- "nice >:]"
- ―Wood Man
Wood Man is a boss from the Mega Man series and the personification of the mm2wood meme, and more generally the eponymous frequently ripped "Wood Man" track. On the SiIvaGunner channel, he is one of the main characters in the lore of the channel, acting as the in-universe connection between the team and the channel's viewers.
Wood Man (codename DWN-016) is a Robot Master from the Mega Man franchise, created by Doctor Albert W. Wily. He was designed by Masakatsu Ichikawa thanks to a character-design contest. His theme song was composed by Takashi Tateishi.
First appearing as a boss in Mega Man 2, Wood Man subsequently became one of the most infamous Robot Masters in the series—although some part of his fame is somewhat ironic due to his seemingly lackluster "wood" attribute. Indeed, he was ranked last out of all the Robot Masters in a classment by MTV. His main ability Leaf Shield became one of Mega Man's trademark moves, appearing in games such as Marvel vs. Capcom and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
On SiIvaGunner, Wood Man is represented by a crude Microsoft Paint drawing, as a representation of the mm2wood MIDI, which is a bad arrangement of Wood Man's theme from Mega Man 2.
He then appeared on the album cover of GilvaSunner's Highest Quality Video Game Rips: Volume 7: Part mm2wood. He is supposedly the "culprit" responsible for "corrupting" the artist names/song titles in the albums, as referred to by SiIvaGunner in the description of "Title Theme & Ending - 7 GRAND DAD".
His catchphrase is the word "nice", followed by his face, which is represented by the smiley ">:]". The catchphrase started appearing during the time he was controlling SiIvaGunner's Twitter on November 2016.
Since The SilvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special, Wood Man appears regularly in high quality rips on the channel.
In The SilvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special
Wood Man took over the channel around Halloween 2016. It was later revealed that he had been commended to do so by The Voice Inside Your Head to "keep the idea of [him] alive" while programming a way to bring him back into the real world, although all the rips uploaded were of Wood Man's initiative to entertain people.
He had control of the YouTube and Twitter accounts of SiIvaGunner until November 30, 2016, using the Twitter account to post various statements about himself or his fellow Robot Masters. That day, he left to fight Mega Man.
In some lore videos and tweets, it is implied that the 8-Bit Beast (representing Haunted House, the most prominent meme in Halloween Horror Specials) is actually Wood Man in a werewolf-esque transformation. This is unconfirmed, as in The SiIvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special Part III: Episode 3, it is revealed that the beast is Jeff the Killer.
Wood Man first appears as a cameo during the prologue, in which the aftermath of the Halloween event can be seen, with SiIvaGunner's house being redecorated to Wood Man's likeness.
He then formally appears in "Old Times" in which the Voice explains to him how he was born by accident when he uploaded "Main Theme (OST Version) - Mighty No 9" and the nature of Figments and Humans, while revealing him that he is a unique Figment able to do things only hybrids like the Voice are usually able to do like passing from the digital world to the real world. The Voice then used Wood Man's code to transfer the Figments into the real world, where should they be killed will disappear forever. He then orders him to kill Smol Nozomi, his nemesis. Although reluctant (as it is not a really "nice" thing to do) he still obeys as the Voice's creation.
When he tries to execute Nozomi in "Will of a Knight", he quickly realizes how glitched and ineffective he truly is, his Leaf Shield being utterly useless and his own arm falling down before he could even punch her. He retreats to the Voice's HQ and meets Robbie Rotten in "Haltmann" who tries to capture him with a net, mistaking him for a superhero on the run. Reveling that he actually is a villain, he proposes an alliance with Robbie to capture a real hero: Nozomi.
During the Monochrome Pause, Wood Man was once again in commands of the channel, slowly uploading rips while searching for a way to unpause the channel, although all of this without the consent of the Voice. He was later seen in "Loves the Ladies" watching Haruka Amami's performance as "Susie" with Robbie on a portable device.
In "Timbre of a Kazoo", it is revealed Wood Man can transform into a mecha-like form. He and Robbie use this form to try and capture Nozomi, Meta Knight, and Santa Claus. Santa ends up defeating the two and forcing them to surrender. They then leave disappointed in their failure.
In the side story "Wood Man & Robbie Rotten", it is revealed that he is aware of the REAL real world's time moving on, while he and the rest of the cast is stuck in 2016. It is also revealed that he can escape the SiIvaGunner world at any time, he just chooses not to, as he wants his friends to be free, too.
- His departure from SiIvaGunner's Twitter & YouTube accounts to fight Mega Man coincides with the month of the release of Mega Man 2 in the US.
- Wood Man learned his "nice" catchphrase from Michael Rosen.
- Wood Man occasionally posts on the channel's Community tab and on SiIvaGunner's Twitter account.
- After the MAGFest 2019 SiIvaGunner panel he ran the channel's Twitter. Besides attempting to get the channel back from "YouTube purgatory" he tweets about trees/nature and the Mega Man franchise.
- Wood Man owns a pet turtle, who is nice.
- In the beginning it was believed that Wood Man and John Notwoodman were the same character, but in The SiIvaGunner Spooktacular Halloween Horror Special Part III: Episode 3 it was revealed that in reality Wood Man and John Notwoodman are actually separate characters.
- "Wood Man" on MMKB
- "The Rock Manual part 2": "No.016 WOODMAN Masakatsu Ichikawa", "The FC version names the bosses, their numbered order, and the name and address of the design contest winners who are credited with creating them." - kobun20.interordi.com.
- MTV's ranking of all 78 Mega Man Bosses
- "Leaf Shield" on MMKB
- "give this rip a listen and a like, its really good. Nice." - @GiivaSunner. November 8, 2016.
- Tweet by @GiIvaSunner; June 23, 2017 - 13:01
- Tweet by @GiIvaSunner; June 23, 2017 - 13:47
- "Main Theme (Origin) - Mighty No. 9"
- Tweet by @SmokyThrill77.
- "Tweet" by @GiIvaSunner; June 21, 2017