old Cellphone Edit
Their trailer begins at 12:37. It begins with a person drawing over a picture in the image editing software "paint.net". The picture shows the "Mario Pissing" meme, with the text modified to say "Penis Grand Dad" and the color scheme of Mario changed to resemble Grand Dad's. The person then receives a message on their cellphone, which is is an invitation to the tournament from SiIvaGunner. Their source list includes:
Doki Doki Duo Edit
Their trailer begins at 13:51. It is a parody of the YouTube channel DidYouKnowGaming, a channel which creates videos about often obscure video game facts. The video consists of someone with a low-pitched voice claiming that Super Mario Bros. 2 is "a rom hack of Doki Doki Panic", making rigorous use of the word "gamer" or similar terminology. After talking more about this, the song "Your Reality" from Doki Doki Literature Club! begins playing, at which point the camera pans up to reveal a character from the game, Monika, on a computer screen. The fighting duo consists of Mario, reminiscent of his design from Super Mario Bros. 2, and Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club!, whose artwork is only an unfinished sketch. Their source list is not shown.
His trailer begins at 15:23. It is identical to the trailer for the Doki Doki Duo, but with the person's voice and the background music having a higher pitch. When the person places a copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 on the table, the video is cut off to reveal Mario as a contender. His art is identical to his portrait in the Doki Doki Duo. His source list is not shown.
His trailer begins at 16:00. It consists of a video created in or imitating http://talkobamato.me/ (a website that sentence mixes Obama), in which he announces that he will step down as the US President in order to join the tournament. His source list is not shown.
Mt. Rushmore Edit
Their trailer begins at 16:53. It consists of a picture of Mount Rushmore accompanied by the theme song
"America, Fuck Yeah" from the 2004 movie "Team America World Police" and onscreen text which reads out a letter from N.W. XXXIV, inviting the mountain to the tournament. After this, their eyes begin to glow red as the music becomes more energetic and their portrait is revealed. Their source list is not shown.
Grandpas Bed from Stardew Valley Edit
Its trailer begins at 17:45. It shows a screenshot from Stardew Valley in which the player character's grandpa lays asleep in bed. The song "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven plays in the background as an invitation letter appears in the man's hand. After a few seconds, the man disappears and the bed is revealed as a contender. Its source list is not shown.
These announcements discussed changes made to existing contenders in the tournament.
- The team's name was changed to "xx_wario_xx and Luigi".
- Their portraits were changed. Wario was shown alongside various memes synonymous with MLG compilations, such as text which uses the words "quick scope", "rekt", etc. and references to Mountain Dew and the titular Major Gaming League. Waluigi was changed to resemble Luigi, flipping Waluigi's regular emblem to instead be Luigi's "L", and changing his color scheme to dominantly feature green instead of purple.
- Obnoxiously loud dubstep, MLG Montage Parodies, and Luigi's Mansion music were added to their source list. Mario spinoffs and all Wario music were removed, with the exception of music from Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Their portraits were updated to "give them guns".
- His portrait was updated. The design more closely resembles the design for the original King for a Day Tournament, with all resemblance to Gundam removed.
- The Gundam franchises and all mecha sources were removed from his source list. Music from the Terminator franchise and games featuring the Terminator, such as Gears of War 5, were added.
These reveals occurred during the end of the direct and were only given a name, artwork, and source list.
Click "Expand" to read the full list.
|"Now listen closely!"
This page's transcript section is incomplete! You can help out by finishing it.
(A blue screen error screen appears, with a buzzing noise briefly playing. After a bit, wolfman1405 begins speaking.)
Wha...? What happened? S'there mor-- oh, god... Damn it, it crashed. Fuck! How much was left...? What ti-- ahh, what time is it even? What the fuck...? Shit, wasn't even supposed to start yet? We're half an hour early?!
The fuck was this, anyway?... Nutshackwoodman34, and... J-Jerome?? Oh, these fuckers again. How the hell did they even get into the rotation?
Well, the real one will go live in a bit, I guess... really wanted that Cool Meme Team though...
Naxx Trailer: Edited by wolfman1405, Artwork by Keeby, Voiceover by ThePopStarDude
Pickle Woodman Trailer: Editing by SparkBag
Berome and Beader Trailer: Editing by SparkBag, Artwork by Keeby and Sparkbag, Voiceover by 123zc1
Mr Electric Trailer: LarryInc64
Old Cell Phone Trailer: Moder112
7 trailer: Ethan64Music
Doki Doki Duo and Mario Trailers: LarryInc64
shigeru miyamoto: wolfman1405
Obama (?) Trailer: Moder112
Mt. Rushmore Trailer: Ethan64Music
Unused Audio: Ethan64Music
- The reveal for Obama has been slightly modified from the livestream version; originally, ominous music played while the camera zooms in on the Obama art. In the individual upload, the music was changed to the New Super Mario Bros. Overworld Theme and the visuals were adjusted to be in line with the rest of the reveals.
- The character concepts of Obama and the Doki Doki Duo were first bought up in "SiIvaGunner KFAD2 Direct PREDICTIONS - New Characters, Veteran Details, Mr. Bean? (Discussion)".
- Naxx Guyfieri also makes an appearance in the reveal trailer for The Jazz Cats.
- "Aberration" is spelled incorrectly twice, as "abrasion" and "abberation".
- Self Indulgent Team 1 would later get their own rip with "Tropic Tune ～On a Distant Horizon～ - SiIvaGunner: King for Another Day", with a more polished version of the artwork present in this direct.