This page contains SiIvaGunner Wiki’s user conduct policy. It describes what is considered good editor behavior at this wiki.
Guidelines for better user conduct
User conduct guidelines are general recommendations for user conduct, but gross violations may be enforced by administrative action.
- Be bold: If you find something that can be improved, improve it and encourage others to do the same.
- Be polite: It's not only important what you say but also how you say it. Be civil when talking to other people and treat them with respect. This site is built on cooperation.
- No personal attacks: Be respectful to all people, including your fellow editors and the subjects of this wiki.
- Assume good faith: Do your best to assume that other editors are trying to help unless you have evidence to the contrary. Accidents happen, and not everybody has a lot of experience with editing a wiki.
- Use edit summaries: Edit summaries are there to explain your changes - use them as often as possible. It helps with getting everybody on the same page and prevents conflicts with other editors.
User conduct rules and regulations
User conduct rules and regulations are enforced by immediate administrative action.
- Do not vandalize: Simply put, do not mess pages up on purpose. Blanking articles or sections, replacing content with nonsense or intentionally adding inaccurate information to articles is considered vandalism.
- Do not edit war: Be ready to discuss your changes with others. If you disagree with another editor, discuss the issue either on user or article talk pages. Repeatedly reverting each other's changes ("edit warring") is bound to escalate the conflict instead of solving it. If you cannot reach a consensus, ask an uninvolved user to mediate. In general, if someone reverts an edit you made, you should not re-add it without reaching a consensus on the article's talk page. Consensus does not have to be reached in cases of disruptive editing.
- Do not edit others' user pages: Pages in the "User" namespace are generally considered to be the property of the user they belong to. You can put whatever you like on your user pages (as long as you do not violate common rules of decency or insult other users) and nobody else is allowed to edit without your permission. In turn, you may not edit other users' user pages without their permission either.
- No personal attacks or attack pages: Many of our articles are about real people, some of whom read this site. Keep content and discussion civil.
User, comments, forum and blog pages
- Don't spam: Comments that are considered spam will be deleted by the staff. Examples of spam include one word posts, meaningless statements such as "siivagunner rocks/sucks" or random, nonsensical comments.
- Don't flame: Comments intended to provoke other users (flamebait) or insulting them outright (flaming) will be deleted by the staff and may be grounds for blocking.
- Don't be rude: Excessive rudeness to other posters (whether they are anonymous or not) is not welcome. Such comments will be deleted and may be grounds for blocking.
- Be readable: If your message can't be understood, it will be considered spam. Leetspeek does constitute unreadability.
- Be accountable: Users are not allowed to remove comments from message walls other than to remove insults/harassment. Administrators need easy access to a users' message wall page history. When in doubt if a post can be removed, consult an administrator. If a message wallis blanked by a user, an admin has the right to revert the blanking unless it was done to remove harassment and/or insults. If a user blanks their message wall more than 3 times. it will be considered an edit war, at which point, an admin can step in and may perform a ban at their personal discretion.
Specific rules about the wiki’s Discord chat can be found at SiIvaGunner Wiki:Chat.