Wario Partners, LLP, previously known as the Wario Bros., is a team in the King for a Day Tournament and King for Another Day Tournament, consisting of the Mario characters Wario and Waluigi. Wario was selected by the rippers, while Waluigi was selected as a popular fan submission, being #2 in the ballot overall. They were combined into one character.
The Wario Bros. were the twelfth competitors revealed on July 22, 2018. Their source list included rips from Wario games as well as Mario sports games. They defeated Geno in Match 8 of Round 1, but lost to Off the Hook ft. Paruko in Match 4 of Round 2.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Wario Bros.'s quote|
|"You idiot! You don't play tennis with a hammer!"|
|"Ripping off music? Sounds like a gig I'd want to get in on!"|
|"If you had just agreed to make music for my microgames, it wouldn't have had to come to this..."|
|"Hey! Being the skinny loud one is my schtick!"|
|"Whoa, a prince? Does that mean you're rich?"|
|"How about a tutorial on 'how to get free registered torrent?'"|
|"Let's see if this schmuck knows the Destruction Dance!"|
|"Hey! Letting chumps make microgames for me was my idea!"|
|"I don't even need to be a fighter to beat you at Smash!"|
|"So do you guys know Orbulon or what?"|
|"What!? Paying to access websites!? Only WARIO is that evil!"|
|"A guy with a glove like this has gotta be stinkin' rich!"|
|"Chiptune? Not even 9-Volt would be into that music of yours!"|
|"Hey, lurking in the shadows is MY thing! Quit cramping my style!"|
|"I wonder how much this doll is worth?"|
|Against||Wario Bros.'s quote|
|"With him out of the way, a slot is free for the great WALUIGI to join Smash!"|
|"You were right about one thing: with my kind of money, this is the life!"|
|"I've already dealt with enough big-haired hippies, so get lost!"|
|"I'll take that ad revenue off your hands. Wahahaha!"|
|"You wish you could forget about a loss like that. Wahahaha!"|
|"Make sure you get some good footage of this purple prize!"|
|"Looks like Mr. Worldwide has never been to Wario's World. Wahaha!"|
|"Give up on those "danmoku" games and maybe I'll let you make some microgames for me! Wahahahaha!"|
|"Tell Sakurai we're coming for him next!"|
|"A song like "Money Longer" suits me better anyway!"|
|"You're gonna have to censor a beatdown that hard!"|
|"Purple's more my color!"|
|"You three will never be as fresh as me!"|
|"Now you can be in my shadow!"|
|"Wahahahahaha! We're gonna make a fortune offa this puppet!"|
- "Wario’s successful game development company has set the business world on fire, and a strategic partnership with a certain street food business has created the corporate merger of the century: Wario Partners, LLP! They’re wasting no time diversifying — now in addition to making games, they’re kicking ass and taking names. And thus, their first order of business: win that tournament and get all that sweet free advertising! Wahaha!"
- ―Wario Partners, LLP's description on the MOJO!!
In Round 1, they went up against Johnny Bravo and won before losing to "Weird Al" Yankovic in Round 2. In Round 2 of the Loser's Bracket, they faced off against Metal Ajit Pai and won, but lost to Mariya Takeuchi in Round 3 of Loser's.
Lines in bold were used in the tournaments.
- Wario is one of four characters to be both a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series and a competitor in the King for Another Day Tournament, the others being Donkey Kong, King Dedede, and Solid Snake.
- Additionally, Wario is the only instance of such a character being part of a team.
- Wario is also the only character to compete in the King for Another Day tournament using a design identical to that of their appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (a trait formerly shared with King Dedede and Solid Snake in the King for a Day Tournament). Despite this, Wario gets a unique icon different from that of his Smash Ultimate stock icon.
- Wario Partners, LLP are the only veterans to place in the top half of both tournaments
- Their vs. quote against Geno references their victory quote against him in the previous King for a Day Tournament
- Their vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references both of the latter's loss in the second round from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references the game WarioWare: D.I.Y..
- Their victory quote against Weird Al as well as their quotes against HOBaRT and vs. quote against Eminem references the fictional mock game Waluigi's Taco Stand.
- Their victory quote against King Dedede references the game Kirby: Triple Deluxe and his Wario Deluxe form from the game WarioWare Gold.
- Their vs. quote against Solid Snake references the Metal Gear Solid 3 Pachislot.
- Their victory quote against Solid Snake uses Fatman's most popular quote, "Laugh and grow fat!" from Metal Gear Solid 2.
- Their victory quote against DJ Professor K is a play on words of the Jet Set Radio Future song "Teknopathetic".
- Their victory quote against Adam Levine references the game WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references the Super Mario Land 2 commercial which has been a meme, used as a YTP source which has spawned several parodies such as the popular "Obey Weegee, Destroy Mario".
- Their victory quote against Jack Bros. is a reference to one of Wario's eight transformations, Thief Wario, also known as Purple Wind, from the game Wario: Master of Disguise.
- His victory quote against Eminem references his song "My Band".
See also Edit
- Wario Bros. - Music Samples - a playlist of Wario Bros.-related sources.