Thanos is a character from the Marvel comics, and a competitor in the King for a Day Tournaments. He was initially selected as a popular fan submission, being #4 in the ballot overall.
Thanos was revealed as the eleventh competitor on July 21, 2018. His source list included rips from Marvel games, as well as rips related to "Fireflies" by Owl City and rips from Fortnite. Thanos killed Ajit Pai in Match 6 of Round 1, but was ultimately defeated by Reggie in Match 3 of Round 2.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments. The rest are from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
- "I've battled against foes wielding much more powerful hammers. Yours does not impress me."
- "How can humans be entertained by such primitive instruments?"
- "You ought to hope they have radio stations inside the Soul Stone."
- "I've acquired more stones in this gauntlet than games you have completed."
- "The Prince of Bel-Air? This planet has such low standards for rulers."
- "Stark, I think you've lost one of your parts."
- "With a snap of my fingers, they'll have to call you "Mr. Hemispherewide"."
- "You would not believe your eyes if all your precious Youkai across the world perished before me."
- "Your "entertainment" only serves as a distraction from the sheer imbalance of your world."
- "You waste your extraterrestrial abilities on dancing? Pitiful."
- "Your attempts to balance the world are laughable."
- "Humans do not deserve the likes of you inferior creatures."
- "Your entire life has been spent fighting a worthless cause."
- "A warrior of the stars? Perhaps you'd be interested in aiding my cause."
- "When we're done, your criminal duo will have become a sole act."
- "You should've gone for the head, too."
- "You are a true parody of the human race."
- "At least he had fine musical taste, it was an honor to snap him."
- "Yell and scream all you want, there's no changing your destiny to fall by my hand."
- "Tell your men in black they're next."
- "Scrap metal."
- "True to your name - as stupid as a dog."
- "I'd like to make myself believe Gensokyo dies slowly."
- "You were just as pathetic in real life as you were in Fortnite."
- "Titanians remain the surperior race."
- "As mundane as it is, humans can have their silly... entertainment, while it lasts."
- "No one is truly off the hook from their ultimate demise."
- "Hide like the coward you are."
- "A child's plaything. Waste of my time."
- "Ultimate is now perfectly balanced, as all things should be."
- "With the newfound power of Disney behind him, Thanos re-enters the fight! After the previous tournament upset the balance of the universe, this Deviant once again seeks to restore it. Gauntlet on his fist and mouse cap on his head, the Mad Titan is prepared to win the tournament, and, of course, celebrate by going to Disneyland with those sweet half-length lines — there is only a 1 in 14,000,605 chance that he won’t!"
- ―Thanos' description on the MOJO!!
In Round 1, Thanos went up against Dr. Piccolo and lost, but in Round 1 of the Loser's Bracket, he defeated Pitbull and the Aliens. He faced off against Donkey Kong in Round 2 of the Loser's Bracket and was eliminated.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Despite Fortnite-related rips being removed from Thanos' source list in the King for Another Day Tournament, the music for the tournament's reveal trailer still uses the "Dance Moves" Fortnite emote theme to represent him, likely due to his source list not being decided yet.
- In King for Another Day, Thanos is the only non-faceless character whose face is not focused on during their VS. screen. Instead, the camera zooms into his crotch.
- His vs. quote against Geno references the film series Star Wars.
- His vs. quotes against King Dedede and Solid Snake are references to Thor and Captain America respectively. Specifically the encounters they had in "Avengers Infinity War".
- His vs. quote against DJ Professor K references Thanos' love for "Death", which his love for her basically started the comic arc of "Infinity Gauntlet"
- His victory quote against Quote is a reference to Thanos' adopted daughter, Nebula.
- His vs. quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Misery".
- His victory quote against Adam Levine references the Maroon 5 song "Maps".
- His victory quote against Daft Punk ft. Pharrell is a nod to his victory quote against Unregistered HyperCam 2 in the previous King for a Day tournament, in which he said the same thing.
- His vs. quote against Papyrus indirectly references Papyrus' death in Undertale, where he was beheaded before dissolving into dust.
- His victory quote against Jack & Elmo is a reference to Avengers: Infinity War. In that movie, Thanos sacrifices someone while sadly saying "I'm sorry, little one..."
- His vs. quote against Dr. Piccolo is a reference to Doctor Strange in the movie Avengers: Infinity War.
- His quotes against Rhythm Masters references the song "It's a Small World".
- His vs. quote against The Jazz Cats references the Flerken species, who are alien creatures resembling cats.
- His victory quote against The Jazz Cats is a reference to the song "Countdown".
- His vs. quote against Eminem references his song "Rap God".
- His victory quote against Eminem references the end of D12's "My Band".
See also Edit
- Thanos - Music Samples - a playlist of Thanos-related sources.