Wario Partners, LLP, previously known as the Wario Bros., is a team in the King for a Day Tournament and King for Another Day Tournament, consisting of the Mario characters Wario and Waluigi. Wario was selected by the rippers, while Waluigi was selected as a popular fan submission, being #2 in the ballot overall. They were combined into one character.
The Wario Bros. were the twelfth competitors revealed on July 22, 2018. Their source list included rips from Wario games as well as Mario sports games. They defeated Geno in Match 8 of Round 1, but lost to Off the Hook ft. Paruko in Match 4 of Round 2.
Lines without a link come from the "All Victory Fanfares and VS Lines!" video.
|Against||Wario Bros.'s quote|
|"You idiot! You don't play tennis with a hammer!"|
|"Ripping off music? Sounds like a gig I'd want to get in on!"|
|"If you had just agreed to make music for my microgames, it wouldn't have had to come to this..."|
|"Hey! Being the skinny loud one is my schtick!"|
|"Whoa, a prince? Does that mean you're rich?"|
|"How about a tutorial on 'how to get free registered torrent?'"|
|"Let's see if this schmuck knows the Destruction Dance!"|
|"Hey! Letting chumps make microgames for me was my idea!"|
|"I don't even need to be a fighter to beat you at Smash!"|
|"So do you guys know Orbulon or what?"|
|"What!? Paying to access websites!? Only WARIO is that evil!"|
|"A guy with a glove like this has gotta be stinkin' rich!"|
|"Chiptune? Not even 9-Volt would be into that music of yours!"|
|"Hey, lurking in the shadows is MY thing! Quit cramping my style!"|
|"I wonder how much this doll is worth?"|
|Against||Wario Bros.'s quote|
|"With him out of the way, a slot is free for the great WALUIGI to join Smash!"|
|"You were right about one thing: with my kind of money, this is the life!"|
|"I've already dealt with enough big-haired hippies, so get lost!"|
|"I'll take that ad revenue off your hands. Wahahaha!"|
|"You wish you could forget about a loss like that. Wahahaha!"|
|"Make sure you get some good footage of this purple prize!"|
|"Looks like Mr. Worldwide has never been to Wario's World. Wahaha!"|
|"Give up on those "danmoku" games and maybe I'll let you make some microgames for me! Wahahahaha!"|
|"Tell Sakurai we're coming for him next!"|
|"A song like "Money Longer" suits me better anyway!"|
|"You're gonna have to censor a beatdown that hard!"|
|"Purple's more my color!"|
|"You three will never be as fresh as me!"|
|"Now you can be in my shadow!"|
|"Wahahahahaha! We're gonna make a fortune offa this puppet!"|
- "Wario’s successful game development company has set the business world on fire, and a strategic partnership with a certain street food business has created the corporate merger of the century: Wario Partners, LLP! They’re wasting no time diversifying — now in addition to making games, they’re kicking ass and taking names. And thus, their first order of business: win that tournament and get all that sweet free advertising! Wahaha!"
- ―Wario Partners, LLP's description on the MOJO!!
In Round 1, they went up against Johnny Bravo and won before losing to "Weird Al" Yankovic in Round 2. In Round 2 of the Loser's Bracket, they faced off against Metal Ajit Pai and won, but lost to Mariya Takeuchi in Round 3 of Loser's.
Lines without a link come from the "All Vs/Victory Lines" video.
|Against||Wario Partners, LLP quote|
|"Step aside, wastebasket! We've got an online enterprise to run!"|
|"Hey, didn't we sell you off for a handful of coins?...I guess a few more won't hurt! Wahahaha!"|
|"We bet money on you guys last time and you STILL didn't win! You're gonna pay for ruining our plans!"|
|"Even with that so-called "stand" of yours, you're in for a Wario World of pain!"|
|"Only I'm smart enough to leech off other people's work for my career! Out of my way!"|
|"Just because you used to be our boss doesn't mean we're not gonna pulverize ya!"|
|"I ain't handin Orbulon over to you clowns! He makes me some good money!"|
|"You can put as many of those tennis balls on screen as you want, they will never stand a chance against my mighty racket!"|
|"PFFFT...WAAAHAHAHAAA!! Nice mouse ears, loser!"|
|"Hey, big guy! We might go easy on you if you showed us the way to the Great Cave Offensive!"|
|"Wahaha, surely you can arrange a lucrative pinball related business deal with Konami for those suckers in the west!"|
|"Sadly for you, we won't feel guilty beating up an old man."|
|"Looks like Dr. Crygor's broken Mike prototype decided to climb out of the dumpster, wahahahaha!"|
|"Your face is gonna be maroon when we're done with it!"|
|"Hey, look at that big-haired hot-shot! He's gotta be loaded!"|
|"Hand over every last cent you got, ya big red bozo, or else we'll beat it out of you!"|
|"Hey, baby. How would you like my spaghetti meatball sauce all over you? Hehehehe!"|
|"After this scrapping, you'll learn to obey Wario!"|
|"Oooh...Those helmets are really shiny! HAND THEM OVER CHUMPS!"|
|"Well look what we got here, a dry bones reject! Wahahaha!"|
|"Hey bro, we've been trying to sell the wrong puppet all along! This one is famous and not obscure! TAKE HIM AWAY!"|
|"I'm starting to get really tired of seeing doctors all the time, I'm FINE! Go make your money!... Actually wait no, give it to me!"|
|"Tell ya what, give us all the gold you're carrying and we might let you walk away with your lives."|
|"Hey bro, didn't you open a taco stand? I think this thing would come in handy making it a huge success!"|
|"Rhythm, eh? Well, sucks for you! I'm a dancing genius!"|
|"Watch out, I've got good practice launchin' remotes through television screens."|
|"Did you just say something about a Crystal Coconut? You mind telling us what kind of crystal? Just curious, wahahaha!"|
|"Hmph, you look like one of those computer bugs I got on Crygor's laptop once."|
|"You three better not be princesses as well, I've got more important things to worry about this time!"|
|"Work for me, and I promise big bucks! For me anyways...My tacos really need that extra spice, so it costs extra!"|
|"Uh oh...uhhh, everything is going WONDERFUL at our company! Over here at Wario Partners, LLP, we take things seriously!"|
|Against||Wario Partners, LLP quote|
|"Hmm... I wonder how much Crygor would pay for all these spare parts!"|
|"What goes around comes around, and money is what makes the world go round!"|
|"As they say: if you want a job done right, Do It Yourself! Wahahahaaaa!"|
|"Wahahaha, maybe you would've stood a chance had it been a taco stand!"|
|"These aliens are gonna make expensive hit albums for us worldwide!"|
|"Wow, if you were that easy to beat, it's no wonder how that moron Mario beats Bowser all the time..."|
|"Hey, if you give a nice price, we might change our mind about Wario's alien friend..."|
|"And tell those pesky rabbits to get off my moon! That's Wario's private property!"|
|"Woah, you had the power...of a monopoly!? Gotta say, I'm jealous!"|
|"Triple Deluxe? I'm a bigger fan of Wario Deluxe. Haha!"|
|"Laugh and grow fat! Waaaahahahahaha!"|
|"It looks like you really are "techno pathetic" after all! Wahahaha!"|
|"I think we can make a nice karaoke machine out of what's left of you!"|
|"There are no moves like Wario's smooth moves!"|
|"Wahh!? This guy's a penniless phony! What a waste of time..."|
|"ALL YOUR MONEY IS GONE! Wahahahahaaa!"|
|"Wagh! I'd rather listen to Mona ramble on about her pizzas than tolerate another second of your "singing"!"|
|"...And your moustache is stupid!"|
|"You really called yourselves punks? Wahahahahah! You could never compare to us! We the winner!"|
|"That spaghetti of yours stinks even for my standards!"|
|"WAHAHAH! Did you think that stop sign would stop us from being rotten? Say goodbye to your little friend!"|
|"How much are these pills worth? Are they even legal? Eh, who cares! Daily dose = daily cash!"|
|"You freaks had no chance against Purple Wind, the Phantom Thief!"|
|"With this machine, my taco stand will become the greatest stand in the world! Wahahaha!"|
|"Wahh? Off beat? Surely, I would never rig a fair competition like that..."|
|"How lucky, I needed a TV for my room!"|
|"Wah? These bananas are what you call money? Forget everything! Take them back for all I care!"|
|"Hey, what's the glitch for unlimited cash?"|
|"Cute animals, good enough music...I think we got ourselves composers for our next game! AND album! It'll be a hit!"|
|"I could care less about some girl's underpants, I just want them to pay up! Hurry up!"|
|"See? Told you! NOW SCRAM! NEVER COME BACK! WE'RE DOING FINE!"|
- Wario is one of four characters to be both a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series and a competitor in the King for Another Day Tournament, the others being Donkey Kong, King Dedede, and Solid Snake.
- Additionally, Wario is the only instance of such a character being part of a team.
- Wario is also the only character to compete in the King for Another Day tournament using a design identical to that of their appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (a trait formerly shared with King Dedede and Solid Snake in the King for a Day Tournament). Despite this, Wario gets a unique icon different from that of his Smash Ultimate stock icon.
- Wario Partners, LLP are the only veterans to place in the top half of both tournaments.
King for a DayEdit
- Their vs. quote against Pitbull references the Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix song "Destruction Dance".
- Their vs. quote against Dancing Alien Team references the character Orbulon from the WarioWare series.
King for Another DayEdit
- Their vs. quote against Geno references their victory quote against him in the previous King for a Day Tournament
- Their vs. quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references both of the latter's loss from the previous King for a Day Tournament.
- Their victory quote against Off the Hook ft. Paruko references the game WarioWare: D.I.Y..
- Their victory quote against "Weird Al" Yankovic as well as their quotes against HOBaRT and vs. quote against Eminem references the fictional mock game Waluigi's Taco Stand.
- Their quotes against Men in Black references the character Orbulon from the WarioWare series.
- Their victory quote against ZUN references the moon rabits from the Touhou Project series, as well as the perfect ending to Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land where Wario gets ownership of the moon.
- Their vs. quote against King Dedede references the Kirby Super Star sub-game The Great Cave Offensive.
- Their victory quote against King Dedede references the game Kirby: Triple Deluxe and his Wario Deluxe form from the game WarioWare Gold.
- Their vs. quote against Solid Snake references the Metal Gear Solid 3 Pachislot.
- Their victory quote against Solid Snake uses Fatman's most popular quote, "Laugh and grow fat!" from Metal Gear Solid 2.
- Their victory quote against DJ Professor K is a play on words of the Jet Set Radio Future song "Teknopathetic".
- Their victory quote against Adam Levine references the game WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
- Their vs. quote against Mariya Takeuchi references a line said by Wario in this in-character press conference meant to advertise Wario World.
- Their victory quote against Mariya Takeuchi references the song "Mona Pizza" from Wario Ware: Touched!.
- Their vs. quote against Dr. Robotnik references the Super Mario Land 2 commercial which has been a meme, used as a YTP source which has spawned several parodies such as the popular "Obey Weegee, Destroy Mario" meme.
- Their vs. quote against Jack & Elmo references their victory against Geno in the previous tournament, drawing the parallel that both Elmo and Geno are puppets.
- Their victory quote against Jack Bros. is a reference to one of Wario's eight transformations, Thief Wario, also known as Purple Wind, from the game Wario: Master of Disguise. A reference to the Phantom Thieves of Hearts from Persona 5 is also made here.
- Their vs. quote against the Rhythm Masters references Waluigi's role in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.
- Their vs. quote against The Jazz Cats references Wario Land 4, specifically how Princess Shokora was turned into a cat, and only turns back at the end of the game.