Like "The Lost Rip", it is a Nutshackwoodman34 story, and it is based on the real-life termination, legal case surrounding, and return of the SiIvaGunner channel.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
The SiIvaGunner channel is being sued by Sony Entertainment Music Japan and faces the risk of being terminated. Since SiIva is asleep, Wood Man has to represent him at the trial, which is being held in Grandiose City Court.
Woodman takes a seat at the defendant's table and notices that his opponent, Sony, has none other than Phoenix Wright as their lawyer. Wood Man begins to sweat as the harsh Judge Jerome takes his place in the courtroom.
The court goes into session. Phoenix Wright gives his opening statement, saying that his client claims that SiIvaGunner has used music that infringes on Sony's copyright, meaning that the videos containing said copyrighted material should be removed, and SiIva's YouTube channel should be terminated. Wood Man's lawyer, John Notwoodman, gives his own opening statement, which maintains that SiIvaGunner's use of Sony's material was in complete compliance with fair use, as Wood Man mysteriously disappears.
Wright presents all 7 rips containing Sony's music as his first piece of evidence, then calls Mr. YouTube to the stand as his first witness. Wright determines that YouTube's automated copyright detection system went off when on hearing Sony's music in the 7 rips, and that anyone who violates copyright so egregiously shouldn't have a place on YouTube's platform. After YouTube returns to their seat, Wright calls Bane to the stand as his next witness, but Notwoodman interrupts and tells the Judge that they shouldn't be allowed to use a former collaborator with SiIva against him. Judge Jerome agrees immediately, which Wright reluctantly complies with.
Wright then calls his final witness to the stand, the Grinch. As a proud stakeholder in Sony Entertainment, The Grinch claims to own the songs used in the rips, and that the rips infringe on his and Sony's copyright. Wright is about to dismiss the Grinch, but Notwoodman says that it's his turn to have witnesses, the first of which will be the Grinch. The Judge says he'll allow it after lunch break. Wright objects, saying that Notwoodman skipped cross examination, but Judge Jerome takes Notwoodman's side.
After lunch break, the trial resumes. John Notwoodman gets The Grinch to admit that during his channel takeover, he had full jurisdiction over the videos being uploaded, meaning that he allowed Sony's songs to appear on the channel. Judge Jerome wants to make a ruling, but by law John Notwoodman needs at least two more witnesses. Notwoodman calls Count Cannoli to the stand, but he accomplishes nothing before being shot by Mr Rental. Notwoodman then calls Nozomi Tojo to the stand, who gives a very moving speech before taking her seat. After a good five minutes, Notwoodman reveals his final witness: another Jerome.
The Jury give their final verdict: not guilty. Judge Jerome agrees with this verdict, to which Wright completely loses it, yelling that if he can't use Bane then Notwoodman shouldn't be allowed to use the Grinch, then punches Notwoodman and rips off his mustache while being arrested for contempt of court.
Wood Man and Bane decides to go get some victory lunch. The Grinch asks if he can join them, but Wood Man flips him off and walks off with Bane.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Click "Show transcript" to see the transcript.
Narration: [6:00 AM]
Contributors[edit | edit source]
According to the credits:
- SparkBag (as Wood Man, John Notwoodman, Haltmann and The Grinch)
- James "CaptainComedy" Avestruz (as Phoenix Wright)
- Keeby10 (as Bane)
- PinkieOats (as Bob Dylan)
- Hinchy (as The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center)
- Nathaniel Welchert (as Nathaniel Welchert)
- LarryInc64 (as LarryInc64)
- 123zc (as the Judge Jerome Intro Voiceover)
- Alexander A. McDonald (as Lifevest Kid)
- Count Cannoli (as Count Cannoli)
- Kolyasisan (as Eric Andre, misspelled as Kolyansisan)
- thefluffyslipper (as Minions, Nozomi and Chaze the Chat)
- Chaze the Chat (as Gaijin Goomba and Chaze The Churkey)
- SmokyThrill77 (as Chase)
- Phil (as Hancho)
- Cavenyan (as Chaze)
- SAM (as Mr. YouTube)
- Microsoft Sam (as Mr. Rental)
- Chaze The Chat
- Count Cannoli
- Alexander A. McDonald
Judge Jerome Intro Sequence:
- Battling Theme - Winnie The Pooh Home Run Derby
- Katamari on the Memes - Xarlable
- Judge Jerome Theme - LarryInc64
- Despicable Me (Instrumental) - Pharrell Williams
- Slammed - LarryInc64
- Most Generic Youtube Song Ever - Sylvysprit
- People's Court Mario 3 Rip - LarryInc64
- Bitch I'm Yours - Keeby10
- Snake Eater Instrumental
- You're A Mean One Mr Grinch Instrumental - Jordan Smith
- Ace Attorney and Professor Layton soundtracks
- Shy Bandit's Theme - VvvvvaVvvvvvr/ChristopherLry!
- The Silver Zephyr - Ivan
- Dire Halation - Avolience
- Bonus Room Blitz (PAL Version) - toonlink
- Night Court Theme
- The SiIvaGunner Team
- Cranky Kong
- The Voice's Dildo
- The McDonald Corporation
- Computer Corporation
- Haltmann Works Co.
- and You.
- (soulja boy tell em)
- Sony Entertainment Music Japan
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like "The Lost Rip", this rip's story was posted to FanFiction.net as "Unusual Circumstances - A SiIvagunner Fanfiction by Nutshackwoodman34" by the user nutshackwoodman34 eight days before the video's release.
- The credit to "The Voice's Dildo" is a reference to "The Lost Rip".
- The credits to "The McDonald Corporation" and "Computer Corporation" are references to fictional companies that are owned by characters made by Keeby and SparkBag, respectively.
- During the court sequence, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is erroneously referred to as "Haltmann".
- Like The Life and Times of Wade L.D, and I Wanna Thank Me, The video's title spells SiIvaGunner with an uppercase i, unlike most other episodes of the CCC.
- The characters that appear in the backgrounds of this episode's art are as follows in no particular order:
- Count Cannoli
- Shura (a character made by LarryInc64)
- Peter Griffin
- Johnny Test
- Ratt and Fiji Man (characters made by TheFluffySlipper)
- Dr. Awesome
- King Hippo
- Carpaccio from Wario: Master of Disguise
- Computer, Marci, and Diana (characters made by SparkBag)
- the NPC meme
- a goomba
- the version of Cuphead from the 3lameStudio video "I have a hole in my brain"
- a chicken from Chicken Invaders 2
- Unregistered HyperCam 2
- Steve from Minecraft
- Diddy Kong
- Supahstar Clod
- Waddle Doo
- Wilma Flintstone
- a Koopa
- a Bob-Omb
- Medley, Broomy, Kanvas, Helen, and Kay (5 characters made by Lenox)
- Bianca from Pokémon Gen 5
- The Beatles
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Angry Video Game Nerd
- Cutman (a reference to StarJeti who worked on this episode)
- Bart Simpson
- Judge Judy
- Reimu from the Touhou Project
- Alexander A. McDonald (the goomba from "mario pissing")
- Coraline from Ultimate Angler, who is often associated with Marrow
- Rad Dad, Doodle, Scribble, and Milk Kid (characters made by Keeby10)
- Slider and Dr. Dolby (characters made by Alexander A. McDonald)
- Kirino Kousaka
- Homestar Runner
- Donkey Kong
- Crash Bandicoot
- Mike Wazowski
- Metal Ajit Pai
- 2B and Wade L.D.
- Underbeef Sans
- Masked Dedede
- Charlie Brown
- Hatsune Miku
- Adam Levine
- King K. Rool