Solid Snake is a character from the Metal Gear series, and a competitor in the King for a Day Tournaments. He was selected by the rippers.
Snake was the fourteenth competitor revealed on July 24, 2018. His source list included rips of games made by Hideo Kojima, such as Metal Gear and Snatcher. Snake lost to Off the Hook ft. Glenna Nalira in Match 7 of Round 1.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Solid Snake's quote|
|"Look at the size of that hammer!"|
|"Mei Ling told me this man is a master of imitation, so I cannot let him flatter me."|
|"What is that loud racket? I'm quite sure I set the codec's radio frequency correctly..."|
|"This guy seems pretty loud. Hope he doesn't blow my cover..."|
|"Colonel, he says he's with the Men in Black. You didn't tell me the FBI was getting involved with this mission!"|
|"A surveillance camera!?!?"|
|"Hrgngh... I can't let these latin rhymes get into my head..."|
|"Any of my beams can cut clean through your walls of bullets!"|
|"It's show time!"|
|"Someone at Area 51 must not be doing their job."|
|"Control of information, huh... I guess the AI was right after all..."|
|"Hhhnthrgh... Thanos cock, eh..."|
|"Otacon, should I be worried about these weird midgets being out of water?"|
|"A wooden doll, with some form of cosmic energy... it can't fall into the wrong hands."|
|"There's another one?? I can't deal with more garlic..."|
- "Kept you waiting, huh? Solid Snake makes his miraculous return to the field of battle! He seems to have snatched a stylish outfit on his way here, and it’s a look only he could pull off. His weapons are also fully-loaded this time around! Get out there and show them what you’re made of, Snake! No regrets!"
- ―Solid Snake's description on the MOJO!!
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
|Against||Solid Snake's quote|
|"Mei Ling, do you know anything on possessed toys?"|
|"Nrrghh... Otacon, they're back... and louder than ever."|
|"Colonel, it looks like some sort of spirit is possessing Weird Al..."|
|"Spanish seems to be their primary language. Good thing I'm fluent. *ahem* "Hola... compadres.""|
|"Two can play that game: 俺のいないスマブラは 売上が下がる事はわかってい たさ。"|
|"Colonel, I thought these guys were on my side? That man in the suit seems to be teaming up with a body-snatcher..."|
|"U.N. Owen... was her!?"|
|"Colonel, Thanos took his clothes off!"|
|"*cough* Colonel, it seems like I'm being assaulted with some kind of poisonous gas."|
|"The size of that hammer... have we met before?"|
|"Colonel, is this DJ connected to Fatman in any way?"|
|"Colonel, do we have any intel on this military grade android?"|
|"Baby, you think that you can hide?"|
|"What the!? Master Miller.....is that you?!"|
|"What are you, another member of the Beauty and the Beast Unit?"|
|"Hmm... I'm getting the same vibes from that hedgehog with this doctor here."|
|"Colonel, is this "Daft Punk" involved with Les Enfants Terribles? These two helmeted guys seem strangely bonded..."|
|"You're from under... where?"|
|"Another master of disguise, eh? Maybe you'll pose more of a challenge than Decoy Octopus."|
|"Colonel, this doctor is threatening to throw a grenade at me! It's even got a cool name!"|
|"Hrnghh....Super Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Method?"|
|"A stand mixer? This can't possibly be the weapon to surpass Metal Gear."|
|"Watch your back, I'm gonna kick your ass."|
|"Otacon, why is this TV referring to me as "big brother"?"|
|"Another monkey? I thought I captured all of them already."|
|"La, Li, Lu, Le, Lo... La, Li, Lu, Le, Lo..."|
|"Cats, huh? Maybe I should have brought in my sledding equipment for this match."|
|"Your name is... what?"|
|"No need for all that yelling, spiky head. It does sound pretty cool though, huh?"|
|Against||Solid Snake's quote|
|"The internet is the platform for the ever-growing knowledge and history of the human race. Your attempts to control it are as futile as the Patriots."|
|"That was a good fight. Now, tell me about the specs of that gun arm of yours."|
|"Man, those girls were obnoxious... they almost blew my cover!"|
|"Looks like you walked right into my laser sight."|
|"Hmmn... I could really go for some arroz con pollo right about now..."|
|"Mission accomplished. Now, let's get some Metal Gear titles on the Switch, shall we?"|
|"Hrnghh...I wish FOXHOUND let me wear a tuxedo on my missions..."|
|"Otacon, are you sure Touhou isn't a Japanese anime?"|
|"Hhhnthrgrh... Thanos cock..."|
|"What's this, garlic? Augh, disgusting!"|
|"What are the specs on that hammer of yours? Gotta say, I'm intrigued."|
|"That was some Good Ass Skating."|
|"Words that kill..."|
|"Hunted you down, ate you alive."|
|"Hrnnghh... probably should've noticed you had a few more limbs than usual."|
|"I won this round, but you broke my knife..."|
|"Hrmm.... Your ass isn't as good as Meryl's."|
|"Another day, another crazed robotics engineer trying to take over the world defeated..."|
|"I stayed up all night, and got lucky."|
|"Colonel, the mission is complete. The skeleton is down. I'm gettin' strange déjà-vu..."|
|"Enough of that tickling your red ass, this mission is over!"|
|"A joint a day made Piccolo lose the frey."|
|"Looks like I've won this round. All thanks to the help of my Persona, Stealth!"|
|"As I suspected."|
|"Bet you didn't think it'd be like this."|
|"Otacon, those anime girls look like the ones in your search history!"|
|"Gotcha! You're mine! ...Colonel, what do you mean this isn't the right kind of monkey?"|
|"Anomaly has been neutralized. Mission accomplished."|
|"Colonel, would you happen to know if there are any organizations willing to trade jazz instruments for weaponry?"|
|"Hrmm, the real Slim Snake has stood up."|
|"Objection! Uh, not that there's anything to object. Just felt like saying the line myself."|
- In the reveal trailer for the King for Another Day Tournament, the coat on his Snatcher-inspired outfit had a hole for his butt. Despite his final art being from the front, Hinchy confirmed on Discord that the hole is is still there.
- The background art and its static lines in it seems to resemble the codec dialog boxes from the Metal Gear series.
- His appearance in King for a Day and King for Another Day are based on his appearances in the Super Smash Bros. series, a mashup of Naked Snake's head, the sneaking suit from Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2, and the support team of Metal Gear Solid.
- His cardboard box labeling King for Another Day's title and crown is a reference to his Super Smash Bros. appearance where his box contains the Smash Ball logo and title.
- Solid Snake's pistol resembles the Beretta M9 modified with a laser pointer, silencer attachment, and to fire anesthetic rounds,, mking it a tranquilizing gunn. It serves as his weapon of choice and is featured in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
- His vs. quote against Rhythm Masters is shortened from "No more help from now on. Watch your back, I'm gonna kick your ass." to "Watch your back, I'm gonna kick your ass."
- He, Metal Ajit Pai, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and DJ Professor K are the only characters to have victories in the second tournament but none in the first one.
- He, Metal Ajit Pai, and Eminem are the only characters to have the lowest amount of rips for the tournament, totaling to 7. If including dual rips, he has 9 in total.
- Many of Snake's vs. and victory quotes give references to many characters, tropes, and relations to the Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid series.
- His vs. quote against Metal Ajit Pai references the exact tone and line delivery Naked Snake utters the line "Metal... Gear?!" to Granin in Metal Gear Solid 3.
- His victory quote against Metal Ajit Pai references The Patriots and compares the two's ideals of Internet control.
- His vs. quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references the cutscenes and gameplay in Metal Gear Solid when Psycho Mantis temporarily possesses Meryl Silverburgh.
- His vs. quote against Men in Black includes Snake calling Howard a "body-snatcher" to Colonel Campbell via codec.
- His victory quote against Men in Black includes Snake wishing FOXHOUND would've let him wear a tuxedo on his missions. Ironically, a tuxedo outfit can be worn by Solid Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss, usually unlocked after completing the game once.
- His vs. quote against ZUN references the popular trope of Snake having to needlessly question the last thing said to him in a pausing manner. In this case, this makes use of the famous extra stage boss track "U.N. Owen was Her?" to mix with this notion.
- His victory quote against Wario Partners, LLP references Snake's distain for garlic, as it was once considered as an option to him when he can catch a cold in Metal Gear Solid.
- His vs. quote against King Dedede could possibly reference the Heavy Cyborg units from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, powerful bulky soldiers equipped with massive hammers.
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K directly references Fatman, a character in Metal Gear Solid 2 who happens to also wear skates.
- His victory quote against Quote is taken from a verse from the song "Sins of the Father" from Metal Gear Solid V.
- His quotes against Johnny Bravo has Snake mistake Johnny Bravo as Master Miller, a former companion of Big Boss and drill sergeant for Solid Snake. The similarities of the two reside in their appearance of black sunglasses and yellow hair. His victory quote against him also includes Snake remarking to himself he should've noticed he had a few more limbs than usual, referencing Kazuhira Miller's lost right arm and left leg.
- His vs. quote against Mariya Takeuchi references the Beauty and the Beast Unit from Metal Gear Solid 4, a group of female soldiers corrupted with PTSD from past war experiences.
- His victory quote against Dr. Robotnik references the many robot engineers Snake has had to face off in the past such as Dr. Madnar and Dr. Kio Marv.
- His vs. quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references Les Enfants Terribles, the United States Government project to artificially create clones of Big Boss, the renowned mercenary. The connection with this information is the French name for the project, which translates to "The Terrible Children". Snake also notes to Colonel Campbell that Thomas and Guy-Man look "closely bonded", referencing Solid Snake and Liquid Snake's close connection to each other. The colorization of gray and yellow also seems to support this further.
- His victory quote against Papyrus references Skull Face, the commander of XOF and leadefromyse Unit. The line "I'm gettin' strange déjà vu..." from the non-canonical Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Déjà Vu missions.
- His vs. quote against Jack & Elmo mentions Decoy Octopus, a member of FOXHOUND known for his impeccable disguising methods. It also references Jack Black's appearance on Sesame Street where he calls himself a "master of disguise".
- His vs. quote against Jack Bros. references the way Solid Snake and Liquid Snake were born via Super Baby Method, but not until Snake starts to sing the opening vocals to the song "Mass Destruction".
- His victory quote against Jack Bros. could reference the Stealth camouflage, which is an electronic device capable of rendering the user virtually invisible.
- His vs. quote against HOBaRT references the "a weapon to surpass Metal Gear?" meme from Metal Gear Solid V, when Venom Snake rides off in a small robot.
- His quotes against Rhythm Masters references verses from the Espacio Brothers song "METAL GEAR SOLID Main Theme", featured in the beatmania series, which is a remix of the said theme from the Metal Gear series.
- His quotes against Donkey Kong references the Snake vs. Monkey missions from Metal Gear Solid 3, a crossover minigame featuring the Ape Escape series. In the game, Naked Snake must use an EZ Gun and stun grenades to capture multiple monkeys hidden in the jungle.
- His vs. quote against MissingNo. has Snake start chanting, "La Li Lu Le Lo" twice, a reference to The Patriots in the Metal Gear Solid series, a secret organization controlling the United States of America created by Zero. Ironically, Solid Snake himself is able to say "The Patriots" in the Metal Gear Solid timeline as his nanomachines are too oudated and therefore not military affiliated.
- His vs. quote against The Jazz Cats references Snake's former life as a dog musher in Twin Lakes, Alaska, where he owned fifty huskies and was thinking of entering them into Iditarod, the longest dog sled race in the world before being put out of retirement during the Shadow Moses Incident.
- His victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic references his song "Party in the CIA".
- His vs. quote against Pitbull and the Aliens references his ability to speak fluently in six languages. Although not officially listed, we can assume one of these is Spanish.
- His vs. quote against Nintendo Power references his appearance like many other returnees in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becoming a major selling point for fans.
- His vs. quote against Thanos references the line said to Zero Suit Samus during the Codec Easter Egg in which he says "Samus took her clothes off!" This also is a reference to Thanos losing his armor in King for Another Day in favor for his Disney inspired outfit.
- His victory quote against Thanos is a carryover from King for a Day, where it is instead used as a victory quote rather than a vs. quote.
- His victory quote against DJ Professor K is a reference to the EVO 2019 one-off joke where Solid Snake makes a call on the Tekken 7 Grand Finals monitor and a Cameo-commissioned audio clip of David Hayter plays saying, "That was some good-ass Tekken".
- His quotes against Adam Levine is taken from some lines in the Maroon 5 song "Animals".
- His quotes against Mr. Krabs is directly referenced from an old Newgrounds animation "CRAB BATTLE!" by Chris Boe, where Naked Snake is brutally injured and killed by a Kenyan Mangrove Crab.
- His vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references Snake's bitter treatment towards Sonic the Hedgehog seen in the Codec Easter Egg in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell references the main chorus of "Get Lucky".
- His vs. quote against Papyrus could reference one of the most timeless "dad jokes" , the "under where?" joke.
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo references Android 17's line from the episode of Dragon Ball Z Abridged "Percussive Maintenance" after Piccolo uses his Hellzone Grenade technique on him.
- His victory quote against Dr. Piccolo references Solid Snake's love for cigarettes.
- His vs. quote against Nico Nico includes Snake asking Otacon via codec why she is calling him "big brother", a reference to Billy Herrington (Aniki). This connection is made as Solid Snake does in fact have two brothers, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake.
- His victory quote against Nico Nico makes reference to the "search history" joke as well as Otacon's passion for anime as an otaku.
- His vs. quote against Eminem directly takes the first line from one of Eminem's songs, "My Name Is".
- His victory quote against Eminem references his song "The Real Slim Shady".
- His victory quote against Law & Disorder includes the famous "Objection!" line from the Ace Attorney series.
Main series: Metal Gear • Snake's Revenge • 2: Solid Snake
Solid series: Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes) • 2: Sons of Liberty • 3: Snake Eater • 4: Guns of the Patriots
V: The Phantom Pain
Portable: Ghost Babel • Portable Ops • Peace Walker